No req packs

I really do not want 343i to keep microtransactions in Halo Infinite like they were in halo 5.

It’s already been confirmed Infinite will contain some sort of microtransaction. However we don’t know if they will be similar to how REQs were or if it will be a different system entirely.

I think microtransactions arent the problem: real problems are the campaign and gameplay. Talling about microtransactions, they just have to modify the system and to improve it, but, as i know, the cant remove it

> 2533274852660538;2:
> It’s already been confirmed Infinite will contain some sort of microtransaction. However we don’t know if they will be similar to how REQs were or if it will be a different system entirely.

What he said. It’ll probably be improves off of H5’s REQs. Like having specific packs for weapons, vehicles, armor etc so its less random. And to be honest, the req system wasn’t even that bad in H5.

REQ packs are a form of lootbox, plain and simple. 343 has confirmed that Infinite will not have any paid lootboxes, nor will it have lootboxes obtained through a premium currency.

> 2533274817408735;5:
> REQ packs are a form of lootbox, plain and simple. 343 has confirmed that Infinite will not have any paid lootboxes, nor will it have lootboxes obtained through a premium currency.

I’m glad the gaming community as a whole has been shunning lootboxes. They’ll at least have to try a little to get more of our money in the future.

It should be like Halo Reach where xp is a currency and xp.

> 2535451141222221;4:
> > 2533274852660538;2:
> > It’s already been confirmed Infinite will contain some sort of microtransaction. However we don’t know if they will be similar to how REQs were or if it will be a different system entirely.
>
> What he said. It’ll probably be improves off of H5’s REQs. Like having specific packs for weapons, vehicles, armor etc so its less random. And to be honest, the req system wasn’t even that bad in H5.

The REQ system in Halo 5 was terrible, it was an rng loot based system with a pay to win element, and the all of games unlocks were obtained through it. There was nothing earned from simply playing. 343i have stated that Halo Infinite will not have any paid loot crates, I hope there is no rng system either.

I’m sure there’ll be micros, but not like H5 i.e. purchasable loot boxes.

> 2533274817408735;5:
> REQ packs are a form of lootbox, plain and simple. 343 has confirmed that Infinite will not have any paid lootboxes, nor will it have lootboxes obtained through a premium currency.

I don’t want to see lootboxes at all, obtained through a premium currency or not. I’m ok with microtransactions if I know what I’m buying but lootboxes ruins the experiences to who want to spend real money and who just want to unlock stuff playing the game at the same time. So no lootboxes, req packs or whatever you wanna call them, please!

I hope Infinite will not have REQ at all.
I think unlockables based totally on RNG are just an excuse to put the playerbase in a spot where it has 2 options: grind for currency to buy a form of loot box, or just use real money.
I like unlocking things like weapons and customizations, but I don’t like methods based totaly on luck. Let it be a skill based process, or a mix of play time and skill (like play X time and do 3 double kills on Team Slayer list). I think the community would like it more

> 2592250499819446;8:
> > 2535451141222221;4:
> > > 2533274852660538;2:
> > > It’s already been confirmed Infinite will contain some sort of microtransaction. However we don’t know if they will be similar to how REQs were or if it will be a different system entirely.
> >
> > What he said. It’ll probably be improves off of H5’s REQs. Like having specific packs for weapons, vehicles, armor etc so its less random. And to be honest, the req system wasn’t even that bad in H5.
>
> The REQ system in Halo 5 was terrible, it was an rng loot based system with a pay to win element, and the all of games unlocks were obtained through it. There was nothing earned from simply playing. 343i have stated that Halo Infinite will not have any paid loot crates, I hope there is no rng system either.

I have to disagree there; I’ve never paid for a Req pack in my entire career of playing Halo 5 and I’ve gotten just about every weapon, vehicle, and booster available. Armor is the only one giving me a hard time. The way the Req packs were put in play allowed you to get them through a multitude of ways; you can pay for many, you can play and spend Req point currency to buy them, or you can earn them through promotional bits either from celebration (holidays) or commendations.

