No Rush Timer Should Be Added?

Only me that is sick of people rushing in multiplayer games?
I think it would be a good idea to add a no rush timer as a preference when searching for games or for at least to be used in private matches.
In games like supreme commander you could set a time frame which limited the distance players can travel throughout the map from the starting a game.
I think this would be a great addition to halo wars 2 so that players (if desired) could ensure that enemies aren’t just building a load of jackrabbits or warthogs within 10 minutes. I personally think this requires less skill obviously people will have the opinion that this approach is tactical however I don’t think I stand alone with this opinion?

Stronghold had such an option and it was grear depending on the kind of match you wanted.

The problem with it here though is that full strength bases may not be difficult to take down if everyone is starting at late game strength once that timer expires. There would also be no smart resource management because youd be sitting on a ton unable to train units for however long the no rush timer is.

Effectively what you’ll get instead is Forge dumping veteran grizzlies and kodiaks in your backyard, and if they have a cutter supporting then you get pelican gunships and ODST drops on top of that. All of this would be in your face before you could ever respond.

> 2533274830324901;1:
> Only me that is sick of people rushing in multiplayer games?
> I think it would be a good idea to add a no rush timer as a preference when searching for games or for at least to be used in private matches.
> In games like supreme commander you could set a time frame which limited the distance players can travel throughout the map from the starting a game.
> I think this would be a great addition to halo wars 2 so that players (if desired) could ensure that enemies aren’t just building a load of jackrabbits or warthogs within 10 minutes. I personally think this requires less skill obviously people will have the opinion that this approach is tactical however I don’t think I stand alone with this opinion?

I would agree that a playlist where there was an option for this would be nice. Either that or a map, just for a change, where there were barriers which prevented access to bases ‘too early’ - example would be the campaign mission with the energy barriers to get to the cartographer.

That said: in all RTS rushing is a viable strategy. The best way to beat a rush? Scout and counter. Some leader powers are also very useful here (e.g. Shipmaster displacement, glassing beam. Halo Wars is no different to most other RTS in that regard.

> 2533274837767430;2:
> Stronghold had such an option and it was grear depending on the kind of match you wanted.
>
> The problem with it here though is that full strength bases can be difficult to take down if everyone is starting at late game strength once that timer expires. There would also be no smart resource management because youd be sitting on a ton unable to train units for however long the no rush timer is.
>
> Effectively what you’ll get instead is Forge dumping veteran grizzlies and kodiaks in your backyard, and if they have a cutter supporting then you get pelican gunships and ODST drops on top of that. All of this would be in your face before you could ever respond.

People would still be able to build units? The rush timer would only limit the players to be able to move in a set area for a given time.
The full strength bases would be as equally attackable from a players perspective as they would of had the time to build up some units to defend or attack if they need to.

> 2533274874872263;3:
> > 2533274830324901;1:
> > Only me that is sick of people rushing in multiplayer games?
> > I think it would be a good idea to add a no rush timer as a preference when searching for games or for at least to be used in private matches.
> > In games like supreme commander you could set a time frame which limited the distance players can travel throughout the map from the starting a game.
> > I think this would be a great addition to halo wars 2 so that players (if desired) could ensure that enemies aren’t just building a load of jackrabbits or warthogs within 10 minutes. I personally think this requires less skill obviously people will have the opinion that this approach is tactical however I don’t think I stand alone with this opinion?
>
> I would agree that a playlist where there was an option for this would be nice. Either that or a map, just for a change, where there were barriers which prevented access to bases ‘too early’ - example would be the campaign mission with the energy barriers to get to the cartographer.
>
> That said: in all RTS rushing is a viable strategy. The best way to beat a rush? Scout and counter. Some leader powers are also very useful here (e.g. Shipmaster displacement, glassing beam. Halo Wars is no different to most other RTS in that regard.

Yes I understand where your coming from. However I still think the option to add a no rush timer would be a good feature to add. Actually the graphical side of this is already implemented as they could just use the energy walls that surround the starting base at the start of a blitz match

> 2533274830324901;4:
> > 2533274837767430;2:
> > Stronghold had such an option and it was grear depending on the kind of match you wanted.
> >
> > The problem with it here though is that full strength bases can be difficult to take down if everyone is starting at late game strength once that timer expires. There would also be no smart resource management because youd be sitting on a ton unable to train units for however long the no rush timer is.
> >
> > Effectively what you’ll get instead is Forge dumping veteran grizzlies and kodiaks in your backyard, and if they have a cutter supporting then you get pelican gunships and ODST drops on top of that. All of this would be in your face before you could ever respond.
>
> People would still be able to build units? The rush timer would only limit the players to be able to move in a set area for a given time.
> The full strength bases would be as equally attackable from a players perspective as they would of had the time to build up some units to defend or attack if they need to.

