No The AR is not OP there’s just not enough….

So every1s been saying the AR is op and I disagree 100% with this statement as of right now the AR is perfect.It is just the gun that is the Meta right now because:

  1. There are not enough precision weapons on the maps to stop players from getting close to you and shutdown players at a range. To fix this 343 needs to add in more precision weapons on the maps
    2) The low aim assist and one of the only precision alternatives (that you are forced to use if it spawns in) the commando being near useless is causing players to just opt in to use the AR as this is much easier to use. In order to fix this aim assist needs to be tweaked to a level where the commando is usable but still lower than H3s to allow Aiming skill gaps in higher levels of competition.
  2. It is way to easy to get beatdowns with the AR and they are very inconsistent as sometimes someone can get a beat down when the persons shields are just below 50%. In order to fix this beatdowns need to be harder to get
    TLDR: It is not the AR that is the problems it is a bunch of faults in other areas that are causing people to use the AR more and more.
    edit: Did any of you guys read the post???

The AR is the problem. It is so easy to use that it is not even satisfying to get a kill with it. Buffing other weapons will reduce ttk which I don’t think anyone wants.

4: Descoped only happens to ranged weapons when it should also happen to smart linked ones, this means ARs can focus on scope and laser you down at long range while you get kicked out of scope, disoriented, and unable to fight back due to precision weapons having a very low unscoped red reticle range.

5: The killtime advantage gained from the Commando and Sidekick is rendered obsolete because of how difficult landing the required “perfect” medal to beat an AR is. Even if you can get the medal 50% of the time, which players much better than you don’t even do, you’ll more consistently beat an AR if you just use an AR.

strong disagree. the commando is good and the BR’s TTK is perfect. the AR should be balanced around them, not the other way around.

> 2535431951485053;1:
> So every1s been saying the AR is op and I disagree 100% with this statement as of right now the AR is perfect.It is just the gun that is the Meta right now because:
> 1) There are not enough precision weapons on the maps to stop players from getting close to you and shutdown players at a range. To fix this 343 needs to add in more precision weapons on the maps 2) The low aim assist and one of the only precision alternatives (that you are forced to use if it spawns in) the commando being near useless is causing players to just opt in to use the AR as this is much easier to use. In order to fix this aim assist needs to be tweaked to a level where the commando is usable but still lower than H3s to allow Aiming skill gaps in higher levels of competition. 3) It is way to easy to get beatdowns with the AR and they are very inconsistent as sometimes someone can get a beat down when the persons shields are just below 50%. In order to fix this beatdowns need to be harder to get TLDR: It is not the AR that is the problems it is a bunch of faults in other areas that are causing people to use the AR more and more.

Below fifty percent it certain a melee kill

I don’t think anyone wants the AR to be nerfed into irrelivance. But it should never be the meta the game revolves around. It doesn’t have a high-variance of killtime between players of different skill levels on purpose, because it’s supposed to be something you can learn the game on. An easy to use weapon for beginners, and something more experienced players can use to “chill” for a second when they feel like they need respite from the heightened focus of more skill based guns.

That means it needs to be effective, but not optimal. And dropping it’s killtime down to about 1.4s would really help with this. It’ll still be a bit faster than the BR, and it’ll still feel like a powerful option for players who aren’t comfortable using the Sidekick or Commando yet. But the Sidekick and Commando will actually feel rewarding to master, as opposed to being risky to even pick up. And the BR will actually have a little wiggle room to stand out in a mid range fight, where it’s pretty much the worst option in the game right now.

> 2533274810177460;6:
> I don’t think anyone wants the AR to be nerfed into irrelivance. But it should never be the meta the game revolves around. It doesn’t have a high-variance of killtime between players of different skill levels on purpose, because it’s supposed to be something you can learn the game on. An easy to use weapon for beginners, and something more experienced players can use to “chill” for a second when they feel like they need respite from the heightened focus of more skill based guns.
>
> That means it needs to be effective, but not optimal. And dropping it’s killtime down to about 1.4s would really help with this. It’ll still be a bit faster than the BR, and it’ll still feel like a powerful option for players who aren’t comfortable using the Sidekick or Commando yet. But the Sidekick and Commando will actually feel rewarding to master, as opposed to being risky to even pick up. And the BR will actually have a little wiggle room to stand out in a mid range fight, where it’s pretty much the worst option in the game right now.

I couldn’t agree more. What’s the point of another automatic weapon in the commando if the standard AR is just as capable or more for the average player. Why even pick it up? Sure if you perfect it then you will win, but it’s high recoil muddies that from happening all of the time.