While the RNG aspect is a bit annoying, it is not simply a thing that can only be earned by coughing up your hard earned cash. You’re falling back to Reach where you just played and played and played and then eventually you were able to buy everything. And that was FINE, but for those grind heavy players, they quickly ran out of things to buy and thus had an overflow of cR just burning a hole in their virtual pockets. I am a Reclaimer in Reach currently, and I have well over a few million cR because I have nothing to spend it on, and I wasn’t nearly as grindy as a lot of players were. There were people who were Inheritor about a few months after the update that added it as the max rank. That was practically year one or two.

A system that makes it so you can just spend in game currency to immediately unlock everything makes things boring for those who spend a lot of time playing. This is a problem 343i will have to find a solution to.

> 2592250499819446;8:
> > 2535451141222221;4:
> > > 2533274852660538;2:
> > > It’s already been confirmed Infinite will contain some sort of microtransaction. However we don’t know if they will be similar to how REQs were or if it will be a different system entirely.
> >
> > What he said. It’ll probably be improves off of H5’s REQs. Like having specific packs for weapons, vehicles, armor etc so its less random. And to be honest, the req system wasn’t even that bad in H5.
>
> The REQ system in Halo 5 was terrible, it was an rng loot based system with a pay to win element, and the all of games unlocks were obtained through it. There was nothing earned from simply playing. 343i have stated that Halo Infinite will not have any paid loot crates, I hope there is no rng system either.

Now that I look back at it yeah. Although they were pay to win, anyone could fight someone with a spnkr. Additionally, they aren’t that hard to earn. Overall though, I’d prefer no paid lootboxes.

> 2533274879757912;12:
> > 2592250499819446;8:
> > > 2535451141222221;4:
> > > > 2533274852660538;2:
> > > > It’s already been confirmed Infinite will contain some sort of microtransaction. However we don’t know if they will be similar to how REQs were or if it will be a different system entirely.
> > >
> > > What he said. It’ll probably be improves off of H5’s REQs. Like having specific packs for weapons, vehicles, armor etc so its less random. And to be honest, the req system wasn’t even that bad in H5.
> >
> > The REQ system in Halo 5 was terrible, it was an rng loot based system with a pay to win element, and the all of games unlocks were obtained through it. There was nothing earned from simply playing. 343i have stated that Halo Infinite will not have any paid loot crates, I hope there is no rng system either.
>
> I have to disagree there; I’ve never paid for a Req pack in my entire career of playing Halo 5 and I’ve gotten just about every weapon, vehicle, and booster available.

Neither have I. However, it’s a fact, the person who buys the req packs has more chances of getting the loot faster, and it’s a fact that everything is obtained through the system. It is a predatory system with one design imo. If Halo Infinite has any rng loot system I’m out. Also, Halo Reach never entered my mind when I was writing my quote. I was falling back to nothing, I was merely giving my opinion on Halo 5 and the invasive req system.

> 2592250499819446;14:
> > 2533274879757912;12:
> > > 2592250499819446;8:
> > > > 2535451141222221;4:
> > > > > 2533274852660538;2:
> > > > > It’s already been confirmed Infinite will contain some sort of microtransaction. However we don’t know if they will be similar to how REQs were or if it will be a different system entirely.
> > > >
> > > > What he said. It’ll probably be improves off of H5’s REQs. Like having specific packs for weapons, vehicles, armor etc so its less random. And to be honest, the req system wasn’t even that bad in H5.
> > >
> > > The REQ system in Halo 5 was terrible, it was an rng loot based system with a pay to win element, and the all of games unlocks were obtained through it. There was nothing earned from simply playing. 343i have stated that Halo Infinite will not have any paid loot crates, I hope there is no rng system either.
> >
> > I have to disagree there; I’ve never paid for a Req pack in my entire career of playing Halo 5 and I’ve gotten just about every weapon, vehicle, and booster available.
>
> Neither have I. However, it’s a fact, the person who buys the req packs has more chances of getting the loot faster, and it’s a fact that everything is obtained through the system. It is a predatory system with one design imo. If Halo Infinite has any rng loot system I’m out. Also, Halo Reach never entered my mind when I was writing my quote. I was falling back to nothing, I was merely giving my opinion on Halo 5 and the invasive req system.

