Not Having Jeff Steitzer in BTB is A Huge Mistake

For the love of god please bring him back into this mode. Not having any announcements for my double, triple, overkills, etc. kind of ruins the multiplayer experience that we’ve been waiting for so long to be improved. I get that you guys are trying to push Agrena or whatever her name is, but realistically people don’t care about that. Her announcements aren’t that interesting and just feel flat, especially compared to Jef. Jeff has always been a talented announcer and is pretty much the VOICE of halo, please don’t mess this up guys. I honestly appreciate all the work that you guys do but sometimes stuff like this makes me wonder who even makes these decisions. You don’t even have to remove Agrena, just at least allow Jeff to announce the medals in the BTB gamemode, that would fix it completely.

Jeff IS the voice of Halo & to remove his iconic voice in favor of the same 4 AI commentary tracks is disappointing, I really don’t need to know I’ve picked up a weapon when I know I picked it up because I …picked it up.

You can argue that Jeff also makes the same calls every game but when you heard him it was because you either accomplished something cool or to inform you on things in the match such as time left, how his dialogue is presented makes you feel good, I think that’s the most important factor here

Halo 5 suffers from the same problem in Warzone because they tried to make it feel immersive by making the dialogue tactical in nature & it puts you off at times.

> 2533274947044147;2:
> Jeff IS the voice of Halo & to remove his iconic voice in favor of the same 4 AI commentary tracks is disappointing, I really don’t need to know I’ve picked up a weapon when I know I picked it up because I …picked it up.
>
> You can argue that Jeff also makes the same calls every game but when you heard him it was because you either accomplished something cool or to inform you on things in the match such as time left, how his dialogue is presented makes you feel good, I think that’s the most important factor here
>
> Halo 5 suffers from the same problem in Warzone because they tried to make it feel immersive by making the dialogue tactical in nature & it puts you off at times.

Agreed. And honestly this might be personal, but i really don’t like Agrena’s voice acting (at least for BTB). It doesn’t feel “epic” like Halo BTB should. It just doesn’t fit. Plus those redundancies in the announcements are quite annoying. Why is it that redundant things like “you just captured a zone” or my weapon pickups are announced but my overkill isn’t? Doesn’t make sense to me at all.

Who here misses ol Jeff saying “flag taken” “flag dropped” … ah good times.

1 Like

How about an AI using jeff’s voice…

It is clear that BTB will have announcers similar to how Halo 5 did it. I think the easiest way to please the Jeff fans would be to just make him a selectable announcer, easy as that.

Well it’s not the full release for starters, I figure he’ll be there when the game’s out and the announcer is an option like in 5. Though once Buck was available I never really used the Default again

I feel odd in saying though I don’t mind the current announcer? Though I full-heartedly agree on the pointless commentaries like “YOU PICKED UP A FRAG GRENADE!” First off, I know I picked one up. Second, it’s a standard issue grenade for goodness sake!! Some flavor commentary I’m fine with, keeps things from sounding too stale and boring, but I could do without the “Pointing out the obvious” on such small things like what grenade I just picked up.

> 2533274930787794;1:
> For the love of god please bring him back into this mode. Not having any announcements for my double, triple, overkills, etc. kind of ruins the multiplayer experience that we’ve been waiting for so long to be improved. I get that you guys are trying to push Agrena or whatever her name is, but realistically people don’t care about that. Her announcements aren’t that interesting and just feel flat, especially compared to Jef. Jeff has always been a talented announcer and is pretty much the VOICE of halo, please don’t mess this up guys. I honestly appreciate all the work that you guys do but sometimes stuff like this makes me wonder who even makes these decisions. You don’t even have to remove Agrena, just at least allow Jeff to announce the medals in the BTB gamemode, that would fix it completely.

I would honestly say we could have the Commander, our AI and Jeff in for announcing and it wouldn’t be too much. Each of those announcers play a different role in what they say and all of it is equally important information. Not having Jeff in just feels a little weird, like my double kills and other medals lose the special feeling.

> 2533274850869596;7:
> Well it’s not the full release for starters, I figure he’ll be there when the game’s out and the announcer is an option like in 5. Though once Buck was available I never really used the Default again
>
> I feel odd in saying though I don’t mind the current announcer? Though I full-heartedly agree on the pointless commentaries like “YOU PICKED UP A FRAG GRENADE!” First off, I know I picked one up. Second, it’s a standard issue grenade for goodness sake!! Some flavor commentary I’m fine with, keeps things from sounding too stale and boring, but I could do without the “Pointing out the obvious” on such small things like what grenade I just picked up.

I think that feature is mostly there for new players that have never played Halo before. I believe they already confirmed they’re adding a feature to adjust how much and what your AI says though

Yeah… I don’t really care for the Spartan commander’s voiceovers. Between Jeff Steitzer and the personal AI we’ve got enough voices. The rest is just excess.

> 2533274882898126;9:
> > 2533274850869596;7:
> > Well it’s not the full release for starters, I figure he’ll be there when the game’s out and the announcer is an option like in 5. Though once Buck was available I never really used the Default again
> >
> > I feel odd in saying though I don’t mind the current announcer? Though I full-heartedly agree on the pointless commentaries like “YOU PICKED UP A FRAG GRENADE!” First off, I know I picked one up. Second, it’s a standard issue grenade for goodness sake!! Some flavor commentary I’m fine with, keeps things from sounding too stale and boring, but I could do without the “Pointing out the obvious” on such small things like what grenade I just picked up.
>
> I think that feature is mostly there for new players that have never played Halo before. I believe they already confirmed they’re adding a feature to adjust how much and what your AI says though

Fair enough, and seeing you say that it makes a lot of sense in hindsight. We’re what, how many years into Halo at thjis point, from folks that started with CE and know the whole song and dance by now? Can’t say everyone who picks up Infinite for the first time is magically going to know all the lingo we know right off the bat.

