Not enough air counters

In UNSC terms:

-Green against infantry-
Snipers
Hellbringers
Warthogs
Scorpions

-Green against vehicles-
Cyclopes
Scorpions
Hornets
Vultures

-Green against air-
Wolverines
Vultures

Do you see the problem, here? Can you see how this could be causing problems? Every counter should have at least three minimum, in my opinion. Infantry are supposed to be the direct counter to air, yet marines still do a worse job at countering them than both opposing unit types, and that rocket upgrade apparently has no effect the marines’ AA efficiency. Why? The solution: increase marines’ AA efficiency, and maybe there will actually be a rock-paper-scissors system. Thanks for reading, and have a nice day!

Make the vulture round beatable!

Firefight is supposed to be difficult, there is no “winning”. If everyone could play the round to infinity then it wouldn’t be fun.

> 2533274840245702;2:
> Firefight is supposed to be difficult, there is no “winning”. If everyone could play the round to infinity then it wouldn’t be fun.

EDIT: Never mind didn’t read the last sentence

core infantry I good against air, they don’t need a buff, maybe ur just not making enough men

> 2533274859484857;4:
> core infantry I good against air, they don’t need a buff, maybe ur just not making enough men

I’m sorry but no amount of marines is going to get you through the mass blisterback or the mass vulture round

> 2533274840245702;2:
> Firefight is supposed to be difficult, there is no “winning”. If everyone could play the round to infinity then it wouldn’t be fun.

I agree Firefight should be difficult, but there shouldn’t be a “nuke” round that single-handedly wipes out everything you’ve ever made. The only tactics I’ve heard to beat the vulture round is to spam banshees with Decimus’ siphon abilities or do something else with Johnson(I don’t know what, but it definitely puts him on top of the leaderboards). Why do air units do a better job killing air than the supposed direct counter?

> 2535449076192416;6:
> > 2533274840245702;2:
> > Firefight is supposed to be difficult, there is no “winning”. If everyone could play the round to infinity then it wouldn’t be fun.
>
> I agree Firefight should be difficult, but there shouldn’t be a “nuke” round that single-handedly wipes out everything you’ve ever made. The only tactics I’ve heard to beat the vulture round is to spam banshees with Decimus’ siphon abilities or do something else with Johnson(I don’t know what, but it definitely puts him on top of the leaderboards). Why do air units do a better job killing air than the supposed direct counter?

If it was actually impossible to get passed the heavy round I would agree with you. But the fact that there are people at the top of the leaderboards should be a testament that it isn’t impossible, just very yoinking hard. There should be a normal distribution of what level people make it to. In other words, around 70% of the players should be within a single standard deviation of the average round achieved with only a few people in the super high and super low rounds. I don’t know what the actual statistics are but It looks like right now that that is at least somewhat the case.

> 2533274840245702;5:
> > 2533274859484857;4:
> > core infantry I good against air, they don’t need a buff, maybe ur just not making enough men
>
> I’m sorry but no amount of marines is going to get you through the mass blisterback or the mass vulture round

IKNOW BUT THEY ARE A DIFFERENT STORY

> 2533274859484857;8:
> > 2533274840245702;5:
> > > 2533274859484857;4:
> > > core infantry I good against air, they don’t need a buff, maybe ur just not making enough men
> >
> > I’m sorry but no amount of marines is going to get you through the mass blisterback or the mass vulture round
>
> IKNOW BUT THEY ARE A DIFFERENT STORY

There’s no need to raise your voice.

> 2535449076192416;1:
> In UNSC terms:
>
> -Green against infantry-
> Snipers
> Hellbringers
> Warthogs
> Scorpions
>
> -Green against vehicles-
> Cyclopes
> Scorpions
> Hornets
> Vultures
>
> -Green against air-
> Wolverines
> Vultures
>
> Do you see the problem, here? Can you see how this could be causing problems? Every counter should have at least three minimum, in my opinion. Infantry are supposed to be the direct counter to air, yet marines still do a worse job at countering them than both opposing unit types, and that rocket upgrade apparently has no effect the marines’ AA efficiency. Why? The solution: increase marines’ AA efficiency, and maybe there will actually be a rock-paper-scissors system. Thanks for reading, and have a nice day!
>
> Make the vulture round beatable!

I feel you, direct air is far too OP, but all infantry got a giant buff not too long ago to make them way better in general but especially against air. I hope this helps!