It’s still a choice to buy them or play for them. You are not forced to choke up money unless you absolutely feel the need to have everything faster than most other people. I would agree more if it was harder to come by Req currency to buy the packs or if the only option was to buy them with real money. Microtransactions suck and they do feel like a cash grab, however, not every company takes advantage of their community. You could just as easily get just about everything playing a dedicated schedule as someone who chokes up about $5,000 over their own career of playing.

I’m not saying you have to LIKE the system, you are free to dislike it as much as possible. But so long as there is in fact a clear option to NOT pay real money and just as easily obtain packs by the lot, I don’t see how you can be so upset over something that is 100% optional.

Is it unfair that Ch0kin9H4z4rd has that nice shiny Hannibal Tank while you’re stuck with Troop Hogs? Or HaloChamp18 has a hundred of those Helios Phaetons while you’re stuck with basic Banshees? Of course, but by playing, you can earn those things and feel proud that you waited instead of fishing out your credit card.

> 2533274879757912;15:
> > 2592250499819446;14:
> > > 2533274879757912;12:
> > > > 2592250499819446;8:
> > > > > 2535451141222221;4:
> > > > > > 2533274852660538;2:
> > > > > > It’s already been confirmed Infinite will contain some sort of microtransaction. However we don’t know if they will be similar to how REQs were or if it will be a different system entirely.
> > > > >
> > > > > What he said. It’ll probably be improves off of H5’s REQs. Like having specific packs for weapons, vehicles, armor etc so its less random. And to be honest, the req system wasn’t even that bad in H5.
> > > >
> > > > The REQ system in Halo 5 was terrible, it was an rng loot based system with a pay to win element, and the all of games unlocks were obtained through it. There was nothing earned from simply playing. 343i have stated that Halo Infinite will not have any paid loot crates, I hope there is no rng system either.
> > >
> > > I have to disagree there; I’ve never paid for a Req pack in my entire career of playing Halo 5 and I’ve gotten just about every weapon, vehicle, and booster available.
> >
> > Neither have I. However, it’s a fact, the person who buys the req packs has more chances of getting the loot faster, and it’s a fact that everything is obtained through the system. It is a predatory system with one design imo. If Halo Infinite has any rng loot system I’m out. Also, Halo Reach never entered my mind when I was writing my quote. I was falling back to nothing, I was merely giving my opinion on Halo 5 and the invasive req system.
>
> It’s still a choice to buy them or play for them. You are not forced to choke up money unless you absolutely feel the need to have everything faster than most other people. I would agree more if it was harder to come by Req currency to buy the packs or if the only option was to buy them with real money. Microtransactions suck and they do feel like a cash grab, however, not every company takes advantage of their community. You could just as easily get just about everything playing a dedicated schedule as someone who chokes up about $5,000 over their own career of playing.
>
> I’m not saying you have to LIKE the system, you are free to dislike it as much as possible. But so long as there is in fact a clear option to NOT pay real money and just as easily obtain packs by the lot, I don’t see how you can be so upset over something that is 100% optional.
>
> Is it unfair that Ch0kin9H4z4rd has that nice shiny Hannibal Tank while you’re stuck with Troop Hogs? Or HaloChamp18 has a hundred of those Helios Phaetons while you’re stuck with basic Banshees? Of course, but by playing, you can earn those things and feel proud that you waited instead of fishing out your credit card.

It is a choice, I never said it was not. However, it’s a fact that the player who buys reqs has more chances, and gets things faster than a player who does not. You’re not forced, as you say, but, a player needs Norfangs, they decide to throw cash at reqs, that is paying for the chance to get the edge. Sure, they don’t have to, but my point is they do. Rng loot based reqs need to go, especially ones that contain weapons and vehicles that affect the balance of a match.

