Not a digital download...update is taking forever!

Ok just bought this xbox one first thing i put in is halo5 it’s the reason I got the new Xbox One. The update has been lagging along since7am is 3pm and I’m at 40%??? Why?? It’s not the digital down load I bought the physical copy as to avoid this problem. Does anyone know why? I’ve even cancelled and restarted it. Reset the Xbox checked internet??? Ahhhhh!!

Halo 5 has gotten many updates in the 2+ years it’s been out. The total space the game now takes is somewhere around 100 GB. Even if you have the base version on disk, that’s only about 40 GB; the rest needs to be downloaded from the internet. It’s a large update, so it’s going to go slowly. Just need to be patient.

Noting also -

If you’re trying to install on wireless connection, that will take much longer. Recommend connecting your Xbox One to your internet source via ethernet cable for best results.

Yeah I was going wireless…24hours later I’m at 94%. Thanks for the Feed back. I was gonna try playing offline but I’m guessing I can’t do that on Xbox One. Idk I literally just got it yesterday and put Halo5 in. Still playing with settings & trying to make it mine.

> 2535429314457970;4:
> Yeah I was going wireless…24hours later I’m at 94%. Thanks for the Feed back. I was gonna try playing offline but I’m guessing I can’t do that on Xbox One. Idk I literally just got it yesterday and put Halo5 in. Still playing with settings & trying to make it mine.

You can play it offline. I’m guessing you’ve already downloaded the update so this is more for future reference. Whenever you put a disc in for a game that has an update available, a message will pop up asking if you want to update the game. Say no to it and you’ll install only the files on the disc.

Word of warning though, games these days are published in unfinished states. So the game on the disc is not always the latest and most stable version to play. Hell, Halo Wars 2 had an update so thorough that 100% of the game had to be downloaded to have the latest version. For Halo 5, the major difference from the disc version and the current version are the weapons and maps. There was a nonsensical set of weapon tunings released back in November which broke the sandbox entirely and made many weapons behave in a totally new and stupid way. Please ask if you’d like further details on all this. There is more info, but I thought I’d give the most important stuff since you mentioned you got your Xbox One recently.