No rush playlist?

I’m getting rather fed up with being rushed constantly.

I play this game to have a fun time and not to be finished within 5-10 minutes of playing and I get the idea I am not the only one. So perhaps let the rushers rush in their own playlist and let the fun players have fun in another?

Could you try and re-explain what your trying to say. Not sure what you mean. :confused:

General rules of thumb:-Forge anders and brute chieftain have a high chance of rushing. -Rushes are easy to counter -if you are covenant, build shield generators and upgrade your leader -If you are UNSC, build turrets, if a covenant leader is rushing you, lock your base and build 10 flamethrowers-Use your scout, that is what its for after all

*This post has been edited by a moderator. Please state your opinions in a way that is not insulting to your fellow forum goers. Thank you in advance.

> I’m getting rather fed up with being bad and not knowing how to counter rushing. I’m going to go out and complain about a legitimate tactic now, just because I want to spend half an hour building my uber-army and trying to win with it, completely ignoring the fact that those skilled rushers would be able to build my dream army in 10 minutes anyways, so my suggestion is rather moot.

> I will translate it…(Can you stop rushing me because I have no skill in the game and think it is not part of the game.)
>
> Maybe you should go play the campaign so you can take you time playing like a noob, And obviously do not play skirmish with AI because they will rush as well.
>
> Good thread let us see who all the real noobs are that do not like rushing. =)

I do know rushing is a completely valid strategy. It’s just a strategy I don’t like playing against because I’d rather have large armies battling away in a lengthy battle. The only counters against rushing are either rushing yourself or turtling your base with turrets and if possible shield generators.

I’m not saying you are not allowed to rush, but perhaps it would be nice to have a playlist where rushing is prohibited in some way. Maybe it’s possible to disallow players to build any units for the first 5-10 minutes?

Halo Wars was designed for quick games according to the developers. They wanted to make an RTS that didn’t take 25-40 minutes a game. Go play Halo Reach if you are tried of getting rushed because that’s what RTS’s are.

You want to see how high level play works? Go to http://www.youtube.com/BAS1STA

I 100% agree with this.

I think if you rush less than 10.00 minutes you shouldn’t get any points.

This would be a “pro” playlist for Halo wars.

> > I will translate it…(Can you stop rushing me because I have no skill in the game and think it is not part of the game.)
> >
> > Maybe you should go play the campaign so you can take you time playing like a noob, And obviously do not play skirmish with AI because they will rush as well.
> >
> > Good thread let us see who all the real noobs are that do not like rushing. =)
>
> I do know rushing is a completely valid strategy. It’s just a strategy I don’t like playing against because I’d rather have large armies battling away in a lengthy battle. The only counters against rushing are either rushing yourself or turtling your base with turrets and if possible shield generators.
>
> I’m not saying you are not allowed to rush, but perhaps it would be nice to have a playlist where rushing is prohibited in some way. Maybe it’s possible to disallow players to build any units for the first 5-10 minutes?

None would play such.

> I 100% agree with this.
>
> I think if you rush less than 10.00 minutes you shouldn’t get any points.
>
> This would be a “pro” playlist for Halo wars.

This would be the “noob” playlist.

Any pro knows how to use and counter tactics such as harrassment, booming, rushing, etc.

> > > I will translate it…(Can you stop rushing me because I have no skill in the game and think it is not part of the game.)
> > >
> > > Maybe you should go play the campaign so you can take you time playing like a noob, And obviously do not play skirmish with AI because they will rush as well.
> > >
> > > Good thread let us see who all the real noobs are that do not like rushing. =)
> >
> > I do know rushing is a completely valid strategy. It’s just a strategy I don’t like playing against because I’d rather have large armies battling away in a lengthy battle. The only counters against rushing are either rushing yourself or turtling your base with turrets and if possible shield generators.
> >
> > I’m not saying you are not allowed to rush, but perhaps it would be nice to have a playlist where rushing is prohibited in some way. Maybe it’s possible to disallow players to build any units for the first 5-10 minutes?
>
> None would play such.

Because then you can’t make new bases.

> I 100% agree with this.
>
> I think if you rush less than 10.00 minutes you shouldn’t get any points.
>
> This would be a “pro” playlist for Halo wars.

NOT AT ALL lol

There is a maximum of 15 buckets in halo wars matchmaking.
I like long battles with lots of stuff going on around. I like playing deathmatch because things are fast at the begining and rushing isn’t really something big.

