NOT GETTING THE CREDITS I DESERVE!

Man, I’ve been having a pretty rough last month or so dealing with 3 massive term papers. To relax, I like to game out a bit of Reach, yet for some friggen reason little things keep happening to my credits, and it’s really starting to PISS ME OFF!

Like I know it’s just a game, but kick me when I’m down why don’t ya. I spend a long time and worked hard to earn 50 wins this week for my 30k credits, and what happens? I DIDN’T GET MY CREDITS!!!

It shows that I’ve completed the weekly challenge, but, and this is NOT the first time this has happened, I don’t get the credits. It’s not so much as I really need the credits super bad and I’m having a tantrum. Rather, it’s the very idea of working towards something only to find out that you aren’t going to get it even if you do everything you’re asked to.

It just really sucks, like a lot. Like why would you tell me you’re going to give me 30k credits if I complete the challenge and then not give it to me when I complete it? WHY?

Sorry to hear that. Maybe you hit the 120,000 credit cap or got 15,000 in a day and then got the weekly? That would negate the weekly challenge credits.

It’s likely you hit the credit cap given how much you were playing. I hate the cap. It’s a truly bad idea that screws people for no good reason. I should have gotten 37,000 credits for unlocking the last terminal in CEA but as far as I could tell I didn’t get squat.

They use credits to get you to play, then put in the cap so that when you do what they wanted they screw you and discourage you from playing. Dumb, dumb, dumb.

If i had it my way, Reach would take away credits every time you’d lose and gain every time you win. I wish it was like this; i really do…you’re getting mad OP, It’s just online creds, you probably hit the credit cap for playing too much for one day. Think of it as Bungies/343’s way of saying “that’s enough Halo for today pal, go read a book or do something constructive”.

> If i had it my way, Reach would take away credits every time you’d lose and gain every time you win. I wish it was like this; i really do…

Spoken like someone who is truly self-absorbed.

It’s just a game, and everyone who paid for the game and for Xbox LIve deserves to enjoy every aspect of it, including ranking up. What you suggest would keep roughly half the players at no credits, and it wouldn’t take long before they’d give up and move on to other games that do reward even mediocre and bad players.

Then a bunch of the people who’d been winning because they played against the people who stopped playing would start losing more and get discouraged as well.

> you’re getting mad OP, It’s just online creds, you probably hit the credit cap for playing too much for one day. Think of it as Bungies/343’s way of saying “that’s enough Halo for today pal, go read a book or do something constructive”.

Stupid argument. The credit cap is stupid to begin with, and if game developers don’t want people to play their games they shouldn’t publish them.

And as I’m sure you know, you hit the credit cap faster and faster as you rank up. Complete some daily challenges and a weekly challenge and you could hit the cap in less than 10 games.

> > If i had it my way, Reach would take away credits every time you’d lose and gain every time you win. I wish it was like this; i really do…
>
> Spoken like someone who is truly self-absorbed.
>
> It’s just a game, and everyone who paid for the game and for Xbox LIve deserves to enjoy every aspect of it, including ranking up. What you suggest would keep roughly half the players at no credits, and it wouldn’t take long before they’d give up and move on to other games that do reward even mediocre and bad players.
>
> Then a bunch of the people who’d been winning because they played against the people who stopped playing would start losing more and get discouraged as well.
>
>
>
> > you’re getting mad OP, It’s just online creds, you probably hit the credit cap for playing too much for one day. Think of it as Bungies/343’s way of saying “that’s enough Halo for today pal, go read a book or do something constructive”.
>
> Stupid argument. The credit cap is stupid to begin with, and if game developers don’t want people to play their games they shouldn’t publish them.
>
> And as I’m sure you know, you hit the credit cap faster and faster as you rank up. Complete some daily challenges and a weekly challenge and you could hit the cap in less than 10 games.

I am an Eclipse and i play enough but not to the point i hit the cap. I played about 10 or so games of TS with me buds two nights ago, no credit cap. I’ve only hit the cap three times. Once at Brig, another at Mythic. Even now i have to try my balls just hit the cap.

If those players wanted credits bad enough, they’ll try harder to win. If you lose, you shouldn’t be rewarded as much, if at all (it’s sounds extreme but even some of the thumbless will try hard). That’s what the credit shouldn’t be tied to rank and rather rank have exp with credits being being separate from all that. That’s a different story though, this is about the cap.

Besides if you REALLY want to get past the cap, change your time Tokyo settings. You’ll be able to continue grinding after that or so the rumor goes.

> I am an Eclipse and i play enough but not to the point i hit the cap. I played about 10 or so games of TS with me buds two nights ago, no credit cap. I’ve only hit the cap three times. Once at Brig, another at Mythic. Even now i have to try my balls just hit the cap.

It will get easier every time you rank up, and things like completing challenges and jackpots make it more likely. A friend of mine got a 15,000 cR jackpot recently. Weekly challenges can give you 30,000 in a day.

It’s easier for me to hit it as a Forerunner than it was as an Eclipse. In any case, why do you think how often you personally hit the cap is relevant? Oh, right, because you’re all that matters to you, as I said before.

> If those players wanted credits bad enough, they’ll try harder to win. If you lose, you shouldn’t be rewarded as much, if at all (it’s sounds extreme but even some of the thumbless will try hard).

You’re living in a dream world. You’re off in your own little world facilitated by the fact that you’re better at this than most people. Your K/D is 1.35, which is above average, so you advocate something that would serve you well but hurt most people.

There is no reward in these games for trying hard, only for succeeding. What fools like you don’t get it is that games require a certain amount of natural talent to be good at them. Sure, you’ve played a lot and tried hard to become good, but you fail to realize that a lot of people, myself being one of them, can try until our fingers fall off and we’ll never be very good. I’m very good at some things, but this just isn’t one of them, but I love the game.

Do I just lack natural talent or is it that I didn’t start playing video games until I was 53? I’ll never know, but what I do know is that I play and try every bit as hard as you or anyone else and I’ve just never been able to get good at slayer games. So just get over this delusion that people who aren’t good just aren’t trying, because that’s hogwash. I also know I paid for a game and want to be able to enjoy it even if I’m not good at it.

You need to get your head out of your behind and understand that games are not just for the people who are really good at them. In the real world people choose to play games with others who have a comparable skill level. In online games you’re at the mercy of the matchmaking system, and a quick perusal of most game results will show you that the skill levels in most of them vary significantly.

It’s bad enough that people such as myself can’t get matched to comparable people and as a result we virtually never win, but you want to ensure we can’t experience anything good from the game at all.

> Besides if you REALLY want to get past the cap, change your time Tokyo settings. You’ll be able to continue grinding after that or so the rumor goes.

I shouldn’t have to do that. The cap is just stupid. Besides, I never got a message the other day saying I’d hit the limit, but when I entered the terminal code from the last terminal in CEA I didn’t get the 37,000 credits I was supposed to get. That’s just stupid, and wrong. Basically they denied me my credits because I entered the code on the wrong day. Either that, or their system just didn’t give them to me.