No Sprint Please

Pretty sure its 3% movement increase from sprinting so its basically pointless to do you barely move any faster so dont know why you are complaining to be honest as its the best thing they have done to sprint since adding it

2 Likes

Choosing speed has always had a downside. It’s what determines strafe, your jump distance, whether or not you are visible on radar etc. Putting your gun down for a sprinting animation is a detriment to gameplay. In the old halos, you were sprinting all along.

1 Like

Why should spartan be unable to Sprint? It’s even in the books. When smth should be removed than the grapple hook which is fun but is against every physical law…

1 Like

And that’s where you’re wrong kiddo lol

2 Likes

By that logic spartan 2’s are better than spartan 4’s because they are sprinting and shooting at the same time.

As long as what 343 implements things that don’t break the basis of Halo, which is everyone starts out on equal footing, I’m fine with anything they want to add. Sprint is inherently designed to create a trade off. You can run faster but it’s gonna leave you vulnerable since you can’t shoot, but it also allows for someone to have a chance of escape. It’s the same thing that thrusters did in Halo 5. It gave you an escape that you normally wouldn’t have without it. Sprint more than likely isn’t going anywhere and there’s nothing wrong with that.

I doubt they’d remove sprint, it’s a core part of what makes this iteration feel more like a modern shooter and far more dynamic than previous iterations (in my opinion).

A cool idea and suitable placation for all who for some reason hate optionally moving a little faster would be a classic playlist where it and other things are disabled for a more ‘purist’ experience.

1 Like

Another 10 years of “My aim isn’t bad, he just was moving too fast” even though Infinite’s sprint is the slowest sprint ever, it’s basically extra walk, but without shooting. Don’t like it? Don’t use it. You’re really not moving that much faster, and walking lets you shoot first when you see someone else sprinting.

2 Likes

Theyve done “classic” playlists in halo 5. They were dead…like completely within 48 hrs.

1 Like

I feel like sprint is pretty balanced in this game. It’s really not much of a speed boost and it makes you show up on radar or lose camo etc. It’s a risk vs reward ability now rather than just being a game breaking mobility feature. It’s best use is setting up slides for movement tricks etc

1 Like

This community is mostly Reach sheep now so they think sprint in Halo is perfectly normal. To add to your point, I played a custom game with bots. No sprint/clamber and 110% movespeed/jump height. It felt more Halo than Halo 3. Even the COD maps like Streets played well.

The problem with sprint has always been the inability to 1v1 in a 4v4. If you out BR someone, you’re rewarded with his teammate sprinting up to you for that finishing melee. Halo games have been punishing skill since 3.

1 Like

Wow, imagine seeing fans of classic Halo playstyle on a game series called…oh I don’t know, -Yoink- HALO? Absolute shocker…

Furthermore, imagining calling people “purists” in a negative sense because they like the way something originally played.

5 Likes

Those games still exist. It’s called MCC.

I say this as someone who’s been playing for a very long time.

You mean that unsupported husk? It actually still amazes me how the MCC population was unblemished by Infinite’s release. 12,000 on the weekends before Infinite, 12,000 after. People do want to play Halo, just a properly supported one.

1 Like

just stop dude. there’s nothing wrong with it. most of the arguments are straw man or hyperbole. the game is fine with it.

1 Like

Sprint is a core FPS mechanic with a mechanical trade-off. You’re trading away your attack power for a temporary boost to movement. It’s a decision tree, and it’s good for gameplay. Sprint is something that has been missing from Halo multiplayer for a long time. It needs to stay.

1 Like

I just explained what was wrong with it.

Sprint is something that belongs in low time to kill games like COD. You literally can’t 1v1 BR with it.

1 Like

Sprint is a core mechanic that belongs in all FPS games. TTK doesn’t matter.

Are you saying that you can’t 1v1 BR if sprint exists? Because you can. That’s basically what the entire ranked queue is doing.

4 Likes

Dont care
(stupid 20 character requirement)