Not being able to de rank out of your division l

What was 343 reasoning for not being able to de rank out of your tier. If you don’t deserve to be there you just don’t l.

Doesn’t it get reset monthly?

> 2533274807773315;2:
> Doesn’t it get reset monthly?

Even with the monthly reset it should be an option to opt out, but then again people would be doing that all the time just to get a higher rank.

im just arguing with my self here XD

> 2533274816688440;3:
> > 2533274807773315;2:
> > Doesn’t it get reset monthly?
>
>
> Even with the monthly reset it should be an option to opt out, but then again people would be doing that all the time just to get a higher rank.
>
> im just arguing with my self here XD

I get you man, I argued with myself trying to get through each new loophole opened up by changing something. You can de rank because of seasons, which they want to push for competition. But I think it will hurt play Base as I really wanted to play this game for the competition, but with not much time I can’t be -Yoinked!- to play 10 qualifier matches EVERY month for EACH play list. I’d like to see the tier and season system left in place, but a 1-50 that straddles seasons which is your true skill, and matchmaking goes off true skill which would avoid player deliberately having a bad season to get matched with nods the following season.

The wording of the post doesn’t 100% suggest that, 343 say they will later introduce seasonal playlists that will reset monthly. They don’t actually say the staple playlists will reset monthly. Without further clarification it’s anyone’s guess

I assume that the reason you can’t fall out of a rank (beside Onyx and Champion, I think) is to prevent “counter boosting” of rank. Some people who are “better” at the game like to play badly or loose some games to get a lower rank so they can run around and stomp people. While this is a rather sad and silly practice, it is occasionally done. Once you get placed in a rank, there is a good range or tiers within that rank (1-6) for you to move up and down in; but once you are in a rank, you probably (on average) belong somewhere in that rank. Honestly, unless a player is at the very bottom of a rank, it is unlikely that once being placed in a rank you would drop out of it. There would be fluctuation within it, but not enough to cause a whole rank change.

This is not always the case, but it works out overall when considering average performance. It also prevents counter boosting, forcing players to either play with players of comparative skill or a little above. I think it was a very good decision on their part.

In regard to seasons… don’t know what they’re doing with that yet. No word. I think seasons are a great idea and they keep things fresh, but 1 month is far too short a time. Seasons lasting 3 months seems quite good to me.

> 2533274861362753;6:
> In regard to seasons… don’t know what they’re doing with that yet. No word. I think seasons are a great idea and they keep things fresh, but 1 month is far too short a time. Seasons lasting 3 months seems quite good to me.

I agree. No way am I playing 30+ placement matches every month. I can deal with every 3 though, it’s reasonable (ahh I love that word).