Not Happy About Jul 'Mdama

i think you killed jul mdama of to early in the game i would of liked to see him fight the arbiter.

Jul served his purpose of showing you just how BA Spartan Locke is. awesome cutscene. Writers kill off characters and viewers/players complaining is just dumb. It was part of the story. You aren’t the writer. If your ideas were good, you could be a writer.

Me too, but like locke said, “Hes more of a opportunist, than a fighter”

I agree, but then again i never really cared about that part of the story… didn’t make much sense.

Jul was just added in there for convenience in the first place

I’m happy Jul finally got taken out and we can start to move away from the covenant.

> 2533274810042925;2:
> Jul served his purpose of showing you just how BA Spartan Locke is. awesome cutscene. Writers kill off characters and viewers/players complaining is just dumb. It was part of the story. You aren’t the writer. If your ideas were good, you could be a writer.

How do you expect to be respected when you can’t learn to respect others. Post your opinion about the matter don’t insult/attack people for their thoughts. That’s such a dbag thing to do.

And I agree with OP. The Arbiter should’ve been the one to take him out. He isn’t a great fighter in the lore so taking him out doesn’t tell one much about their level of fighting. In terms of storytelling it would’ve been better if both sides of the coin clashed.

yeah I wish he had actually put up a bit of a fight at least. he pulls out a sword and doesn’t even try. great cut scene but they didn’t even give him a chance.

> 2533274810042925;2:
> Writers kill off characters and viewers/players complaining is just dumb. It was part of the story. You aren’t the writer. If your ideas were good, you could be a writer.

It’s these two sentences that don’t make much sense for me. Who are the writers writing for? Themselves or their audience? Are the viewers supposed to just passively engage the writing and only form good opinions over it? You seem to be implying that by saying people who complain or criticize a thing like a character death are dumb. Of course Jul’s death was a part of the story, but what does that matter? Your last sentence is just another rehash of “If you don’t like X, make your own thing!” or “You aren’t an X, so you can’t criticize something.”

You are more than welcome to find Jul’s death a fine part of the story. But calling anyone who doesn’t agree dumb is just ignorance at its finest.

> 2533274810042925;2:
> Jul served his purpose of showing you just how BA Spartan Locke is. awesome cutscene. Writers kill off characters and viewers/players complaining is just dumb. It was part of the story. You aren’t the writer. If your ideas were good, you could be a writer.

Okay, you are wrong on a LOT of different things here and some people have called out some of them so I’m going to talk about the other. The purpose of Jul was far from showing off the power of a Spartan-IV. Why the hell would 343i make him a prominent character and villain in three books, a comic, and a game if it’s just to have him killed off by a character who didn’t exist until some time after Halo 4 came out? He’s the reason there’s still a Covenant post-war and part of the reason Halo 4 happened in the first place.

Meh…Jul wasn’t really that impressionable on me. I know he was important in extended lore but…not a big loss in my opinion.

I can see why people were actually thinking Jul was a major player instead of a overblown henchman. It was hilarious how unceremoniously he got pwnd.

> 2533274818354722;5:
> I’m happy Jul finally got taken out and we can start to move away from the covenant.

He did appear somewhat more prominently in Halo: Escalation and Spartan Ops, so having him finally taken out was a relief. Of course, he had so little screen time in Halo 5, but at least it’s confirmed we won’t be playing cat and mouse with him the whole time :stuck_out_tongue: