Nostalgia in Halo 4

Wish I saw this vid sooner, but this guy knows what he’s saying. Best advised for you too watch the whole thing first. Only thing I don’t agree with is when he said, “343 isn’t really focused on taking the halo series in a new direction.” I object lol; I believe that 343 is really taking this towards an interesting new direction, regardless of how they have “tried” to cater to Halo 3 nostalgia madness (or any other game in the past trilogy). Some people have just taken it too far when it comes to criticism. Then it just turns into nagging nag nag, which for the most, isn’t that constructive.

Plz watch…

Hey i found that video earlier by searching up a certain…thing about Halo 4 i can’t speak of. You know why. Red letters, angry mods with pitchforks and banhammers. That sort of thing.

It’s a good video and nostalgia can be a double edged blade that can remind a company where they went wrong or how some fanbases just need to get with the program and accept change. However, i disagree with him that Halo 4 is going to be a Halo 3.5. If anything, it’s completely different from anything from the past games (Ordnance drops, Specializations, Spartan OPs, Sprint as a default ability).

Have you seen the the comments of those who see the new features for Halo 4? I can assure you no one is mentioning Halo 3 (more like COD/BF). At all.

Though on a side note, 343 is using Halo 3 as basis for movement and jump height.

> Hey i found that video earlier by searching up a certain…thing about Halo 4 i can’t speak up.
>
>
> It’s a good video and nostalgia can be a double edged blade that can remind a company where they went wrong or how some fanbases just need to get with the program and accept change. However, i disagree with him that Halo 4 is going to be a Halo 3.5. If anything, it’s completely different from anything from the past games (Ordnance drops, Specializations, Spartan OPs, Sprint as a default ability).
>
> Have you seen the the comments of those who see the new features for Halo 4? I can assure you no one is mentioning Halo 3 (more like COD/BF). At all.
>
>
> Though on a side note, 343 is using Halo 3 as basis for movement and jump height.

Agreed. I think he says that solely because of the TU in Reach or responses from 343. As far as when they said Halo 4 will feel more like halo 3 or something along those lines, they meant the movement speed, jump height, and strafe imo. They also said they used Halo CE as a basis for weapons. That may refer to weapon damage…

You should give this a read as it’s relevant too Questioning the ‘vision’ behind Final Fantasy XIII-2

> > Hey i found that video earlier by searching up a certain…thing about Halo 4 i can’t speak up.
> >
> >
> > It’s a good video and nostalgia can be a double edged blade that can remind a company where they went wrong or how some fanbases just need to get with the program and accept change. However, i disagree with him that Halo 4 is going to be a Halo 3.5. If anything, it’s completely different from anything from the past games (Ordnance drops, Specializations, Spartan OPs, Sprint as a default ability).
> >
> > Have you seen the the comments of those who see the new features for Halo 4? I can assure you no one is mentioning Halo 3 (more like COD/BF). At all.
> >
> >
> > Though on a side note, 343 is using Halo 3 as basis for movement and jump height.
>
> Agreed. I think he says that solely because of the TU in Reach or responses from 343. As far as when they said Halo 4 will feel more like halo 3 or something along those lines, they meant the movement speed, jump height, and strafe imo. They also said they used Halo CE as a basis for weapons. That may refer to weapon damage…

The TU was nothing like Halo 3, that’s another reason why i was bit miffed at why he kept throwing out Halo 3 like that. However, i don’t want to bring up old wounds on that argument because that’s all been said and done before about 7000 times. Just look how TU works without bleedthrough and that says enough.

I doubt they’ll bring back the 3 shot kill pistol for this trilogy of games but it means we get a more balanced, sandbox with most, if not all weapons being competitively viable…then by all means keep looking at CE IMO.