> > I will translate it…(Can you stop rushing me because I have no skill in the game and think it is not part of the game.)
> >
> > Maybe you should go play the campaign so you can take you time playing like a noob, And obviously do not play skirmish with AI because they will rush as well.
> >
> > Good thread let us see who all the real noobs are that do not like rushing. =)
>
> I do know rushing is a completely valid strategy. It’s just a strategy I don’t like playing against because I’d rather have large armies battling away in a lengthy battle. The only counters against rushing are either rushing yourself or turtling your base with turrets and if possible shield generators.
>
> I’m not saying you are not allowed to rush, but perhaps it would be nice to have a playlist where rushing is prohibited in some way. Maybe it’s possible to disallow players to build any units for the first 5-10 minutes?

My bad! I am sorry, I took it the wrong way. I am truly sorry. =(

> >
> >
>
>

can you please thoroughly explain to me what the hell you would do on 1 base or even 2, if you could not build units for 10 minutes???

and how could you get reactors/ side pads / hooks on the maps without units?

do you want everyone to just sit at their base, upgrade everything, then make units? sounds like it would be deathmatch after the 10 min waiting period, lol… deathmatch cuts all the upgrading out, which is all you can do in your scenario… why not just play deathmatch? haha.

In 10 min on most maps, I could have a full pop of powerturret, hawks, etc. this would be utterly stupid.

Rushing doesn’t bother me as it usually has little or no effect on my overall stratagey for the match and sometimes it is a neccesity for example just yesturday i was up against a general rank prophet i rushed with 5 gunner hogs, took out his leader and put a stop to his banshee rush before it even started. but he’s simply asking for a separate play-list for those who want longer games, other rts games do it. For example Command and conquer 3 tiberium wars and kanes wrath has a siege mode with variable times before players can attack. varying from 10 mins, to 45 mins. And i must admit starting a game, seeing an anders and just going…oh i’m going to be rushed build defences the oh look what do you know…i was right as about 5mins in a load of warthogs come over the hill, cause a little bit of shrapnel damage to my base then turn into burnt out husks which make my base look untidy. You must admit it gets a little samey when this happens pretty much every match? Though it doesn’t happen as much in 3v3 which is all i ever play these days.

Either way, my point is it wouldn’t be to difficult to patch into halo wars or include in a sequel if there is one (i hope there is)

In C&C it works by having a barrier across the middle of the maps between the player start point which units can’t cross over you could implement a system similar to that, which would still allow people to claim additional bases ect. probably wouldn’t work for all maps.

> Rushing doesn’t bother me as it usually has little or no effect on my overall stratagey for the match and sometimes it is a neccesity for example just yesturday i was up against a general rank prophet i rushed with 5 gunner hogs, took out his leader and put a stop to his banshee rush before it even started. but he’s simply asking for a separate play-list for those who want longer games, other rts games do it. For example Command and conquer 3 tiberium wars and kanes wrath has a siege mode with variable times before players can attack. varying from 10 mins, to 45 mins. And i must admit starting a game, seeing an anders and just going…oh i’m going to be rushed build defences the oh look what do you know…i was right as about 5mins in a load of warthogs come over the hill, cause a little bit of shrapnel damage to my base then turn into burnt out husks which make my base look untidy. You must admit it gets a little samey when this happens pretty much every match? Though it doesn’t happen as much in 3v3 which is all i ever play these days.
>
> Either way, my point is it wouldn’t be to difficult to patch into halo wars or include in a sequel if there is one (i hope there is)
>
> In C&C it works by having a barrier across the middle of the maps between the player start point which units can’t cross over you could implement a system similar to that, which would still allow people to claim additional bases ect. probably wouldn’t work for all maps.

in C&C there is no fixed Economy, or building placement and you can build units in siege mode… he sad no building units for 10 min… if you want to turn halowars into another gamen just play the other game.

> > Rushing doesn’t bother me as it usually has little or no effect on my overall stratagey for the match and sometimes it is a neccesity for example just yesturday i was up against a general rank prophet i rushed with 5 gunner hogs, took out his leader and put a stop to his banshee rush before it even started. but he’s simply asking for a separate play-list for those who want longer games, other rts games do it. For example Command and conquer 3 tiberium wars and kanes wrath has a siege mode with variable times before players can attack. varying from 10 mins, to 45 mins. And i must admit starting a game, seeing an anders and just going…oh i’m going to be rushed build defences the oh look what do you know…i was right as about 5mins in a load of warthogs come over the hill, cause a little bit of shrapnel damage to my base then turn into burnt out husks which make my base look untidy. You must admit it gets a little samey when this happens pretty much every match? Though it doesn’t happen as much in 3v3 which is all i ever play these days.
> >
> > Either way, my point is it wouldn’t be to difficult to patch into halo wars or include in a sequel if there is one (i hope there is)
> >
> > In C&C it works by having a barrier across the middle of the maps between the player start point which units can’t cross over you could implement a system similar to that, which would still allow people to claim additional bases ect. probably wouldn’t work for all maps.
>
> in C&C there is no fixed Economy, or building placement and you can build units in siege mode… he sad no building units for 10 min… if you want to turn halowars into another gamen just play the other game.

