Non-Transparent Release Date?

Is it just me or is anyone else genuinely concerned at the lack of an official release date? My heart says that 343 is waiting on fan feedback from the flights later this summer. However, my mind tells me that 343 is not totally done with the campaign side of things in terms of content. What do you all think?

Given the absolute mess and aftermath of Cyberpunk, I’m sure that it’s been decided that H:I will not be released until it’s READY. So, no point giving a hard date if there’s any real chance of having to bump that date back. When it’s clear that it’s ready, they’ll announce a release date.

Not really a sign of issues, IMO.

I do partially agree with the frustration of not having a confirmed deadline, however, I’d rather wait for a fully consolidated experience via feedback from Flighting than have a rushed game not up to par. It won’t be long anyway, only a few months now.

> 2533274960294873;3:
> I do partially agree with the frustration of not having a confirmed deadline, however, I’d rather wait for a fully consolidated experience via feedback from Flighting than have a rushed game not up to par. It won’t be long anyway, only a few months now.

I agree.

I think it’s mainly to have flexibility. With all the other games coming out around the same time they probably don’t want to self compete if any of the other games’ date change. It also helps give them time to emplement more flighting feedback like the others pointed out. I’m 99.9% sure it’ll come out this year based on what I saw in the trailers released this E3. The only thing I have to complain about, so far, is the weird looking shield pop, which should be an easy fix.

I think it’s because they don’t want to be held down by a specific deadline.

> 2533274809541057;2:
> Given the absolute mess and aftermath of Cyberpunk, I’m sure that it’s been decided that H:I will not be released until it’s READY. So, no point giving a hard date if there’s any real chance of having to bump that date back. When it’s clear that it’s ready, they’ll announce a release date.
>
> Not really a sign of issues, IMO.

Very true but they are leaving a lot of things in the dark concerning the steps ahead. I completely understand that they won’t communicate an exact release date but they could have given more clarity in the form of a roadmap for the upcoming months. Now we only know that there will be flights end of summer and the game supposedly is released end of the year, that’s leaving a lot of blank. A part from the fact that not too long ago they semi provoked a release on Halo’s 20th birthday which is apparently already let go…

July, August, October, and November look to be busy months for Microsoft and Xbox. So releasing Halo Infinite in a month where the game would have no competition would be ideal. There is a photograph somewhere where Halo Infinite is shown to be releasing after Forza. Therefore my guess for Infinite releasing would be late November or early December.

> 2535473509360653;8:
> July, August, October, and November look to be busy months for Microsoft and Xbox. So releasing Halo Infinite in a month where the game would have no competition would be ideal. There is a photograph somewhere where Halo Infinite is shown to be releasing after Forza. Therefore my guess for Infinite releasing would be late November or early December.

Late November is the most likely in my book.

Last year the release window was Holiday 2020. This year it’s Holiday 2021. However, there was an Inside Infinite article this year that stated a fall 2021 release date. So to earlier comment I saw in the thread it’s my hunch 343 wants to be flexible just in case things don’t go as planned.

> 2607664605677189;9:
> > 2535473509360653;8:
> > July, August, October, and November look to be busy months for Microsoft and Xbox. So releasing Halo Infinite in a month where the game would have no competition would be ideal. There is a photograph somewhere where Halo Infinite is shown to be releasing after Forza. Therefore my guess for Infinite releasing would be late November or early December.
>
> Late November is the most likely in my book.

Agreed. Forza is releasing November 9th and although they are not competitors Halo Infinite releasing within six days of Forza would not make sense IMO.

> 2535473509360653;11:
> > 2607664605677189;9:
> > > 2535473509360653;8:
> > > July, August, October, and November look to be busy months for Microsoft and Xbox. So releasing Halo Infinite in a month where the game would have no competition would be ideal. There is a photograph somewhere where Halo Infinite is shown to be releasing after Forza. Therefore my guess for Infinite releasing would be late November or early December.
> >
> > Late November is the most likely in my book.
>
> Agreed. Forza is releasing November 9th and although they are not competitors Halo Infinite releasing within six days of Forza would not make sense IMO.

