Noble map pack....for free...?

I was looking at the reach downloads on xbox.com today, and the 3 noble maps could be downloaded for free. Has 343 decided to let more people have the DLC? (might also explain why some DLC is coming up more for me of late)

If this is true, I want my money back.

> If this is true, I want my money back.

Same, but we will get to play the maps more if more people have them.

Out of interest, when did you buy it?

It’s not free.

It was half price along with the Defiant Map pack…

http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/Product/Halo-Reach/66acd000-77fe-1000-9115-d8024d53085b?nosplash=1&DownloadType=GameAddon#LiveZone

^

When I looked at it today, it said FREE. (you had to get each map one at a time though)

is it really free ?

I had 800 Microsoft Points, so since it was priced at 400 each, I bought Noble & Defiant…

Thanks for telling me that it was half priced people :smiley:

If they become free, then make them a required ‘update’ to halo reach.

> If they become free, then make them a required ‘update’ to halo reach.

This.

In a selfish way I hope they are not. I bought the damn map pack 2 days ago!

If they are selling for 400 a piece, then i want $10 back because i buy all dlc on day 1 and it sucks for the people who already bought it.

Really? It was only $10.
I’d be glad that I would actually get to PLAY them now if it was true.

It is really free? i checked and it was not…

> ^
>
> When I looked at it today, it said FREE. (you had to get each map one at a time though)

You probably saw the free trailers.

Honestly at this point, even having paid for both the map packs and bought Halo Anniversary I do wish they were free. At least that way they would come up in matchmaking more often and I would actually get to play them more often.

Ideally they should have pulled an ODST and thrown in all the Reach maps with Anniversary. That might have helped a little at least.

My younger brother wanted to buy those maps when they were on sale. I told him to stay the hell away from them. Waste of money buying them at the moment. Unless you love playing in a playlist of 50 people.

> Honestly at this point, even having paid for both the map packs and bought Halo Anniversary I do wish they were free. At least that way they would come up in matchmaking more often and I would actually get to play them more often.
>
> Ideally they should have pulled an ODST and thrown in all the Reach maps with Anniversary. That might have helped a little at least.
>
> My younger brother wanted to buy those maps when they were on sale. I told him to stay the hell away from them. Waste of money buying them at the moment. Unless you love playing in a playlist of 50 people.

It would certainly invigorate the Reach community if the map packs became free. But IMO the 50% drop was better than nothing.

Microsoft still charges for Halo 3 maps. Don’t be surprised if they keep charging for Noble/Defiant a while. Though, to be fair, they have gone on sale quite a bit.

400 Points still…