Not a fan of new challenges

Not a fan of the new challenges. It was a lot more fun when you had to use certain weapons and do certain things to complete them. Now a majority of them are playing/winning in different playlists. That sucks. I don’t like ranked. I don’t like tactical. I don’t want to play those to complete challenges. But now all 4 challenges I have are game specific. It was a lot better when it was most use different weapons to get kills, get back smacks, complete capture the flag etc. those you could choose what playlist you liked best and still complete them. Now I’m forced to play games I don’t want to play. This needs to be fixed

1 Like

The point of the challenges is to make you go out of your comfort zone and do things you typically wouldn’t. I personally would have less challenges and make them more difficult. Get an overkill in PVP, get a kill with the repulsor in PVP or Capture two flags in one PVP game etc

1 Like

And Why if i use a challenge swap am i forced to keep playing ranked challenges when that is what i wanted to swap. This is so stupid. This getting old real quick.

1 Like

I get what they’re Trying to do. Look if it was just one challenge to get me to try it and see if I liked it I get it. But now it’s an every day occurrence that I have to play ranked to get the challenges completed. I have been playing the game less since the update because of it. I’m sure that idea looked good on paper to them but everyone I know has a types of games they like better than others. Now I’m being forced to play all of them all the time. It’s horrible

1 Like

The new “cumulative score” ones are just ridiculous and broken/buggy. I have one for 7500 cumulative score in BTB. Got into a total control and ended with ~2K score for doing well. So, at minimum, that’s 4 matches, but likely double that because getting 2K consistently is difficult due to mode rotation.

Then I complete the match and it doesn’t register my score towards the challenge. Didn’t even bring it up in the post game challenges counter. I double checked to make sure I wasn’t missing anything — “Earn a cumulative score of 7500 in Big Team Battle. Nope, it just didn’t freaking count.

I’d rather have the return 10 flags one back than this buggy crap. I could get that done in fewer matches.

1 Like

Challenge swaps should be challenge skips.
I get that they’re trying to appease people by making you earn things “only through gameplay”.
But for that, look to Halo 3 and Reach.
H3: a SINGLE, difficult challenge, with no time limit - until the Vidmasters come out, and then it is a series of EXTREMELY difficult challenges with no time limit - to unlock each armor piece in the game.
Reach: Everything earned through leveling, earning credits, and “buying” unlocked armor - again with no time limit.

No one cares if you had to skip weeklies to get the ultimate challenge. The “challenge”, the “earning through gameplay”, the only thing that anyone cares about is the FINAL unlock challenge.

Which, btw, SHOULD NOT BE WEEKLY. That’s what’s putting me off the game entirely. Now, if there was no time limit to earn it, it would be worthwhile, but right now it’s set up to try to pressure us into completing all our challenges every week. It’s exhausting.

Also the actual challenge to unlock items is WAY too easy. Which is a symptom of being an LTE but seriously, it used to be “beat legendary solo”. Now it’s “get 15 headshots”.

This game is a mess.

1 Like

The challenge system is inherently broken because it forces people to play a way they hate, something 343 promised they wouldn’t do. These new challenges show that they still aren’t listening or even keeping their own promises.

1 Like

Well, they’re not twisting your arm saying you have to do the challenges.

1 Like

I hate the challenge system with a passion.
I do not want to play ranked matches yet I am forced to. They say that we aren’t forced to play a certain way yet I am forced into a game mode I don’t want to play. I don’t want to play with a bunch of sweats or on the other end of the scale a bunch of people aimlessly walking around trying to get their challenge done.
Before you say you can use challenge swaps to change this, I did!
I wasted 4 challenge swaps on one of these ranked challenges and guess what, all 4 of the swaps were ranked game mode related. What a waste, I intended to save them challenge swaps for this and that’s it there gone, that’s me done playing online for the week then.
Back to campaign.
Sucky half -Yoink!- job they’ve done with the progression system. I am a software dev and i’ve programmed games, they are just not doing enough to resurrect their faults. It really isn’t as complex as they are making it out to be to fix the progression system. They just want to rake as much money in as possible and it is clear, these excuses they have are just pathetic too, if they truly understood what they had done wrong and actually listened to the fans they would block all purchases in the store and refund the battle pass until they have reworked the system.
Halo 3 and Halo Reach progression systems were great, take a leaf out of their books for a start.

1 Like

I couldn’t agree more. This update has been a disaster

I know they’re not saying I have to, but the fun of the game (of any game) is leveling up. It doesn’t matter how good any game is, if I’m not working toward something I love interest. I bought the battle pass specifically so I would have something to work towards. Now the update is making me play games I don’t want to play just so I can level up? That’s no good. If I’d had known they were going to do this before, I never would have bought the battle pass. So the argument of “they’re not twisting my arm” is just unwarranted and doesn’t make sense in this context

I could not agree more with you! Thank you for your input! I can only hope they hear us here and make some adjustments ASAP!

1 Like