Not another vs thread...oh wait...

So this one is purely halo universe now lets begin.

Ripa 'Moramee VS Jul 'Mdama

Ripa: will be in his Arbiter armor

Weps: Duel energy swords

Equipment: Active Camo.

Jul: Will be in his Zealot armor

Weps: Energy sword

equipment: Evade (halo reach styled)

(now I know this is prob not canon but its a vs so…ya)

I personally don’t have a problem with versus threads, but the Universe section of the forums is starting to get overpopulated with them. They should really have their own dedicated section.

Anyway, we don’t know much about Jul’s skills, so I guess I’ll give the match to Ripa, simply because he has camo.

> I personally don’t have a problem with versus threads, but the Universe section of the forums is starting to get overpopulated with them. They should really have their own dedicated section.
>
> Anyway, we don’t know much about Jul’s skills, so I guess I’ll give the match to Ripa, simply because he has camo.

I would assume he is skillful but…from what I know about him he seems to be very cunning and would be one to hit below the belt at a seconds notice.

I’ll go with Ripa…he was a fleet master and Jul was a shipmaster. Which leads me to believe Ripa has more experience to Jul…so to me… he has the edge.

I’ll go with Ripa. He was known to be physically imposing even for an Elite and he seems to be a berserker which makes him unpredictable in a fight, whereas Jul seems like a more cautious type. Ripa also has the advantage of two energy swords to Jul’s one, he can catch Juls blade with one and stab him with the other. Lastly Ripa has active camo, Jul, from what we’ve seen does not.

I think Jul Mdama’s a bit out of his league, not just any ol Zealot becomes an Arbiter you know :wink:

> I think Jul Mdama’s a bit out of his league, not just any ol Zealot becomes an Arbiter you know :wink:

If Sergeant forge can kill an Arbiter… Anybody can kill an Arbiter.

> > I think Jul Mdama’s a bit out of his league, not just any ol Zealot becomes an Arbiter you know :wink:
>
> If Sergeant forge can kill an Arbiter… Anybody can kill an Arbiter.

But Jul 'Mdama…well…did he fight in any of the books or anything?

Seriously, is there ANYTHING in Jul’s favor?

I think a in-universe vs thread works a lot better than a cross-universe thread because the variables follow the same rules and general literary themes.

Jul was raised to fight just like every other male elite. He’s also proven to be smart. In a straight out fair fight I think Ripa would…rip him a new one, but I think given the right circumstances and environment Jul would probably take advantage of Ripa’s arrogance.

> > I think Jul Mdama’s a bit out of his league, not just any ol Zealot becomes an Arbiter you know :wink:
>

He killed him do to Ripa sense of honor…or he just let his guard down. If disregarded Forges request…Forge would have been cut in two or four easily.

>

Circular reasoning… just because person A beats person B doesn’t mean person C also beats person B. At any rate, I never said Ripa was invincible, I only stated what he had in his favor.

Also, unlike Jul, we know Ripa has killed Elites before.

Ripa has enough against him for Jul to not take advantage of. Ripa is a -Yoink- sword fighter and an even worse combatant. There was a massive analysis of just how crap Ripa was some time ago, but I’ll just mention some of the points. They include:
Being incredibly slow
Awkward on his feet. Can be dropped by a much weaker human.
Instead of using his Sword, he decides to toy with Forge first.
Made massive slow swings
And more. Forge wasnt a peak human. He was a normal soldier. Anyone who doesnt gimp the crap out of themselves is going to hand this overgrown Elite a smackdown.

Definitely Jul.

Since we’ve never really seen Jul demonstrate his prowess in the art of swordsmanship, and that throughout his campaigns, he’s seemed to favor deception and retreat over direct confrontation unlike most other Sangheili in his position, he’s either not a decent swordsman, or he’s smart.

However, the chances of a subpar swordsman becoming a shipmaster are extremely slim and therefore meaning that he’s above average in his skills in battle.