> 2592250499819446;16:
> > 2533274879757912;15:
> > > 2592250499819446;14:
> > > > 2533274879757912;12:
> > > > > 2592250499819446;8:
> > > > > > 2535451141222221;4:
> > > > > > > 2533274852660538;2:
> > > > > > > It’s already been confirmed Infinite will contain some sort of microtransaction. However we don’t know if they will be similar to how REQs were or if it will be a different system entirely.
> > > > > >
> > > > > > What he said. It’ll probably be improves off of H5’s REQs. Like having specific packs for weapons, vehicles, armor etc so its less random. And to be honest, the req system wasn’t even that bad in H5.
> > > > >
> > > > > The REQ system in Halo 5 was terrible, it was an rng loot based system with a pay to win element, and the all of games unlocks were obtained through it. There was nothing earned from simply playing. 343i have stated that Halo Infinite will not have any paid loot crates, I hope there is no rng system either.
> > > >
> > > > I have to disagree there; I’ve never paid for a Req pack in my entire career of playing Halo 5 and I’ve gotten just about every weapon, vehicle, and booster available.
> > >
> > > Neither have I. However, it’s a fact, the person who buys the req packs has more chances of getting the loot faster, and it’s a fact that everything is obtained through the system. It is a predatory system with one design imo. If Halo Infinite has any rng loot system I’m out. Also, Halo Reach never entered my mind when I was writing my quote. I was falling back to nothing, I was merely giving my opinion on Halo 5 and the invasive req system.
> >
> > It’s still a choice to buy them or play for them. You are not forced to choke up money unless you absolutely feel the need to have everything faster than most other people. I would agree more if it was harder to come by Req currency to buy the packs or if the only option was to buy them with real money. Microtransactions suck and they do feel like a cash grab, however, not every company takes advantage of their community. You could just as easily get just about everything playing a dedicated schedule as someone who chokes up about $5,000 over their own career of playing.
> >
> > I’m not saying you have to LIKE the system, you are free to dislike it as much as possible. But so long as there is in fact a clear option to NOT pay real money and just as easily obtain packs by the lot, I don’t see how you can be so upset over something that is 100% optional.
> >
> > Is it unfair that Ch0kin9H4z4rd has that nice shiny Hannibal Tank while you’re stuck with Troop Hogs? Or HaloChamp18 has a hundred of those Helios Phaetons while you’re stuck with basic Banshees? Of course, but by playing, you can earn those things and feel proud that you waited instead of fishing out your credit card.
>
> It is a choice, I never said it was not. However, it’s a fact that the player who buys reqs has more chances, and gets things faster than a player who does not. You’re not forced, as you say, but, a player needs Norfangs, they decide to throw cash at reqs, that is paying for the chance to get the edge. Sure, they don’t have to, but my point is they do. Rng loot based reqs need to go, especially ones that contain weapons and vehicles that affect the balance of a match.

Honestly, who cares? Sure, high powered weapons and vehicles are nice, but the weapon is only as powerful as the one who wields it. A sniper in the hands of someone who can’t track is just a waste. A Warthog under the control of someone who can’t drive is just a hog. It is a fact that he who feels the need to spend their cash on intangible items will get things faster. But it’s also a fact that if you’re good enough with what you have, it doesn’t matter if you have a thousand Nornfangs or just 5 Blissful Slumbers. Consider the fact that there are people out there that have sold hundreds of Mythic weapons because they don’t need them. You don’t need high power weapons or vehicles to be effective in the game. They just make it easier to secure high value kills with far less effort than if you had simply chosen to run at them with what you had.

