[No spoiler] Lets talk ai

Im not sure if I can talk about this but anyway.

After watching ign play the first mission on legendary yeah I still believe they need some work though I’m not sure how much work that will take. They do a lot of damage but their not aggressive enough. Like he was standing behind a crate and a promethian knight just looked at him and didn’t shoot and once he killed that knight another one jumped up and did the same thing… 343 honestly you seriously need to do something about the ai. I’ve seen it in war zone and now this. Also to add the enemies in legendary needs to take more shots to kill, granted some did take more shots to kill but at some points it wasn’t noticeable. Note this is just with ai teammates, I could just imagine co op campaign.

Also I know that’s the first mission and all but heroic should have more enemies in than normal and legendary should have more enemies than heroic. I don’t know what the other levels played like on legendary since they were only allowed to show the first 3 missions.

I hope the day 1 patch or some other patch fixes the ai because right now they’re kind of ridiculous.

I’m going to sit right here on my throne of smug and unwarranted self importance, eyes full of glee and smiling insufferably, because I’ve been calling this all along.

I was watching as well and it looked VERY easy compared to older games.

> 2533274823519895;2:
> I’m going to sit right here on my throne of smug and unwarranted self importance, eyes full of glee and smiling insufferably, because I’ve been calling this all along.
>
> 8)

I noticed it ever since the first war zone video and its honestly something that should of taken the most importance. I have a feeling they can still fix them but it needs to happen ASAP

> 2533274793616507;3:
> I was watching as well and it looked VERY easy compared to older games.

At first I thought it was going to be hard because of ign I mean the dude died heavily on normal. That wasn’t the case the ai need to be reworked

> 2533274874192460;5:
> > 2533274793616507;3:
> > I was watching as well and it looked VERY easy compared to older games.
>
>
> At first I thought it was going to be hard because of ign I mean the dude died heavily on normal. That wasn’t the case the ai need to be reworked

I guess if nothing else we have skulls to turn them into bullet sponges if we feel so inclined. And maybe it’ll be addressed in a day one patch. Kinda getting nervous about that though.

> 2533274823519895;6:
> > 2533274874192460;5:
> > > 2533274793616507;3:
> > > I was watching as well and it looked VERY easy compared to older games.
> >
> >
> > At first I thought it was going to be hard because of ign I mean the dude died heavily on normal. That wasn’t the case the ai need to be reworked
>
>
> I guess if nothing else we have skulls to turn them into bullet sponges if we feel so inclined. And maybe it’ll be addressed in a day one patch. Kinda getting nervous about that though.

I hope it will, either in the day one patch or a patch very soon after it. I don’t get it the halo 4 ai seemed more numerous and aggressive. But other than that the level design was great, the suprises were great. The ai need top priority now.

well now this has me wanting to hold off on campaign until it’s fixed…

The first mission is typically the easiest, hoping for a patch to fix it seems unrealistic this close to launch. Halo 4 was definitely the easiest legendary solo run for me on MCC so I’m not that surprised. Hopefully its just first mission easing people in to the new mechanics and stuff.

> 2533274961579910;8:
> well now this has me wanting to hold off on campaign until it’s fixed…

I mean it was just the first mission but even so yeah something needs to be done.

In a video I saw of the Enemy Lines mission where they take down the Kraken, there were enemy banshees that flew into the Kraken and got stuck. Just sitting there, not moving with their nose stuck.

It happened to an enemy banshee in the blue team mission too- banshees stuck on a wall like a fly on one of those fly trap strips.

^dat next-gen AI, doe lol

I noticed the AI looked shoddy in all of the campaign footage released so far. Theres times where the enemy seems really slow to turn, react or shoot at you. They just stand there dumbfounded.

> 2533274866682248;11:
> AI isn’t gonna be much different from past games.
>
> In the Enemy Lines mission where they take down the Kraken, there were enemy banshees that flew into the Kraken and got stuck. Just sitting there, not moving with their nose stuck.
>
> It happened to an enemy banshee in the blue team mission too- banshees stuck on a wall.
>
> ^dat next-gen AI, doe lol

Yeah, makes me wonder if 343 used the cloud to make ai. I’m still a bit skeptical on the whole cloud thing but if crackdown uses it to allow you to destroy every freaking building in sight i can believe that it’s possible that it can be used to make smarter ai for enemies.

> 2533274874192460;13:
> > 2533274866682248;11:
> > AI isn’t gonna be much different from past games.
> >
> > In the Enemy Lines mission where they take down the Kraken, there were enemy banshees that flew into the Kraken and got stuck. Just sitting there, not moving with their nose stuck.
> >
> > It happened to an enemy banshee in the blue team mission too- banshees stuck on a wall.
> >
> > ^dat next-gen AI, doe lol
>
>
> Yeah, makes me wonder if 343 used the cloud to make ai. I’m still a bit skeptical on the whole cloud thing but if crackdown uses it to allow you to destroy every freaking building in sight it’s possible it can be used to make smarter ai for enemies.

You know, you just might be onto something; if enemies take a second or so to react to your presence, that could point to the latency inherent to cloud computing.

What happened to this?

The AI were a lot more aggressive here.

> 2533274872578239;15:
> What happened to this?
>
> The AI is a lot more aggressive here.

That’s the second mission, they did play on legendary but I clicked out of it at the cutscene. But when he played that map on normal he did die alot. It could of been his lack of skill though you know how game review site gamers play…

> 2533274874192460;16:
> > 2533274872578239;15:
> > What happened to this?
> >
> > The AI is a lot more aggressive here.
>
>
> That’s the second mission, they did play on legendary but I clicked out of it at the cutscene. But when he played that map on normal he did die alot. It could of been his lack of skill though you know how game review site gamers play…

Well, watching the stream, they played the second mission, too. It looked just as easy. The whole “How hard is Halo 5 on Legendary” video was a huge gimmick. Lol. You could see he was purposely dying, or just really sucked.

> 2533274793616507;17:
> > 2533274874192460;16:
> > > 2533274872578239;15:
> > > What happened to this?
> > >
> > > The AI is a lot more aggressive here.
> >
> >
> > That’s the second mission, they did play on legendary but I clicked out of it at the cutscene. But when he played that map on normal he did die alot. It could of been his lack of skill though you know how game review site gamers play…
>
>
> Well, watching the stream, they played the second mission, too. It looked just as easy. The whole “How hard is Halo 5 on Legendary” video was a huge gimmick. Lol. You could see he was purposely dying, or just really sucked.

Hmm, guess next time they should do some very thorough studying on how to make good ai enemies. That or look at the cloud.

I’m watching RUL’s stream on Heroic. The AI are heaps more aggressive, and they now know how to use their guns :smiley:

All the videos I’ve seen, the AI has looked pretty good. Obviously there is glitches ever now and then but looks solid IMO