You might run into a turtling problem there though where nobody wants to be the one that triggers all the leader abilities and gets left vulnerable without an army for going to draw first blood.

> 2533274837767430;6:
> > 2533274830324901;4:
> > > 2533274837767430;2:
> > > Stronghold had such an option and it was grear depending on the kind of match you wanted.
> > >
> > > The problem with it here though is that full strength bases can be difficult to take down if everyone is starting at late game strength once that timer expires. There would also be no smart resource management because youd be sitting on a ton unable to train units for however long the no rush timer is.
> > >
> > > Effectively what you’ll get instead is Forge dumping veteran grizzlies and kodiaks in your backyard, and if they have a cutter supporting then you get pelican gunships and ODST drops on top of that. All of this would be in your face before you could ever respond.
> >
> > People would still be able to build units? The rush timer would only limit the players to be able to move in a set area for a given time.
> > The full strength bases would be as equally attackable from a players perspective as they would of had the time to build up some units to defend or attack if they need to.
>
> You might run into a turtling problem there though where nobody wants to be the one that triggers all the leader abilities and gets left vulnerable without an army for going to draw first blood.

People could still build units to defend themselves with?

> 2533274830324901;7:
> > 2533274837767430;6:
> > > 2533274830324901;4:
> > > > 2533274837767430;2:
> > > > Stronghold had such an option and it was grear depending on the kind of match you wanted.
> > > >
> > > > The problem with it here though is that full strength bases can be difficult to take down if everyone is starting at late game strength once that timer expires. There would also be no smart resource management because youd be sitting on a ton unable to train units for however long the no rush timer is.
> > > >
> > > > Effectively what you’ll get instead is Forge dumping veteran grizzlies and kodiaks in your backyard, and if they have a cutter supporting then you get pelican gunships and ODST drops on top of that. All of this would be in your face before you could ever respond.
> > >
> > > People would still be able to build units? The rush timer would only limit the players to be able to move in a set area for a given time.
> > > The full strength bases would be as equally attackable from a players perspective as they would of had the time to build up some units to defend or attack if they need to.
> >
> > You might run into a turtling problem there though where nobody wants to be the one that triggers all the leader abilities and gets left vulnerable without an army for going to draw first blood.
>
> People could still build units to defend themselves with?

Sure, but you only have so much army capacity and it may end up like a 4 way stop intersectiom where everybody is waiting for someone to make the first move

> 2533274830324901;7:
> > 2533274837767430;6:
> > > 2533274830324901;4:
> > > > 2533274837767430;2:
> > > > Stronghold had such an option and it was grear depending on the kind of match you wanted.
> > > >
> > > > The problem with it here though is that full strength bases can be difficult to take down if everyone is starting at late game strength once that timer expires. There would also be no smart resource management because youd be sitting on a ton unable to train units for however long the no rush timer is.
> > > >
> > > > Effectively what you’ll get instead is Forge dumping veteran grizzlies and kodiaks in your backyard, and if they have a cutter supporting then you get pelican gunships and ODST drops on top of that. All of this would be in your face before you could ever respond.
> > >
> > > People would still be able to build units? The rush timer would only limit the players to be able to move in a set area for a given time.
> > > The full strength bases would be as equally attackable from a players perspective as they would of had the time to build up some units to defend or attack if they need to.
> >
> > You might run into a turtling problem there though where nobody wants to be the one that triggers all the leader abilities and gets left vulnerable without an army for going to draw first blood.
>
> People could still build units to defend themselves with?

The problem with any form of timer; it’s basically saying “you have x amount of time to build units.” once that’s over why would people not just rush - and then you’re back to square one as anyone who used that time to build/level up might get caught short-handed again. All it would do would be instead of the Hog/Jackrabbit rush we’d get a Tech 2 level rush instead (Hornet/Banshee?).

People still have to learn how to counter rushes - and actually the most effective one is team-work. In 3v3 if all 3 opponents rush one of your tema then move to support them, if all three rush all three of you then make sure you all know which rush you’re countering and have some secondary base-sites lined up in case one person does go down (though again if someone is struggling why not use your leader powers to cover them).

You can also counter-rush, or lock your base down before showing your defensive hand, or use natural choke-points to delay the enemy rush.

