No sound in remastered cutscenes in Halo 2 PC MCC

Hi everyone,
In Halo 2 on PC I’m getting no sound in remastered cutscenes(classic still seems to have them). I used to have sound before, but ever since I’ve switched to the steam version from the xbox app version (I cancelled games pass) I’ve had no sound in any cutscenes. l’ve been googling this for the past couple hours but I can’t seem to fix this issue. Some posts said it might be due to a save sync issue, but I’ve tried deleting my save data in the steam save files, disabling cloud sync in steam, looking for the save files where the xbox app version would have the, (they aren’t there), and uninstalling and reinstalling halo 2, and uninstalling and reinstalling all of MCC and nada. I don’t get the option to disable any kind of save sync in game either. I’ve also checked to see what sound devices are in my settings, and under sound devices only my headset and tv pop up, and the cutscene doesn’t have sound under either. So I’m at a bit of a loss here. Everything in the sound settings is turned up, and I hear sound in game, just not in remastered cutscenes. Any help would be appreciated.

Hey, I’ve got the exact same issue. Thought I was going crazy for a bit. I use an AV receiver w/ LR fronts and rear surrounds without a center so Initially I thought it was just that, but not even my headset will play sound in the Halo 2 cinematics. Game sound works just fine, and cinematics for Reach and CE have audio as well. Tried reinstalling Halo 2 and no dice there either. Do you also use a receiver by any chance? Or do you use realtek audio manager? I’m starting to suspect that that has something to do with it.

> 2535444114960502;2:
> Hey, I’ve got the exact same issue. Thought I was going crazy for a bit. I use an AV receiver w/ LR fronts and rear surrounds without a center so Initially I thought it was just that, but not even my headset will play sound in the Halo 2 cinematics. Game sound works just fine, and cinematics for Reach and CE have audio as well. Tried reinstalling Halo 2 and no dice there either. Do you also use a receiver by any chance? Or do you use realtek audio manager? I’m starting to suspect that that has something to do with it.

I believe I do use Realtek, though I’m not sure. I’m not using a receiver at present, right now it’s just HDMI through my tv and my usb headset for audio. It doesn’t come out of either channel though sadly.

Same here on xbox and its just h2 if you find solution plz tell me!!

where would we go to bug report/speak to support about this? Or are we already in the right place?

> 2535444114960502;5:
> where would we go to bug report/speak to support about this? Or are we already in the right place?

I sent a bug report about this using this link: https://support.halowaypoint.com/hc/en-us/articles/360036218972-How-to-Submit-a-Ticket
However, it’s been over a week now and I still haven’t heard anything back. If multiple people submit bug reports maybe it will help? Not sure. Really frustrated though…