No Spartan Ops/ Firefight/ Whatever in Halo 5

After seeing how quite a bit of people are disappointed with Spartan Ops, including myself, compared to Firefight, it made me realize something:

Halo 5 would be much better without a Spartan Ops/ Firefight/ Whatever game mode.

All those resources and all that budget could be put into the Campaign, Multiplayer, Theater, and Forge, which desperately needs help, instead.

Think about it seriously. Think about how much better the other core game modes could be, if there weren’t these mostly redundant modes in the games. I mean if you want to play against AI you can play campaign. If you want to play with people you can play co-op campaign online (is that even in Halo 4? I never play that really). If you want to play against people, you can play multiplayer.

It just doesn’t make sense to have these random main modes in the games. They’re just a waste of resources both in development and in the game.

i wouldn’t miss it, and i would much rather have a functional game than another unfinished piece. not going to happen, but a nice thought. +3 internets for you

> i wouldn’t miss it, and i would much rather have a functional game than another unfinished piece. not going to happen, but a nice thought. +3 internets for you

Thanks, glad to hear someone else agrees with me. I mean Firefight was fun, can’t say I care anything about Spartan Ops honestly, but the trade off no one thinks about is the resources taken away from Campaign, Multiplayer, Theater, and Forge.

Theoretically, the rest of Halo 4 could be 20% better if there was no Spartan Ops.

Well, Halo 4 is good, but there are things that need some tweaking.

However, I feel that some sort of survival should be present, Firefight kind of got ruined in Halo: Reach due to all the options, and that made it less about survival and more about just derping around.

I would like something like this but most likely it won’t happen. It would be different from standard survivals.

Anyhow, if the choice was between better overall content and firefight, then I’d choose better content. Spartan Ops has potential, it just needs to be polished on as well.