No weapon should be better than another.

This isn’t a -Yoink- about the dmr or the boltshot or anything like that. This is a -Yoink- on how some weapons are simply better than others.

Now in the past Halo’s no weapon has ever been the best. Cqb weapons are bad at long range, the splaser required a charge, The needler is useless without the supercombine, anything long ranged was likely to miss. There was no “better” weapons, only the right tool for the right job. Having two power weapons rather than a precision rifle/pistol would screw you over when fighting lots of grunts.

The saw is downright just a better assault rifle. It’s better than the storm rifle and it’s better than the suppressor.

The incinerator cannon is better than the Spartan laser. They function differently, but they’re both supposed to be equal. With the exception of maybe banshees and killing large vehicles at extreme ranges (the extreme minority of the time) the incinerator cannon is the better choice. It does more damage, it’s not a baterry weapon, it has a better blast radius. The projectile speed/charge issue is the only thing that stops it from being completely and undoubtedly better.

The gravity hammer is better than the sword. (except when it comes to audio, griffball just sounds so silly) and the ball is better than both.

Going by primary fire and completely avoiding the secondary, the Plasma pistol is far inferior to the boltshot. The projectiles are both slower and do less damage. surely the bolts should do equal or even more damage to compensate for their speed?

Some weapons are better than others at a specific task, have you even used the plasma pistol on a vehicle? It kicks butt, plus the rocket launcher is supposed to be stronger than other weapons, that’s common knowledge of halo, its always been that way. I think it is silly to demand equal rights for weapons. Fist because you not the Martin Luther King, Jr. of Halo 4. Second because the supreme court has already ruled in brownspartan117 v. board of halo 4 weapons, that the “separate but equal” phrase was nonsense because separate halo 4 weapons are and always will be inherently unequal. Just Somthin I learned in school today :slight_smile:

Correct me if I am wrong, but wasnt the BR the one gun to rule all in H3?

The CE pistol should beat all

owait we have DMR (I prefer BR though)
All weapons have own their purposes

> Correct me if I am wrong, but wasnt the BR the one gun to rule all in H3?

Actually, the I believe the carbine had a faster kill time than the BR in halo 3. Of course, that was back when you had to look/work for other weapons instead of choosing which ones you spawned with or had delivered to you.

There should be a a gun or two that is better than the rest, if only slightly, but they should be weapons that are difficult to master. That is why the DMR is OP, it is better than the rest and not difficult to master.

The notion that there is a chain of “betterness” among the automatic weapons is a little absurd.

-STARTING WEAPONS-
Assault Rifle - Close Range, high damage. Reload is unavoidable.
Storm Rifle - Closer Range, but higher damage, no required reload. It is possible to avoid it overheating EVERY time
Suppressor - Closest Range and Highest damage. Slow bullet velocity. Reload is unavoidable.
-POWER WEAPON-
SAW - With controlled bursts, it can be more accurate than the storm rifle, and more deadly than the Assault Rifle

I have killed many people who were wielding the SAW when I had a Storm Rifle or Suppressor. It is all dependent on player skill, environment, range, etc.

Basically, it’s like you said: The right tool for the right job.

That being said, I would expect the SAW to win the majority of times when fighting someone with the starting automatics because it is in a different class of weapons than the three starters.

Halo always has had clear power weapons, and other weapons throughout the series have danced the line of power weapon and weapon pickup.

-Super Power Weapons-
Binary Rifle - H4
Incinerator Cannon - H4

-Power Weapons-
Sniper Rifle - H1-H4
Rocket Launcher - H1-H4
Beam Rifle - H2,H3,H4
Energy Sword - H2-H4
Gravity Hammer - H3-H4
Plasma Launcher - HR
Spartan Laser - H3-H4
Shotgun - H1-H4
Scattershot - H4
Fuel Rod Gun - H2-H4

-Pseudo Power Weapons-
Focus Rifle - HR
Grenade Launcher - HR
Bruteshot - H2,H3
Concussion Rifle - HR,H4
Sticky Detonator - H4
Railgun - H4
Needler - H4

-Class 2 Weapons-
Sentinel Beam - H2,H3
Needler - H1-HR
Mauler - H3

-Base Class Weapons-
Assault Rifle - H1,H3-H4
Battle Rifle - H2,H3,H4
DMR - HR,H4
Carbine - H2,H3,H4
Needle Rifle - HR
LightRifle - H4
Plasma Repeater - HR
Storm Rifle - H4
Plasma Rifle - H1-HR
Suppressor - H4
Magnum - H1

-Sidearms-
Magnum - H2-H4
SMG - H2,H3
Plasma Pistol - H1-H4
Spiker - H3,HR
Boltshot - H4

Let me know if I missed anything, but yeah.

There has always been a tier system for the weapons. But that doesn’t mean that the higher tier weapons would automatically guarantee victory over someone with a lower tier weapon.

The super power weapons are well balanced with the power weapons
(Rockets have 2 in a mag - IC has 1, slower reload, but bigger blast radius, more damage
Sniper Rifle has 4 bullets in a mag, Binary has 2, slightly slower reload, but 1 shot kill etc)

The only distinction between super power weapons and power weapons is that if two people walk into a room, one with a loaded super power weapon and one with a fully loaded power weapon, the person with the super power weapon is more likely to win in the first magazine.

But that’s why you don’t see them nearly as often!

> > Correct me if I am wrong, but wasnt the BR the one gun to rule all in H3?
>
> Actually, the I believe the carbine had a faster kill time than the BR in halo 3. Of course, that was back when you had to look/work for other weapons instead of choosing which ones you spawned with or had delivered to you.

No the BR was better in halo 3.

I don’t know what the OP is talking about. Every halo games has been about 1 utility weapon that dominates and is effective at all ranges. All the other weapons just compliment it.

Halo CE = Pistol
Halo 2 = BR
Halo 3 = BR
Halo Reach = DMR
Halo 4 = DMR

Each weapon has a specific function as it should be. For example I will use DMR and the BR.

On the map Complex which has long sight lines, the DMR is going to shine more than any other weapon because of its 3x zoom and incredible accuracy.

On the map Shutout (Lock Out Remake) the BR does some serious work because it is made for closer ranged combat.

It just depends on what map and what strategy you want to employ to gain the advantage as to how well any weapon will work for you.