Also: if you’re UNSC: Kodiaks can decimate most early game rushes. Find a nice secluded spot within range of your base which the enemy would have to go out of their way to attack and put them in there.

Or people could have different starting-army options like in Blitz? Fewer starting units for your base to already have turrets, or fewer starting supplies for you to have a bigger army to begin with? Make some such options Pro-rush, some anti-rush, etc.

Try some tactics out and see what works.

End of the day: you’ll never get rid of the rush. You’ll also never get rid of some cheesy tactics like triple Condors - just keep up with the scouting so you know what to expect and plan a counter accordingly.

> 2533274874872263;9:
> > 2533274830324901;7:
> > > 2533274837767430;6:
> > > > 2533274830324901;4:
> > > > > 2533274837767430;2:
> > > > > Stronghold had such an option and it was grear depending on the kind of match you wanted.
> > > > >
> > > > > The problem with it here though is that full strength bases can be difficult to take down if everyone is starting at late game strength once that timer expires. There would also be no smart resource management because youd be sitting on a ton unable to train units for however long the no rush timer is.
> > > > >
> > > > > Effectively what you’ll get instead is Forge dumping veteran grizzlies and kodiaks in your backyard, and if they have a cutter supporting then you get pelican gunships and ODST drops on top of that. All of this would be in your face before you could ever respond.
> > > >
> > > > People would still be able to build units? The rush timer would only limit the players to be able to move in a set area for a given time.
> > > > The full strength bases would be as equally attackable from a players perspective as they would of had the time to build up some units to defend or attack if they need to.
> > >
> > > You might run into a turtling problem there though where nobody wants to be the one that triggers all the leader abilities and gets left vulnerable without an army for going to draw first blood.
> >
> > People could still build units to defend themselves with?
>
> The problem with any form of timer; it’s basically saying “you have x amount of time to build units.” once that’s over why would people not just rush - and then you’re back to square one as anyone who used that time to build/level up might get caught short-handed again. All it would do would be instead of the Hog/Jackrabbit rush we’d get a Tech 2 level rush instead (Hornet/Banshee?).
>
> People still have to learn how to counter rushes - and actually the most effective one is team-work. In 3v3 if all 3 opponents rush one of your tema then move to support them, if all three rush all three of you then make sure you all know which rush you’re countering and have some secondary base-sites lined up in case one person does go down (though again if someone is struggling why not use your leader powers to cover them).
>
> You can also counter-rush, or lock your base down before showing your defensive hand, or use natural choke-points to delay the enemy rush.
>
> Also: if you’re UNSC: Kodiaks can decimate most early game rushes. Find a nice secluded spot within range of your base which the enemy would have to go out of their way to attack and put them in there.
>
> Or people could have different starting-army options like in Blitz? Fewer starting units for your base to already have turrets, or fewer starting supplies for you to have a bigger army to begin with? Make some such options Pro-rush, some anti-rush, etc.
>
> Try some tactics out and see what works.
>
> End of the day: you’ll never get rid of the rush. You’ll also never get rid of some cheesy tactics like triple Condors - just keep up with the scouting so you know what to expect and plan a counter accordingly.

Yeah Ive realised when playing as the banished, aslong as I can get turrets and a shield generator working I can usually defend against rushes

They should have a game mode that is catered to the people who want to build up a massive amount of units. It could be set to where as no one can be attacked under 10 minutes, you can scout, but damage can not be inflicted. Now, there is a drawback to this. It would break apart the community and basically make rushing no more in this strategy game. Why you ask? If you search in a normal mode, you know they will be trying to pump units out and attack ASAP, unlike the game mode with the 10 minute no damage initiated. It’s a tough call. Rushing has been a pet of strategy games forever though, and I don’t think it will be leaving. Pumping out units and attaching early is how I was taught and learned to play these games when I was a wee little boy! You have to learn the counter! And as I always tell people, turtle turtle turtle!!!