I’m not saying the only option is to disable any unit production for the first few minutes. It is also possible, as posted before, to have some kind of barrier on the map which can’t be crossed by any units. Any suggestions to implement this are welcome. If more players want this maybe 343 will give a response on the possibility to implement this.

> > > Rushing doesn’t bother me as it usually has little or no effect on my overall stratagey for the match and sometimes it is a neccesity for example just yesturday i was up against a general rank prophet i rushed with 5 gunner hogs, took out his leader and put a stop to his banshee rush before it even started. but he’s simply asking for a separate play-list for those who want longer games, other rts games do it. For example Command and conquer 3 tiberium wars and kanes wrath has a siege mode with variable times before players can attack. varying from 10 mins, to 45 mins. And i must admit starting a game, seeing an anders and just going…oh i’m going to be rushed build defences the oh look what do you know…i was right as about 5mins in a load of warthogs come over the hill, cause a little bit of shrapnel damage to my base then turn into burnt out husks which make my base look untidy. You must admit it gets a little samey when this happens pretty much every match? Though it doesn’t happen as much in 3v3 which is all i ever play these days.
> > >
> > > Either way, my point is it wouldn’t be to difficult to patch into halo wars or include in a sequel if there is one (i hope there is)
> > >
> > > In C&C it works by having a barrier across the middle of the maps between the player start point which units can’t cross over you could implement a system similar to that, which would still allow people to claim additional bases ect. probably wouldn’t work for all maps.
> >
> > in C&C there is no fixed Economy, or building placement and you can build units in siege mode… he sad no building units for 10 min… if you want to turn halowars into another gamen just play the other game.
>
> I’m not saying the only option is to disable any unit production for the first few minutes. It is also possible, as posted before, to have some kind of barrier on the map which can’t be crossed by any units. Any suggestions to implement this are welcome. If more players want this maybe 343 will give a response on the possibility to implement this.

why would they waste time, creating a new playlist on a 2 year old game, especially when none, AND I MEAN NONE, of the high level players will ever play it. It will never happen.

Its like you are coming on here saying I’m a n00b at this game and can’t stop a simple rush… but instead of asking for help, you want a whole new playlist tailored to your specific needs lol. Learn the game or don’t play it. Until people like you realize that high-level games always include harassment (what you call rushing) throughout the entire game, you will never even break mediocrity. There is no way around it, if you want to be good/beat good people you must be on the attack early on and throughout the game. Honestly, after reading your posts I would classify you as someone to superturtle just for the l0lz

if you don’t know what i mean, the game would go something like this… lets say my team is triple cutter on fort dean as an example, we would all star up spartans and quickly expand to all of our bases, letting you take all of yours as well, but making sure we have the upper hand the whole time. then after about the 10 min mark, we would have the map set up so well defended that you could never do anything. we would just sit their starring up our units on yours playing defense all game until about an hour or two, maybe even 3-4 when you realize you cannot break our turtle and just resign. then after the game we would invite you to our party and pretend that it was the best game ever for a little bit, then just tell you we were messing with you the whole time, then with a hurt ego, your team would say something like if you guys were not 3 cutters we would have won, or we should have won, or something along those lines and we would challenge you to a 3v3 private game with smiles on our faces. the next game would last about 5-10 min, depending on your leader combination and you guys would leave the party after screaming at us for rushing you. these 2 games could be switched around like the rush, then the turtle. either way, if you even want a chance at being close to decent at this game, you must realize that high-level games always include harassment (what you call rushing) throughout the entire game.

> Once you grasp the general concept of high level play instead of the “rushing is bad” philosophy, I can give you further tips. :slight_smile:

> I’m getting rather fed up with being rushed constantly… …let the fun players have fun in another?

I don’t think you can make a playlist for rushers. You yourself indicate that the early-game rushing with non-upgraded units is a valid strategy and I concur. It is just that, a strategy that - when properly executed - is aiming to destroy your opponent as fast as possible, or immobilize him as quickly as possible.

My point is that, while rushing is in fact a valid strategy (and successfully executing a rush certainly requires skill) I find that the most fun comes from lengthy battles that aren’t fought at basespots in the first 5 minutes of the match as well. Any suggestion to improve the fun for a considerable number of players in any game should be welcomed with open arms. Don’t flame Daeron for stepping up.