The AR needs to get nerfed I was a level 50 in halo 3. The halo infinite AR can literally tear down shields and kill people from across the map accurately more so than even precision weapons! Precision weapons cannot even compete because they don’t shoot fast enough like the BR historically the AR has been a close-range mid-range weapon with a spread that can be controlled

> 2533274825006669;7:
> > 2533274810177460;6:
> > I don’t think anyone wants the AR to be nerfed into irrelivance. But it should never be the meta the game revolves around. It doesn’t have a high-variance of killtime between players of different skill levels on purpose, because it’s supposed to be something you can learn the game on. An easy to use weapon for beginners, and something more experienced players can use to “chill” for a second when they feel like they need respite from the heightened focus of more skill based guns.
> >
> > That means it needs to be effective, but not optimal. And dropping it’s killtime down to about 1.4s would really help with this. It’ll still be a bit faster than the BR, and it’ll still feel like a powerful option for players who aren’t comfortable using the Sidekick or Commando yet. But the Sidekick and Commando will actually feel rewarding to master, as opposed to being risky to even pick up. And the BR will actually have a little wiggle room to stand out in a mid range fight, where it’s pretty much the worst option in the game right now.
>
> I couldn’t agree more. What’s the point of another automatic weapon in the commando if the standard AR is just as capable or more for the average player. Why even pick it up? Sure if you perfect it then you will win, but it’s high recoil muddies that from happening all of the time.

I find it’s less the recoil and more the unforgiving bullet magnetism. The AR’s huge reticle guarantees it’s going to land the shots you put out. The Commando has one of, if not the smallest reticle a non-sniper weapon in Halo has ever had. The bullet magnetism cone is so small and being off center by just a little bit will cause a miss. The BR is much easier to land hits with than the Commando is, which is one reason I’m totally fine with the Commando’s TTK being nearly half a second faster than it.

It needs to be nerfed. Not in damage but in accuracy. If it isn’t I’ll grow tired of this gameplay pretty quickly. Constant long range spraying has never been the type of game Halo is.

Remove ADS/at least remove the accuracy benefits of it. And maybe make the reticle a little bigger.

I don’t know who in their right mind would want the AR to be meta. It’s in no way satisfying to use, and the skill cap is unbelievably low. In no way would the AR being meta be good for Halo in the long run.

> 2533274820483063;2:
> The AR is the problem. It is so easy to use that it is not even satisfying to get a kill with it. Buffing other weapons will reduce ttk which I don’t think anyone wants.

Wait what I never said to buff the other weapons???

> 2535431951485053;12:
> > 2533274820483063;2:
> > The AR is the problem. It is so easy to use that it is not even satisfying to get a kill with it. Buffing other weapons will reduce ttk which I don’t think anyone wants.
>
> Wait what I never said to buff the other weapons???

Adding more precision weapons will not effect the AR. A buff to aim assist or bullet magnetism would essentially buff precision weapons.

> 2533274820483063;13:
> > 2535431951485053;12:
> > > 2533274820483063;2:
> > > The AR is the problem. It is so easy to use that it is not even satisfying to get a kill with it. Buffing other weapons will reduce ttk which I don’t think anyone wants.
> >
> > Wait what I never said to buff the other weapons???
>
> Adding more precision weapons will not effect the AR. A buff to aim assist or bullet magnetism would essentially buff precision weapons.

Yes it would because of more people have BRs they could easily shutdown a AR from a range before it even gets close. And buffing aim assist would technically buff all guns.

> 2533274953195665;4:
> strong disagree. the commando is good and the BR’s TTK is perfect. the AR should be balanced around them, not the other way around.

On controller it’s basically useless because of how hard it is to aim and I’ve hit onyx and champ in H5 and I can barely aim the thing to save my life

> 2535431951485053;15:
> > 2533274953195665;4:
> > strong disagree. the commando is good and the BR’s TTK is perfect. the AR should be balanced around them, not the other way around.
>
> On controller it’s basically useless because of how hard it is to aim and I’ve hit onyx and champ in H5 and I can barely aim the thing to save my life

yeah, controller aiming as a whole seems to suck right now.

The AR outshines every other close quarters weapon in the game with the exception of the needler. I’m sorry but anyone that says the AR isn’t overpowered is delusional. Seriously when was the last time you saw anyone get a crazy spree or multkill with a close quarters power weapon. It’s because even if you get a kill or two with one of them you’re probably at death door form fighting AR wielders , again these are POWER weapons I’m talking about, the AR sucks the power right out of them

> 2533274804444431;17:
> The AR outshines every other close quarters weapon in the game with the exception of the needler. I’m sorry but anyone that says the AR isn’t overpowered is delusional. Seriously when was the last time you saw anyone get a crazy spree or multkill with a close quarters power weapon. It’s because even if you get a kill or two with one of them you’re probably at death door form fighting AR wielders , again these are POWER weapons I’m talking about, the AR sucks the power right out of them

It’s not like there are that many good close range weapons to begin with to outshine the AR to begin. The OG shotgun is gone replaced with the bulldog which is harder to use there is no SMG or other fasterer shooting gun similar to the AR since they have all been removed. People just use the AR more because there are not a enough precision weapons on the map to fight from far away with to shutdown the AR with. There is nothing to shutdown the AR from close or long range. On top of that the players playing rn are just better players that can do more damage to someone even if they have power weapon.

Well yes the fact that most close quarters weapons are useless is a big problem if I have a heatwave or a shotgun or a gravhammer I shouldn’t be worried about pushing someone who just has an AR. As the game is now you have to rely ton getting the drop on people to get kills with these guns. Even when you do have a procession weapon the AR is still nuts, they may not be able kill you but they could still melt your shields from a ridiculously long distance.

They’ve made the AR into a precision weapon.