No server/region select = low population

The update should’ve been the announcement that they are working on a server select. But instead they announced they are working on the same system that got us frustrated in the first place.

I have a friend in Australia and he’s been screwed all of Halo 5 for this and now it seems like it’ll never get better for him at this point.

It’s pretty clear they want to keep this system because there isn’t enough players to warrent a server selection

4 Likes

They’ve literally just hammered the final nail in the coffin for all players outside of America…well done 343i!

All they will achieve from this is force more players outside of America on to US servers…and that is already what we’re seeing here from the EU.

This solution is absolutely idiotic…there isn’t any “middle ground” between the US and EU! There aren’t any magical floating servers in the clouds above the Atlantic Ocean! All you have is EU players being forced to play on US servers…and that’s why we used geo filter in the first place!

Well done 343i…you just killed your game in the EU. RIP Halo Infinite :skull_and_crossbones:

3 Likes

It’s even funnier that they went into full explanation mode as if we don’t already know what’s going on

2 Likes

yeah im aussie here too and experience these issues. Tried out their “fix” and nothing seems to change. Still put me on a 270 ms server. There is nothing different so this game is just really bad and I think im just going to not play this game at all. Its like they think the customers are stupid or something forcing a system that clearly does not work. Yet they still think that they owe us some -Yoink!- explanation as if the customers are stupid or something? This game is outright gonna drop even more players. GGWP 343i.

3 Likes

Killed the game for all players outside of US. Killed the game for MnK players. 343 enjoys killing off their communities.

bUt wHY iS OuR pOpuLaTIoN dECliNIng

4 Likes

yeah i can relate there. I am aussie and kbm. This is probably the worst so im going to leave the game for apex. Sad for such a game to go out with a 500 mil budget and this is what they have to offer us.

2 Likes

Tbh I’d settle for getting onto American servers. Anytime outside peak hours UK time it just tells me there aren’t enough players for certain playlists.

2 Likes

Halo 3 BTB Heavies on MCC is like this. Lag, Desyncs. Crashes. Long matchmaking times. And when you finally get into a match. Often times you’re playing with the same 15 other players you’ve been swapping teams with for the last hour (and you even exited the lobby to find new players but ended up with the same players)

2 Likes

Same players bit is so true. I feel like if I go get a drink and don’t immediately start matchmaking after the game finishes I won’t get a game because those players will all be in a game without me.

No real reason matchmaking should be so slow in a game this size.

1 Like

So an an Aussie, I can say, the update they just released does help….about 20% of the time.

I think the big issue is, why when I play FFA I get an Aussie server at 24ping and then do a ranked game and get 220ping.

I’d prefer to get fast games and higher ping I. Social, and wait the 3-5 min to get a low ping competitive Ranked game.

The alternative is, give us the option, let us set our own priorities. Quickest game with a limit of 100ping, or best connection, with a 5min searching limit, and if those parameters aren’t met then look outdo our preference.
In ranked, I’d happily chooser, <10min search time, <50ping, or socials, <3min and <180ping.

1 Like