> 2533274879757912;17:
> > 2592250499819446;16:
> > > 2533274879757912;15:
> > > > 2592250499819446;14:
> > > > > 2533274879757912;12:
> > > > > > 2592250499819446;8:
> > > > > > > 2535451141222221;4:
> > > > > > > > 2533274852660538;2:
> > > > > > > > It’s already been confirmed Infinite will contain some sort of microtransaction. However we don’t know if they will be similar to how REQs were or if it will be a different system entirely.
> > > > > > >
> > > > > > > What he said. It’ll probably be improves off of H5’s REQs. Like having specific packs for weapons, vehicles, armor etc so its less random. And to be honest, the req system wasn’t even that bad in H5.
> > > > > >
> > > > > > The REQ system in Halo 5 was terrible, it was an rng loot based system with a pay to win element, and the all of games unlocks were obtained through it. There was nothing earned from simply playing. 343i have stated that Halo Infinite will not have any paid loot crates, I hope there is no rng system either.
> > > > >
> > > > > I have to disagree there; I’ve never paid for a Req pack in my entire career of playing Halo 5 and I’ve gotten just about every weapon, vehicle, and booster available.
> > > >
> > > > Neither have I. However, it’s a fact, the person who buys the req packs has more chances of getting the loot faster, and it’s a fact that everything is obtained through the system. It is a predatory system with one design imo. If Halo Infinite has any rng loot system I’m out. Also, Halo Reach never entered my mind when I was writing my quote. I was falling back to nothing, I was merely giving my opinion on Halo 5 and the invasive req system.
> > >
> > > It’s still a choice to buy them or play for them. You are not forced to choke up money unless you absolutely feel the need to have everything faster than most other people. I would agree more if it was harder to come by Req currency to buy the packs or if the only option was to buy them with real money. Microtransactions suck and they do feel like a cash grab, however, not every company takes advantage of their community. You could just as easily get just about everything playing a dedicated schedule as someone who chokes up about $5,000 over their own career of playing.
> > >
> > > I’m not saying you have to LIKE the system, you are free to dislike it as much as possible. But so long as there is in fact a clear option to NOT pay real money and just as easily obtain packs by the lot, I don’t see how you can be so upset over something that is 100% optional.
> > >
> > > Is it unfair that Ch0kin9H4z4rd has that nice shiny Hannibal Tank while you’re stuck with Troop Hogs? Or HaloChamp18 has a hundred of those Helios Phaetons while you’re stuck with basic Banshees? Of course, but by playing, you can earn those things and feel proud that you waited instead of fishing out your credit card.
> >
> > It is a choice, I never said it was not. However, it’s a fact that the player who buys reqs has more chances, and gets things faster than a player who does not. You’re not forced, as you say, but, a player needs Norfangs, they decide to throw cash at reqs, that is paying for the chance to get the edge. Sure, they don’t have to, but my point is they do. Rng loot based reqs need to go, especially ones that contain weapons and vehicles that affect the balance of a match.
>
> Honestly, who cares? Sure, high powered weapons and vehicles are nice, but the weapon is only as powerful as the one who wields it. A sniper in the hands of someone who can’t track is just a waste. A Warthog under the control of someone who can’t drive is just a hog. It is a fact that he who feels the need to spend their cash on intangible items will get things faster. But it’s also a fact that if you’re good enough with what you have, it doesn’t matter if you have a thousand Nornfangs or just 5 Blissful Slumbers. Consider the fact that there are people out there that have sold hundreds of Mythic weapons because they don’t need them. You don’t need high power weapons or vehicles to be effective in the game. They just make it easier to secure high value kills with far less effort than if you had simply chosen to run at them with what you had.

I care and so do others, it’s our point of view. Again, it’s the fact that a player can buy the chance to get weapons and vehicles that affect the balance of a match, a non skilled player buying it does not change the fact that a bought weapon or vehicle is in the game. Also, I’m willing to bet both skilled and unskilled players are buying reqs.

I understand that; I understand you are frustrated that anyone can have literally everything at the very start of their career. What I would like to know is why it matters. Why does level 1 MartyMcFly having everything bother you? Would someone who is level 152 having everything bother you as well?

> 2533274879757912;19:
> I understand that; I understand you are frustrated that anyone can have literally everything at the very start of their career. What I would like to know is why it matters. Why does level 1 MartyMcFly having everything bother you? Would someone who is level 152 having everything bother you as well?

It bothers me because it adds a pay to win element to Halo. It has nothing to do with level 1 or level 152. You’re adding things to the conversation that I have not mentioned, like you did with Reach. I’m against games being unfair. It’s about BUYING the chance of better gear. Especially weapons and vehicles that have an impact on matches.