Noble Map Pack

343i have stated that all dlc maps are going to be free, every halo reach map pack is free, except noble map pack. Is it ever going to be free?

If the Microsoft team decides to spend more than a few minutes a week trying to fix it, maybe.

> 2535457249630316;1:
> 343i have stated that all dlc maps are going to be free, every halo reach map pack is free, except noble map pack. Is it ever going to be free?

Apparently they’re trying to fix a problem with the Xbox Marketplace, but I’m dubious at how hard they’re trying.

unless they make a playlist for the dlc it won’t matter, i’m wondering if they are doing soft updates for older Halo titles, since Halo 3’s tenth anniversar is near,
Halo 3 will probably be backwards compatible from 360 to ONE soon, it could be a consolation for the lack of a Halo 3 remake, but i’m just a stupid idiot! i don’t know anything!!!
so that’s my guess.

> 2533274816846089;4:
> unless they make a playlist for the dlc it won’t matter, i’m wondering if they are doing soft updates for older Halo titles, since Halo 3’s tenth anniversar is near,
> Halo 3 will probably be backwards compatible from 360 to ONE soon, it could be a consolation for the lack of a Halo 3 remake, but i’m just a stupid idiot! i don’t know anything!!!
> so that’s my guess.

Yes my friend, Halo 3, along with Halo 3 ODST, Halo CE Anniversary and Halo 4 are confirmed to come into the Backwards Compatibility system. However, they will run at 30 FPS.

> 2533274827872218;3:
> > 2535457249630316;1:
> > 343i have stated that all dlc maps are going to be free, every halo reach map pack is free, except noble map pack. Is it ever going to be free?
>
> Apparently they’re trying to fix a problem with the Xbox Marketplace, but I’m dubious at how hard they’re trying.

What kind of problem?

> 2533274816846089;4:
> unless they make a playlist for the dlc it won’t matter, i’m wondering if they are doing soft updates for older Halo titles, since Halo 3’s tenth anniversar is near,
> Halo 3 will probably be backwards compatible from 360 to ONE soon, it could be a consolation for the lack of a Halo 3 remake, but i’m just a stupid idiot! i don’t know anything!!!
> so that’s my guess.

Well, some people enjoy playing alone in the maps and just looking at the environment. I guess that counts a reason.

> 2533274969996599;6:
> > 2533274827872218;3:
> > > 2535457249630316;1:
> > > 343i have stated that all dlc maps are going to be free, every halo reach map pack is free, except noble map pack. Is it ever going to be free?
> >
> > Apparently they’re trying to fix a problem with the Xbox Marketplace, but I’m dubious at how hard they’re trying.
>
> What kind of problem?

There has been no disclosure of what exactly the problem is, but the practical and visible effects of this problem amount to an inability to download the Noble Map Pack for free for anyone.

> 2535407309664657;7:
> > 2533274816846089;4:
> > unless they make a playlist for the dlc it won’t matter, i’m wondering if they are doing soft updates for older Halo titles, since Halo 3’s tenth anniversar is near,
> > Halo 3 will probably be backwards compatible from 360 to ONE soon, it could be a consolation for the lack of a Halo 3 remake, but i’m just a stupid idiot! i don’t know anything!!!
> > so that’s my guess.
>
> Well, some people enjoy playing alone in the maps and just looking at the environment. I guess that counts a reason.

They are great to look at, i do sometimes enter alone just to see them, but it’s dumb that i almost never have an opportunity to use something i paid for, but i keep hoping i will see them in team slayer and btb, six years and waiting.

[just guessing, but could it be a problem with the rights?
i know the rights to halo are with microsoft, but could it be, that somehow bungie can still influence the price of the map pack, since it was made by them? although i don’t think this is the case, thats a possibility i could think of, why the map pack isn’t free yet, although it was announced to be.
but i guess that wouldn’t make to much sense, since the h3 map packs are available for free, but maybe the rights to h3 were managed in a different way.
also i think it’s strange for 343 to keep silent about the map pack not free yet. only thing i’ve seen was a moderator on the forums posting something, but i belive a post by a moderator does not represent 343 in any way and is nothing official, except by keeping the forum clean. (please correct me if i’m wrong)]

never mind. i was corrected in the post below this one

> 2533274793122050;10:
>

Bungie don’t have any influence over the game any more, it’s simply an issue with the Xbox Marketplace that the 343 / XBL team are working on: https://www.reddit.com/r/halo/comments/6n6hs4/halo_community_update_austintatious/dk76ctg/

> 2533274813317074;11:
> > 2533274793122050;10:
> >
>
> Bungie don’t have any influence over the game any more, it’s simply an issue with the Xbox Marketplace that the 343 / XBL team are working on: https://www.reddit.com/r/halo/comments/6n6hs4/halo_community_update_austintatious/dk76ctg/

thanks for correcting. i don’t follow halo on reddit, so i hadn’t seen the reply before.