> 2533274869891714;9:
> > 2533274859484857;8:
> > > 2533274840245702;5:
> > > > 2533274859484857;4:
> > > > core infantry I good against air, they don’t need a buff, maybe ur just not making enough men
> > >
> > > I’m sorry but no amount of marines is going to get you through the mass blisterback or the mass vulture round
> >
> > IKNOW BUT THEY ARE A DIFFERENT STORY
>
> There’s no need to raise your voice.

Oh no, I just left the caps lock on. Srry^^

> 2535449076192416;1:
> In UNSC terms:
>
> -Green against infantry-
> Snipers
> Hellbringers
> Warthogs
> Scorpions
>
> -Green against vehicles-
> Cyclopes
> Scorpions
> Hornets
> Vultures
>
> -Green against air-
> Wolverines
> Vultures
>
> Do you see the problem, here? Can you see how this could be causing problems? Every counter should have at least three minimum, in my opinion. Infantry are supposed to be the direct counter to air, yet marines still do a worse job at countering them than both opposing unit types, and that rocket upgrade apparently has no effect the marines’ AA efficiency. Why? The solution: increase marines’ AA efficiency, and maybe there will actually be a rock-paper-scissors system. Thanks for reading, and have a nice day!
>
> Make the vulture round beatable!

Why are you so upset about Marine AA when Grunts almost can’t counter at all? Besides marines are not so bad against air for their regressive cost efficiency as Banshees cost 12k for max pop while Marines tear at air decently for half the cost so you can easily outnumber them and push for enemy base.

Pretty sure the only way to get through Vulture Spam FF is to use all of your strongest attacks at once.

(Ex- T3 Glassing Beam)

I always wondered why people never used their strongest attacks first.

> 2533274818737568;13:
> Pretty sure the only way to get through Vulture Spam FF is to use all of your strongest attacks at once.
>
> (Ex- T3 Glassing Beam)
>
> I always wondered why people never used their strongest attacks first.

All of Anders’ leader powers are air-based. Vultures are green against air, so expect a lot of space bucks to be wasted.

> 2535449076192416;14:
> > 2533274818737568;13:
> > Pretty sure the only way to get through Vulture Spam FF is to use all of your strongest attacks at once.
> >
> > (Ex- T3 Glassing Beam)
> >
> > I always wondered why people never used their strongest attacks first.
>
> All of Anders’ leader powers are air-based. Vultures are green against air, so expect a lot of space bucks to be wasted.

Wouldn’t be a problem if they added force attack. You could just get your Kodiaks to shell right under the Vultures and have free Sentinel Spam. Limiting it to FF for balance tho.

Marines are decent against air units.

> 2535437626970627;10:
> > 2535449076192416;1:
> > In UNSC terms:
> >
> > -Green against infantry-
> > Snipers
> > Hellbringers
> > Warthogs
> > Scorpions
> >
> > -Green against vehicles-
> > Cyclopes
> > Scorpions
> > Hornets
> > Vultures
> >
> > -Green against air-
> > Wolverines
> > Vultures
> >
> > Do you see the problem, here? Can you see how this could be causing problems? Every counter should have at least three minimum, in my opinion. Infantry are supposed to be the direct counter to air, yet marines still do a worse job at countering them than both opposing unit types, and that rocket upgrade apparently has no effect the marines’ AA efficiency. Why? The solution: increase marines’ AA efficiency, and maybe there will actually be a rock-paper-scissors system. Thanks for reading, and have a nice day!
> >
> > Make the vulture round beatable!
>
> I feel you, direct air is far too OP, but all infantry got a giant buff not too long ago to make them way better in general but especially against air. I hope this helps!

Yeah all infantry got buffed against air, especially hell bringers, cyclopses, snipers, jump back brutes, hunters, and suicide grunts. Real problem is that infantry is supposed to counter air but none of them can hit air.

Yeah this is a problem

> 2533274818737568;13:
> Pretty sure the only way to get through Vulture Spam FF is to use all of your strongest attacks at once.
>
> (Ex- T3 Glassing Beam)
>
> I always wondered why people never used their strongest attacks first.

you don’t need to use all your strongest abilities as they are actually easy to kill unless they are at your base, which means your base is gone unless you are atriox or yapyap. just make sure to attack before they travel to your base and your fine.

> 2535428931727626;19:
> > 2533274818737568;13:
> > Pretty sure the only way to get through Vulture Spam FF is to use all of your strongest attacks at once.
> >
> > (Ex- T3 Glassing Beam)
> >
> > I always wondered why people never used their strongest attacks first.
>
> you don’t need to use all your strongest abilities as they are actually easy to kill unless they are at your base, which means your base is gone unless you are atriox or yapyap. just make sure to attack before they travel to your base and your fine.

50 Vultures will wreck your army. Doesn’t matter what you have.