On the other hand, Ripa 'Moramee was a great swordsman, and an imposing military commander, but he often failed to estimate the potential of his enemies and ultimately preferred honor over survival, which was demonstrated in his defeat at the hands of a wounded and an unaugmented marine.

With that being said, I can only assume that Jul would win given that he’s not only willing to compensate his precious honor over survival, but also how he acts through calculation rather than pure impulse.

Oh snap its tied up

Honestly I think it would be an interesting fight as they both seem to be as different as the night is from the day but I would personally say if it is gonna be just one fight not multiple engagements 'Moramee will most likely win out.

'Moramee only toyed with forge because forge was a constant trouble through out wars…and then he gave forge his “last” wish -.-.

> Oh snap its tied up
>
> Honestly I think it would be an interesting fight as they both seem to be as different as the night is from the day but I would personally say if it is gonna be just one fight not multiple engagements 'Moramee will most likely win out.
>
> 'Moramee only toyed with forge because forge was a constant trouble through out wars…and then he gave forge his “last” wish -.-.

I agree with this. From what we know, Ripa is a great combatant, and was only toying with Forge because he was a pain in the -Yoink-.

> > Oh snap its tied up
> >
> > Honestly I think it would be an interesting fight as they both seem to be as different as the night is from the day but I would personally say if it is gonna be just one fight not multiple engagements 'Moramee will most likely win out.
> >
> > 'Moramee only toyed with forge because forge was a constant trouble through out wars…and then he gave forge his “last” wish -.-.
>
> I agree with this. From what we know, Ripa is a great combatant, and was only toying with Forge because he was a pain in the -Yoink!-.

And yet still not smart/capable enough to realize or recover from being beaten.

> > > Oh snap its tied up
> > >
> > > Honestly I think it would be an interesting fight as they both seem to be as different as the night is from the day but I would personally say if it is gonna be just one fight not multiple engagements 'Moramee will most likely win out.
> > >
> > > 'Moramee only toyed with forge because forge was a constant trouble through out wars…and then he gave forge his “last” wish -.-.
> >
> > I agree with this. From what we know, Ripa is a great combatant, and was only toying with Forge because he was a pain in the -Yoink!-.
>
> And yet still not smart/capable enough to realize or recover from being beaten.

If you don’t mind my asking what do you mean by this?

> > > > Oh snap its tied up
> > > >
> > > > Honestly I think it would be an interesting fight as they both seem to be as different as the night is from the day but I would personally say if it is gonna be just one fight not multiple engagements 'Moramee will most likely win out.
> > > >
> > > > 'Moramee only toyed with forge because forge was a constant trouble through out wars…and then he gave forge his “last” wish -.-.
> > >
> > > I agree with this. From what we know, Ripa is a great combatant, and was only toying with Forge because he was a pain in the -Yoink!-.
> >
> > And yet still not smart/capable enough to realize or recover from being beaten.
>
> If you don’t mind my asking what do you mean by this?

He either wasn’t smart enough to realize his opponent was better than he had estimated. Or he wasn’t capable enough to get himself out of the situation he put himself in.

He may have been great, but clearly not great enough.

This is very similar to a Thel v Ripa debate I took part in a while ago.

Ripa has the whole ‘walking tank’ thing on his side, but Jul is a fairly smart individual. And he’s got far less honour than the Shield World Arbiter did - he willingly operates with humans. That in itself would’ve gotten him killed during the war.
I can see Jul taking advantage of Ripa very easily. It’d be a hard fight and he wouldn’t go without a few wounds, but I think he’d win.

> Oh snap its tied up
>
> Honestly I think it would be an interesting fight as they both seem to be as different as the night is from the day but I would personally say if it is gonna be just one fight not multiple engagements 'Moramee will most likely win out.
>
> 'Moramee only toyed with forge because forge was a constant trouble through out wars…and then he gave forge his “last” wish -.-.