Interesting about the how much they say part. Is that just frequency “Chatters a lot / Chatters sometimes” or actual amount of info provided? Come to think of it, there’s also the Academy which is supposed to be a big tutorial for newcomers as well.

Don’t want to hate but… I don’t like the female voice in BTB either.
It sounds pretty cheap and generic compared to the awesome classic announcer.

343, can you please let us choose Jeffs voice? No hearing i.e. OVERKILL in BTB just feels sooooo wrong. Like half of the fun and satisfaction of a multikill is hearing the announcer say it.

> 2533274850869596;11:
> > 2533274882898126;9:
> > > 2533274850869596;7:
> > > Well it’s not the full release for starters, I figure he’ll be there when the game’s out and the announcer is an option like in 5. Though once Buck was available I never really used the Default again
> > >
> > > I feel odd in saying though I don’t mind the current announcer? Though I full-heartedly agree on the pointless commentaries like “YOU PICKED UP A FRAG GRENADE!” First off, I know I picked one up. Second, it’s a standard issue grenade for goodness sake!! Some flavor commentary I’m fine with, keeps things from sounding too stale and boring, but I could do without the “Pointing out the obvious” on such small things like what grenade I just picked up.
> >
> > I think that feature is mostly there for new players that have never played Halo before. I believe they already confirmed they’re adding a feature to adjust how much and what your AI says though
>
> Fair enough, and seeing you say that it makes a lot of sense in hindsight. We’re what, how many years into Halo at thjis point, from folks that started with CE and know the whole song and dance by now? Can’t say everyone who picks up Infinite for the first time is magically going to know all the lingo we know right off the bat.
>
> Interesting about the how much they say part. Is that just frequency “Chatters a lot / Chatters sometimes” or actual amount of info provided? Come to think of it, there’s also the Academy which is supposed to be a big tutorial for newcomers as well.

If you think about it, other than spinoff games none of the Halo games after Halo CE were very noob-friendly. Someone who just started playing Halo for the first time booting up Halo 3 would likely be very confused, even moreso for the kids who were born after 2007 and ended up starting on Halo 4 or Halo 5. Halo Infinite is meant to be an entrance for newcomers and a new era for the Halo vets (which is anyone who’s been playing Halo before Infinite, I reckon). The Academy is gonna help alot with that as far as learning the lingo and what Halo is all about, and the personal AI is nice for people who do know what they’re doing for the extra information and funny quirks, and nice for people who don’t know what to do as far as callouts like “Score the flag at our base”, or “Picked up a Sniper Rifle” because people may not know what’s even happening if they’re noobs.

My best guess for the chatter selection is a slider between “No-talk, a little chatter, average chatter and extra chatter” but we’ll have to see how they implement the options for that.

I think it would be fine if they kept the Commander Agryn voiceovers the in-universe info (vehicle delivery inbound, etc) and used Steitzer’s voice for the video gamey stuff like “Triple Kill”, etc.

He’s in Arena, breathe, the sky is not falling

Being as there is absolutely zero announcing at ALL in BTB its likely it just wasn’t ready for the flight and thus was excluded. It’s very possible Jeff WILL be the announcer for BTB at launch. You need to remember that this was a test version that was created most likely 2 months ago. Meaning that they’ve made 2 months of additions and changes internally that we didn’t see with even more to come by launch. Come launch there will likely be roughly half a years worth of additions and tweaks from what we saw.

> 2533274851439894;12:
> Don’t want to hate but… I don’t like the female voice in BTB either.
> It sounds pretty cheap and generic compared to the awesome classic announcer.
>
> 343, can you please let us choose Jeffs voice? No hearing i.e. OVERKILL in BTB just feels sooooo wrong. Like half of the fun and satisfaction of a multikill is hearing the announcer say it.

Agree with all your points, nothing against Agryna but her voice sounds in deed pretty generic and dispassionate.

If she at least say the same stuff (like jeff: Double Kill!, Triple Kill! and so on) in a serious way, but it doesn’t happen.

At least let us choose between Jeff and Agryna. Jeff is just to iconic xD

> 2533274987139949;17:
> > 2533274851439894;12:
> > Don’t want to hate but… I don’t like the female voice in BTB either.
> > It sounds pretty cheap and generic compared to the awesome classic announcer.
> >
> > 343, can you please let us choose Jeffs voice? No hearing i.e. OVERKILL in BTB just feels sooooo wrong. Like half of the fun and satisfaction of a multikill is hearing the announcer say it.
>
> Agree with all your points, nothing against Agryna but her voice sounds in deed pretty generic and dispassionate.
>
> If she at least say the same stuff (like jeff: Double Kill!, Triple Kill! and so on) in a serious way, but it doesn’t happen.
>
> At least let us the choose between Jeff and Agryna. Jeff is just to iconic xD

We want Jeff!
We want JEFF!

sustain you

No one asked for Agryna just like no one asked for Palmer. That was a flop and this is a repeat. Jeff is beyond perfect, he’s iconic.