> 2533274830324901;10:
> > 2533274874872263;9:
> > > 2533274830324901;7:
> > > > 2533274837767430;6:
> > > > > 2533274830324901;4:
> > > > > > 2533274837767430;2:
> > > > > > Stronghold had such an option and it was grear depending on the kind of match you wanted.
> > > > > >
> > > > > > The problem with it here though is that full strength bases can be difficult to take down if everyone is starting at late game strength once that timer expires. There would also be no smart resource management because youd be sitting on a ton unable to train units for however long the no rush timer is.
> > > > > >
> > > > > > Effectively what you’ll get instead is Forge dumping veteran grizzlies and kodiaks in your backyard, and if they have a cutter supporting then you get pelican gunships and ODST drops on top of that. All of this would be in your face before you could ever respond.
> > > > >
> > > > > People would still be able to build units? The rush timer would only limit the players to be able to move in a set area for a given time.
> > > > > The full strength bases would be as equally attackable from a players perspective as they would of had the time to build up some units to defend or attack if they need to.
> > > >
> > > > You might run into a turtling problem there though where nobody wants to be the one that triggers all the leader abilities and gets left vulnerable without an army for going to draw first blood.
> > >
> > > People could still build units to defend themselves with?
> >
> > The problem with any form of timer; it’s basically saying “you have x amount of time to build units.” once that’s over why would people not just rush - and then you’re back to square one as anyone who used that time to build/level up might get caught short-handed again. All it would do would be instead of the Hog/Jackrabbit rush we’d get a Tech 2 level rush instead (Hornet/Banshee?).
> >
> > People still have to learn how to counter rushes - and actually the most effective one is team-work. In 3v3 if all 3 opponents rush one of your tema then move to support them, if all three rush all three of you then make sure you all know which rush you’re countering and have some secondary base-sites lined up in case one person does go down (though again if someone is struggling why not use your leader powers to cover them).
> >
> > You can also counter-rush, or lock your base down before showing your defensive hand, or use natural choke-points to delay the enemy rush.
> >
> > Also: if you’re UNSC: Kodiaks can decimate most early game rushes. Find a nice secluded spot within range of your base which the enemy would have to go out of their way to attack and put them in there.
> >
> > Or people could have different starting-army options like in Blitz? Fewer starting units for your base to already have turrets, or fewer starting supplies for you to have a bigger army to begin with? Make some such options Pro-rush, some anti-rush, etc.
> >
> > Try some tactics out and see what works.
> >
> > End of the day: you’ll never get rid of the rush. You’ll also never get rid of some cheesy tactics like triple Condors - just keep up with the scouting so you know what to expect and plan a counter accordingly.
>
> Yeah Ive realised when playing as the banished, aslong as I can get turrets and a shield generator working I can usually defend against rushes

I’ve also found a very good tactic is to try and force the enemy rush to one specific point: e.g. a base near the centre of the map. You normally have time to get one up with turrets and a few supporting units before they come to attack you.

It can backfire badly as if they see what you’re doing, bypass that base and attack your original one which may well be fairly defenceless in comparison. Like-wise though: you’re in a prime position to counter-rush in that situation and, if your team-mates are awake the enemy can’t usually take over your original base-site.

That said: most people who are building a rush see a base go up near the middle and get drawn to it like moths to a flame.

> 2533274820541653;11:
> They should have a game mode that is catered to the people who want to build up a massive amount of units. It could be set to where as no one can be attacked under 10 minutes, you can scout, but damage can not be inflicted. Now, there is a drawback to this. It would break apart the community and basically make rushing no more in this strategy game. Why you ask? If you search in a normal mode, you know they will be trying to pump units out and attack ASAP, unlike the game mode with the 10 minute no damage initiated. It’s a tough call. Rushing has been a pet of strategy games forever though, and I don’t think it will be leaving. Pumping out units and attaching early is how I was taught and learned to play these games when I was a wee little boy! You have to learn the counter! And as I always tell people, turtle turtle turtle!!!

Isn’t that what rumble is for? I haven’t played it so I could be wrong, but I thought it was supposed to be easier to mass bigger units

> 2533274797833067;13:
> > 2533274820541653;11:
> > They should have a game mode that is catered to the people who want to build up a massive amount of units. It could be set to where as no one can be attacked under 10 minutes, you can scout, but damage can not be inflicted. Now, there is a drawback to this. It would break apart the community and basically make rushing no more in this strategy game. Why you ask? If you search in a normal mode, you know they will be trying to pump units out and attack ASAP, unlike the game mode with the 10 minute no damage initiated. It’s a tough call. Rushing has been a pet of strategy games forever though, and I don’t think it will be leaving. Pumping out units and attaching early is how I was taught and learned to play these games when I was a wee little boy! You have to learn the counter! And as I always tell people, turtle turtle turtle!!!
>
> Isn’t that what rumble is for? I haven’t played it so I could be wrong, but I thought it was supposed to be easier to mass bigger units

Basically, although you can still be rushed. As you can make an army of marines and snipers and rush a base at the beginning. I’m not against rushing as I feel it adds another part of the game and strategic planning.

I don’t like this idea at all.