No social and no split screen

right now halo is the main game i play

but if they dont ad split screens and a social playlist in the next 2-3 months

im thinking about uninstalling the game

Social is coming. You can kiss split screen bye though.

I can’t wait for social playlists. It really sucks when all you’ve got is Warzone, not including assault. But even then, 80% of that time is still a try hard hell. Please come with forge. Forge, please come soon. Please come with forge. Forge, please come soon. Please come with forge. Forge, please come soon.

> 2533274798475455;2:
> Social is coming. You can kiss split screen bye though.

why are they not putting split screen in?

> 2533274837711938;4:
> > 2533274798475455;2:
> > Social is coming. You can kiss split screen bye though.
>
>
> why are they not putting split screen in?

They say the game will break if they add split screen. Which is very poor planning on 343i’s part.

> 2533274837711938;4:
> > 2533274798475455;2:
> > Social is coming. You can kiss split screen bye though.
>
>
> why are they not putting split screen in?

In H4 they couldn’t get split screen to work properly do to it being to intensive on the engine.

H5 is not capable of having 2 people on the same xbox period.

> 2533274857577417;5:
> > 2533274837711938;4:
> > > 2533274798475455;2:
> > > Social is coming. You can kiss split screen bye though.
> >
> >
> > why are they not putting split screen in?
>
>
> They say the game will break if they add split screen. Which is very poor planning on 343i’s part.

that really pisses me off

> 2533274837711938;7:
> > 2533274857577417;5:
> > > 2533274837711938;4:
> > > > 2533274798475455;2:
> > > > Social is coming. You can kiss split screen bye though.
> > >
> > >
> > > why are they not putting split screen in?
> >
> >
> > They say the game will break if they add split screen. Which is very poor planning on 343i’s part.
>
>
> that really pisses me off

trust me, a lot of people feel the same way. What I hated most about this was how 343i handled the news. They kept it quiet until after E3 with a very vague tweet confusing the fans who asked the specific question. They avoided saying “no” for a long time to the question of split screen.

I’m hoping the vast amount of negative feedback they’re getting over the removal of split screen will make them bring it back when they make Halo 6, but I don’t expect it to ever return to be honest.

Unfortunately split screen is probably gone for good in Halo games. I don’t even see many games having split screen anymore which is unfortunate since my wife and myself like to play. We had to pick up a 2nd xbox which is a tough sell for most people.

Social playlists have been confirmed to be on the way.

As for splitscreen how ignorant can you be. Its been known since well before the game came out that it wasn’t going to happen and never will for Halo 5.

> 2533274820921394;9:
> I’m hoping the vast amount of negative feedback they’re getting over the removal of split screen will make them bring it back when they make Halo 6, but I don’t expect it to ever return to be honest.

They have said that it is possible for it to return in Halo 6. The only thing is though that will have to completely rebuild the engine that runs Halo 5 because the engine requires 60 fps to run properly and split-screen would require a drop in the frame rate.

> 2533274867300978;11:
> Social playlists have been confirmed to be on the way.
>
> As for splitscreen how ignorant can you be. Its been known since well before the game came out that it wasn’t going to happen and never will for Halo 5.
>
>
> > 2533274820921394;9:
> > I’m hoping the vast amount of negative feedback they’re getting over the removal of split screen will make them bring it back when they make Halo 6, but I don’t expect it to ever return to be honest.
>
>
> They have said that it is possible for it to return in Halo 6. The only thing is though that will have to completely rebuild the engine that runs Halo 5 because the engine requires 60 fps to run properly and split-screen would require a drop in the frame rate.

I can understand there not being split-screen for multi-player, but there’s no reason they can’t include it for the campaign. In a perfect world, they would bring back Firefight like in ODST or Reach and make that split-screen as well (offline only), but that seems to have been done away with as well. Which is a shame, because split-screen Firefight was some fun stuff.

> 2533274837711938;7:
> > 2533274857577417;5:
> > > 2533274837711938;4:
> > > > 2533274798475455;2:
> > > > Social is coming. You can kiss split screen bye though.
> > >
> > >
> > > why are they not putting split screen in?
> >
> >
> > They say the game will break if they add split screen. Which is very poor planning on 343i’s part.
>
>
> that really pisses me off

They’re not insensitive to the fact that people are disappointed, and they didn’t drop split screen for the purpose of annoying you. What you have is some players who expect Halo to offer split screen, and some players who expect 60fps from a next-gem console. The hardware isn’t capable of satisfying both audiences. This was a no-win for 343 and they ultimately decided that a faster frame rate was of greater benefit to a higher number of players. Life is trade-offs. This is one such example.

To be honest I think it is highly probable that Split Screen returns with the next game. Out of all the unreasonable demands people came up with, this definitely isn’t one and it seems it disappointed the most people, for more than obvious reasons.

I miss Action Sack!

Split screen may return if they don’t attempt to upgrade the current engine and only work for the next 3 years optimizing the h5 engine. If they can get it to be more stable without the intensely obvious drawbacks it may make a return.

But, I can see the huge drawbacks that they put into the game to handle 60 fps and upgraded visuals of this degree.
LOD / Draw distances are only around 10 feet away. Skulls like grunt birthday party aren’t even visible unless the grund is within the 10 foot radius.

Having 2 viewports processing 2 different angles would probably nuke the Xbox.

343i Could’ve added splitscreen to Halo 5 but decided it would strain the engine and would lower frame rates intensively. Therefore they did not add splitscreen.

It’s more like they downgraded the engine for Halo 5.

I bought a new XBox One Halo edition because of my Halo days and really wanted to get back into it with my friends. I dropped allot of cash to get home to find out this game does not support split screen. I almost took the console back, if not for my wife begging me to keep it, it would have been gone. I feel tricked and robbed. This game has always been about playing with my friends when they come over. Now that I am married my wife and I only play 2 play games. So solo play is rare when she is not home. THIS NEEDS A PATCH. I will not be dropping money on Halo 6 if this is more of this same trash. The game is useless to me. Add splitscreen or I am out!

> 2533274794852790;19:
> I bought a new XBox One Halo edition because of my Halo days and really wanted to get back into it with my friends. I dropped allot of cash to get home to find out this game does not support split screen. I almost took the console back, if not for my wife begging me to keep it, it would have been gone. I feel tricked and robbed. This game has always been about playing with my friends when they come over. Now that I am married my wife and I only play 2 play games. So solo play is rare when she is not home. THIS NEEDS A PATCH. I will not be dropping money on Halo 6 if this is more of this same trash. The game is useless to me. Add splitscreen or I am out!

So you are saying that the only games you are splitscreen? EVERY SINGLE GAME YOU OWN HAS SPLIT SCREEN? come on dude. Is it sad its gone? Yes. But most games are this way. Destiny being one of them which still remains a popular game. There are also others.