Yep, a huge number of casual gamers will play both and probably wouldn’t buy both within the same couple of weeks.

My concern stems from the fact the Halo Infinite has up to this point not had a concrete release date. The game finally had a release window with Holiday 2020 at the July event last year. Then the game got delayed. This delay was completely understandable because anyone who has lived through this last year knows why.

However, this past spring one of the Inside Infinite update articles had Joseph Staten saying fall 2021 for the release date. Now 343 industries is saying Holiday 2021. This lack of transparency and commitment to official release date concerns me. The lack of an official release date tells me that there is an outside chance that 1**.) Halo gets delayed AGAIN (have to say it) or 2.) Halo launches this year but at the very very end of the end**.

Do you all think Halo Infinite releases in November or December due to the mention of Holiday 2021 and IF Halo Infinite releases in November does the game released right after Forza?

I am going to give a bold prediction for the Halo release. I say the game is either going to be released on the official 20th anniversary date (November 15th, 2021) or November 24th.

> 2535473509360653;1:
> Is it just me or is anyone else genuinely concerned at the lack of an official release date? My heart says that 343 is waiting on fan feedback from the flights later this summer. However, my mind tells me that 343 is not totally done with the campaign side of things in terms of content. What do you all think?

They are working on the game and probably don’t want to lock onto a date or they want to strategize around other releases.

I

> 2533274792737987;15:
> > 2535473509360653;1:
> > Is it just me or is anyone else genuinely concerned at the lack of an official release date? My heart says that 343 is waiting on fan feedback from the flights later this summer. However, my mind tells me that 343 is not totally done with the campaign side of things in terms of content. What do you all think?
>
> They are working on the game and probably don’t want to lock onto a date or they want to strategize around other releases.

I get the same feeling to. Outside of September every month from August leading up to December has Xbox exclusive content or cross platform content. On the Xbox graphic release calendar Halo Infinite was slated to r****elease on Holiday 2021 after Forza in November. Forza releases November 9th so that tells me Halo Infinite releases November 9th.

> 2533274792737987;15:
> > 2535473509360653;1:
> > Is it just me or is anyone else genuinely concerned at the lack of an official release date? My heart says that 343 is waiting on fan feedback from the flights later this summer. However, my mind tells me that 343 is not totally done with the campaign side of things in terms of content. What do you all think?
>
> They are working on the game and probably don’t want to lock onto a date or they want to strategize around other releases.

Do you believe Microsoft-Xbox would be bold enough to launch Halo Infinite side by side with the launch of another game? Like a Forza? Like Forza releases on November 9th and Halo Infinite releases November 10th?

> 2535473509360653;16:
> I
>
>
> > 2533274792737987;15:
> > > 2535473509360653;1:
> > > Is it just me or is anyone else genuinely concerned at the lack of an official release date? My heart says that 343 is waiting on fan feedback from the flights later this summer. However, my mind tells me that 343 is not totally done with the campaign side of things in terms of content. What do you all think?
> >
> > They are working on the game and probably don’t want to lock onto a date or they want to strategize around other releases.
>
> I get the same feeling to. Outside of September every month from August leading up to December has Xbox exclusive content or cross platform content. On the Xbox graphic release calendar Halo Infinite was slated to r****elease on Holiday 2021 after Forza in November. Forza releases November 9th so that tells me Halo Infinite releases November 9th.

I honestly think it’s the late September or Halo’s anniversary. If it’s not either of them then they needed more development time and it’s late December.

I’m totally okay with not knowing a release date. I’d rather have it completely finished before it comes out. More games need to take a “When it ready” approach.

I’m fine with no release date, but I feel the least they could’ve done to compensate was offer a better expectation for flight dates. Summer is vague. Tomorrow? September?