no unzooming?

The game is great don’t get me wrong. I just have a few issues. First issue. Why did 343 decide to change weapon unzooming when shot. This may not seem like a problem but it is.

The sniper rifle is way overpowered. Not the damage, but the ability to stay in zoom while taking damage. Any decent sniper can just dominate even though they are taking constant damage. The same goes for all zoomed weapons. What is the point of using any assault rifle in this game if it doesn’t put the zoomed player into standard hipfire? An assault rifle should be overbearing to a zoomed player at midrange…but it isn’t. I love using my carbine, but no unzoom makes weapons like the dmr and sniper waaaay too easy in my honest opinion.

And don’t say that the aim lift from being shot is enough. Anyone who has a right thumb knows it doesn’t make a big enough difference.

> The game is great don’t get me wrong. I just have a few issues. First issue. Why did 343 decide to change weapon unzooming when shot. This may not seem like a problem but it is.
>
> The sniper rifle is way overpowered. Not the damage, but the ability to stay in zoom while taking damage. Any decent sniper can just dominate even though they are taking constant damage. The same goes for all zoomed weapons. What is the point of using any assault rifle in this game if it doesn’t put the zoomed player into standard hipfire? An assault rifle should be overbearing to a zoomed player at midrange…but it isn’t. I love using my carbine, but no unzoom makes weapons like the dmr and sniper waaaay too easy in my honest opinion.
>
> And don’t say that the aim lift from being shot is enough. Anyone who has a right thumb knows it doesn’t make a big enough difference.

The Aim lift is enough though. Trust me. Keep laying into that sniper or the guy with the DMR and you will keep their reticle off you. I’ve done it, and have it done to me.

Especially frustrating when trying to get a shot with the Binary Rifle.

I don’t like the mechanic in general, since there was nothing wrong with how they’ve done it for a decade. But one thing that just bugs me about It is that it also takes away some of the flash of sniping. I loved the feeling of being un-scoped then still getting that snipe. mmm to satisfying.