Normal enemies should NOT be bullet sponges

Challenge can come from numbers, good enemy a.i, bosses and so on

But why in the heckohell can one normal minor Elite legit take an entire SAW mag to kill. Ive seen Soldiers take nearly full needed clips. Grunts take high numbers of plasma to kill.

Can this change. I know they want team work but its annoying that you need 2 people to kill an elite because it somehow deflects machine gun bullets like its the Warden

Also why does it take one overheat period to kill 50% of enemies with the hog…

It’s scaled based off the number of people in the match. You notice the difference in campaign solo then with friends. creatures take a lot more damage before dying with friends because they are expecting you to focus fire everything and it would be too damn easy if everything died as quick as they do solo Legendary. If you aim for the head you can take out enemies a little faster with the hog too, not sure if that helps you at all.
I personally like the challenge as if you play it like you don’t have a respawn you can get pretty good at getting in cover when you need to, dropping enemies quickly and increasing your overall skill level. /shrug Just my opinion though.

Remember Reach? Where the Elites weren’t idiots who just stood there as you shot them?

No, not really. I remember them mostly standing there and occasionally jumping left or right. Then dying. The only thing that didn’t just stand there and let you shoot them were jackals which for no reason suddenly moved like speedy Gonzalez.

I played a lot of custom firefight in reach (my friend and I made it closer to Halo 3: ODST instead of the arcade crap they put on matchmaking) and they mostly face-check you. I think it might be one of the difficulty skulls that is active that causes that.

> 2533274978553590;3:
> Remember Reach? Where the Elites weren’t idiots who just stood there as you shot them?

And the Jackals would often move and try to flank you rather than snipe you with a needler? Good times.

Totally agree, they are many, they come at waves, they are hard to kill.

Because of the destiny influence. Duh!

> 2533274978553590;3:
> Remember Reach? Where the Elites weren’t idiots who just stood there as you shot them?

You remember the original Halo trilogy where enemy bullets weren’t magnets and you could actually dodge them? :smiley:

They are future warriors with upgraded shields, extended weapon range, and damage. The only question is which Spartans are Spartan enough to shred them.

I agree lower the health add more enemies if needed but don’t make them sponges