Even ignoring that, there is still the matter of…well, everything else I said. Ripa is not a great swordsman. He is not even a good fighter. He is terrible. He was beaten badly by a human who wasn’t even at the peak. I’m sorry, but if Ripa was actually a great swordsman, he wouldn’t have made half the mistakes he made.

Ah ha, found the analysis of just how -Yoink- Ripa really is.

> - YouTube
> 1:00
> Ripa is shoulder checked, and takes three full seconds to recover his footing. He also looses one of his swords.
>
> 1:04
> Ripa begins his swing. he also appears to throw his arms out a little to build momentum.
>
> 1:05
> Ripa now has both arms fully extended as far from his body as possible. He shifts his entire weight, and steps foreword, essentially turning his whole body in the course of the attack.
>
> 1:06
> Ripa ends his swing. His strike, bearing literally all of his bulk, ends five feet past its target, again putting both his arms away from his enemy and presenting him with a massive target (this time its his face). He begins his backhand strike.
>
> 1:07
> Ripa’s backhand strike is considerably quicker (taking one full second to complete as opposed to two), without much build up. It is, of course, massively obvious because of the position of his hand pulled back across his body, and he STILL turns his entire body into the strike, and even has to reshuffle his feet which puts him off balance. at the end of his backhand strike, his weapon is once again outstretched as far as it can get from his opponent, and his left arm pulls back across his chest, apparently to add more momentum to a -third- across the body shift all your weight attack.
>
> 1:07-1:08
> Ripa is carried off his feet by the Marine, because nearly his entire body was left open, and he was off balance.
>
>
>
> 1:10
> Ripa makes his first attempt to remove the Marine. his arm is quickly knocked back by a shove from the marine, who does most of the work with one hand. Ripa is struck quickly across the face, his hand held down by one of the Marine’s hands. It will take him almost four full seconds to recover.
>
>
> 1:13-1:14
> Ripa reaches over with his left hand and pulls the Marine off.
>
> 1:16
> Ripa pulls his fist back to shoulder level, then pivots his chest back, and hits the Marine with a full force Haymaker.
> He starts pulling back at 1:15, and ends the blow at 1:17, making this another two second attack. This is the first time Ripa has landed a blow on his opponent.
> at this point, the Marine has hit him four times with melee attacks, and with two bursts of gunfire
> Ripa has been disarmed twice, and knocked prone once.
>
> 1:21
> Ripa takes approximately four seconds to lightly push the Marine into what is literally the most forgiving surface available. notice how even this push requires the Elite to grunt with exertion and shift his stance. He also reels back from the momentum as he lets the Human go.
>
>
>
> We don’t see much actual fighting after this, because Rippa won’t shut his goddam mouth, so no good examples of his “skill” there.
>
> Ripa’s attacks, on average, take Two full seconds to perform, and almost exclusively consist of him turning his body entirely for a repetitive massive sweeping blow. Even an average person with no sword fighting experience is going to have a second to a second and a half after each extremely slow swing to retaliate. this means that any Adult man or woman given a similar weapon to his could very easily outfight him.
>
> Ripa starts a strike.
>
>
> One one thousand
> Two one thousand
>
>
> Ripa ends a strike.
>
> If anyone is having trouble visualizing, (and you’re not somewhere public) try it out.
> look over your left shoulder, and stretch out both your arms. Step in the direction you’re looking with your right leg, letting your right arm come down till it reaches across your chest to your left hip. and Make sure to count out
> “One one thousand. Two one thousand”
> To make sure you’re moving at the right speed.
>
> Do you feel like you could move faster? If someone holding a broom handle did that towards you, would you feel confident in your ability to avoid it? If you yourself had a broom handle, do you think you could hit that person repeatedly without getting touched?
>
> If so, You are ready to take on the Holy Arbiter of the Covenant, Ripa Moramee the greatest Swordsman of all Sangheilios, the Planet of Space Swordsmen who train from childhood, with his people’s sacred and most strongly favored style of sword.

And there you go. If anyone is still in doubt about just how utterly doomed Ripa is, there really is nothing I can do to help you.