No Strat

Build tons of Grunts/Marines rush base and win. Base Defenses are useless and not worth the cost in the beginning of the game. This causes there to be no real way to outsmart your opponent by trying to tech up first or if you do you are so out numbered you don’t stand a chance. Reduce cost of defenses or make them devastating to early game units. Oh and it would be nice if they would just fly in and not take half an hour to build.

??? turrets are good :wink:

A patch came out on Monday that changed this.

> 2533274821521504;3:
> A patch came out on Monday that changed this.

It made the Grunt rush a little stronger actually, atleast it feels stronger now

There is sadly no way around rushers, you either get them or you don’t.

Turrets are nearly worthless early in game, as well as later in the game.

> 2533274806679134;6:
> Turrets are nearly worthless early in game, as well as later in the game.

Turrets mixed with units has repelled my rushes before, eventually I start losing troops faster than I can replace them and my flood becomes a weak trickle. Had a game with a forge where we both decimated each other’s army multiple times, he held me off mid map by timing his scatter bomb as soon as he saw my glasing beam, yeah that killed both our armies. Rebuilt, dodged my grunts out of the scatter bomb, glased some of his army, pushed to his base and did some dmg until being forced to back off by the turrets, once again no survivors on either side, finally won 15 minutes in after mixing some locusts into my grunts, avoided his scatter bomb again, took out his troops from range, than his turrets and finally his base. Wouldn’t say those turrets were useless they dragged that game out

> 2535409667759808;7:
> > 2533274806679134;6:
> > Turrets are nearly worthless early in game, as well as later in the game.
>
> Turrets mixed with units has repelled my rushes before, eventually I start losing troops faster than I can replace them and my flood becomes a weak trickle. Had a game with a forge where we both decimated each other’s army multiple times, he held me off mid map by timing his scatter bomb as soon as he saw my glasing beam, yeah that killed both our armies. Rebuilt, dodged my grunts out of the scatter bomb, glased some of his army, pushed to his base and did some dmg until being forced to back off by the turrets, once again no survivors on either side, finally won 15 minutes in after mixing some locusts into my grunts, avoided his scatter bomb again, took out his troops from range, than his turrets and finally his base. Wouldn’t say those turrets were useless they dragged that game out

I can certainly see that. I have had turrets save me a few times. But, they are slightly under powered in my opinion

they need to make grunt rushes weakers and marine also

at the moment each game like that

and don’t get me started with leader powers how early they unlock and how annoying they are

Don’t cry wolf. If you guys keep calling everything OP, CA will never stop patching. As a consequence, the metagame will never stabilize.

There is really no reason to not be prepared 3 or 4 minutes in. Even if u have no intentions of rushing, build an army early or grunts or marines. Put turrets on your base. Don’t try to expand too early or just sit on your hands waiting for 1000 resources to bmeet tech 2 then build.

I start out with supply pad, upgrade it. Then power. Then supply pad, upgrade it. Then another supply pad. Finally with 509 resources, another generator. By this time I also have a mini base. With 3 supply pads, I can rack up the supplies needed to build turrets. I can also pump out marines/grunts from main base almond mini base. At the mini base I build almond barracks so I can train infantry to level 1 and get some flame throwers. Also, research grenade throw. If someone comes to attack, I got upgraded infantry and turrets. And if they don’t, I send them to opponents base. While they are fighting, I should be close to upgrade to tech 2 and upgrading all my current buildings. Sure my guys may die but it slowed down the enemy or if I get rushed, took out his army.

The key is to have troops. No point sitting on 2,000 blue resources. Just pump out as many units as you can early.

> 2533274830489835;10:
> Don’t cry wolf. If you guys keep calling everything OP, CA will never stop patching. As a consequence, the metagame will never stabilize.

Exactly!!!

Honestly though OP. What if you do exactly what they do, or make snipers or flamers and turrets and stay at your base and defend (turtle)? Then you would fend it off and be ahead of your opponent…

I don’t know what I just read. From people saying turrets are worthless to core infantry being OP. Don’t know what game you guys have been playing.

> 2533274821521504;13:
> I don’t know what I just read. From people saying turrets are worthless to core infantry being OP. Don’t know what game you guys have been playing.

XD the one where mister chief shots allens I’m sure.

Oh, and he doesent afraid of anything either. :stuck_out_tongue:

He seems like a pretty cool guy to me.

Marauders stomp grunts and Marines. 5 minutes is plenty of time to get out 5 Marauders and just those 5 are enough to take out 15 grunts. Couple that with a player being able to get cleansing beam around that time and a banished player should be able to repell that attack.

I’ll be honest, I haven’t lost to a marine or grunt rush/spam since before the patch, and now after it is is no problem. I’m sorry to say but you’re just going to need to learn how to counter it.

I find turrets quite helpful honestly. 3 base turrets and a turret drop has repelled most infantry rushes I’ve encountered since the patch. Kinsano jack rabbit rush is a little more tricky, but manageable.

> 2535471149170617;15:
> Marauders stomp grunts and Marines. 5 minutes is plenty of time to get out 5 Marauders and just those 5 are enough to take out 15 grunts. Couple that with a player being able to get cleansing beam around that time and a banished player should be able to repell that attack.

Marauders? You need more than 5 dude, by the time you have them I have 40 pack brother grunts. Maybe you kill 15 if you are lucky, but what about the other 25. And remember for the first part of the battle I replace them almost as fast I lose them. Don’t forget I also have glasing beam. Yes you can repel the attack but it is not as easy as you claim

> 2535409667759808;18:
> > 2535471149170617;15:
> > Marauders stomp grunts and Marines. 5 minutes is plenty of time to get out 5 Marauders and just those 5 are enough to take out 15 grunts. Couple that with a player being able to get cleansing beam around that time and a banished player should be able to repell that attack.
>
> Marauders? You need more than 5 dude, by the time you have them I have 40 pack brother grunts. Maybe you kill 15 if you are lucky, but what about the other 25. And remember for the first part of the battle I replace them almost as fast I lose them. Don’t forget I also have glasing beam. Yes you can repel the attack but it is not as easy as you claim

Then I upgrade my Marauders to tech 2 and pump out another 5… or I can build JumpBrutes and have them jump into you army, stun maybe half of them and then pick you apart from there.

Btw, no way in hell that you can get 40 grunts let alone pack brother in 5 minutes. Stahp it… That’s 7-8 minutes at the least.

> 2535471149170617;19:
> > 2535409667759808;18:
> > > 2535471149170617;15:
> > > Marauders stomp grunts and Marines. 5 minutes is plenty of time to get out 5 Marauders and just those 5 are enough to take out 15 grunts. Couple that with a player being able to get cleansing beam around that time and a banished player should be able to repell that attack.
> >
> > Marauders? You need more than 5 dude, by the time you have them I have 40 pack brother grunts. Maybe you kill 15 if you are lucky, but what about the other 25. And remember for the first part of the battle I replace them almost as fast I lose them. Don’t forget I also have glasing beam. Yes you can repel the attack but it is not as easy as you claim
>
> Then I upgrade my Marauders to tech 2 and pump out another 5… or I can build JumpBrutes and have them jump into you army, stun maybe half of them and then pick you apart from there.
>
> Btw, no way in hell that you can get 40 grunts let alone pack brother in 5 minutes. Stahp it… That’s 7-8 minutes at the least.

6 actually