No Release Date is a Little Disconcerting.

Unless I have missed something, there is still no definite release date for the game with “Holiday 2021” appearing at the end of the games showcase. That’s maybe five months away? I would have thought that the showcase would have been the perfect opportunity to announce one. Almost every other game got one with some even in 2022 and one in 2023. From what I saw everything looked great and I’m excited to play it but I am really concerned that the game will get pushed back… again.

You’re absolutely right. It’s not a good look, at all.

While the reveal overall was great for multiplayer and I’m very intrigued by the campaign story teasers we got, no concrete release date is a mistake.

I understand 343i being very cautious with when to target, but the time has come to decide and commit. Either don’t promise Q4 '21, or pick a date and stick to it. For years, this was a Q4 2020 XSX/S launch window release, but it was delayed at the last minute to indefinite 2021. We’re halfway through 2021 now and still no concrete date. Despite all there is to be rightfully optimistic about from today’s reveals, I think it’s super reasonable to be concerned at the lack of a date.

I know Bonnie Ross hinted at a November release date on her Twitter, in line with the 20th year anniversary of Halo CE’s release. Still disappointing there’s no real concrete date. We’ll just keep waiting…

I agree.The trailers felt lacking to me.After waiting for so long and pushing back the game for one more year, I kinda expected to see some actual in game footage and not a CG trailer.The trailers looked very good and the games looks even better than last E3 but we saw nothing that we did’nt already know.I feel like it might be pushed back once more.Eitther that or they didn’t want to focus to much on Halo (got a lot of other cool games shown!).
I hope we get more info tomorow and a date for the beta,can’t wait to play it !

> 2533274945003610;4:
> I agree.The trailers felt lacking to me.After waiting for so long and pushing back the game for one more year, I kinda expected to see some actual in game footage and not a CG trailer.The trailers looked very good and the games looks even better than last E3 but we saw nothing that we did’nt already know.I feel like it might be pushed back once more.Eitther that or they didn’t want to focus to much on Halo (got a lot of other cool games shown!).
> I hope we get more info tomorow and a date for the beta,can’t wait to play it !

I totally agree. The trailers looked great, I’m excited to play the multiplayer and I am more intrigued with the Campaign than ever (I suspect the theorists are already hard at work dissecting things) and you are right, more information will probably come over the next few days, but the fact that there was no mention of the games flighting also has me concerned.

Holiday season. Leaves a largewindow to push back further WHEN that is necessary AGAIN.

I’d imagine well get a release date at PAX West which is Sep 3rd - 6th. But even still I’m not worried. Because at the end of the day I want a finished product. Even if that means another delay.

> 2533274809226598;1:
> Unless I have missed something, there is still no definite release date for the game with “Holiday 2021” appearing at the end of the games showcase. That’s maybe five months away? I would have thought that the showcase would have been the perfect opportunity to announce one. Almost every other game got one with some even in 2022 and one in 2023. From what I saw everything looked great and I’m excited to play it but I am really concerned that the game will get pushed back… again.

I wouldn’t worry too much about this. All this means is some time in November or December. November 15th IDEALLY, but it’s so they have time to fix something if it crops up during testing, most likely.

> 2533274800521306;7:
> I’d imagine well get a release date at PAX West which is Sep 3rd - 6th. But even still I’m not worried. Because at the end of the day I want a finished product. Even if that means another delay.

Exactly. I prefer the “Old Blizzard” approach to games: “It’s done when its done.” Both saves and makes companies WAY more money in the long run when their product is finished, running and shining.

> 2533274945003610;4:
> I agree.The trailers felt lacking to me.After waiting for so long and pushing back the game for one more year, I kinda expected to see some actual in game footage and not a CG trailer.The trailers looked very good and the games looks even better than last E3 but we saw nothing that we did’nt already know.I feel like it might be pushed back once more.Eitther that or they didn’t want to focus to much on Halo (got a lot of other cool games shown!).
> I hope we get more info tomorow and a date for the beta,can’t wait to play it !

They’re showing off an overview of multiplayer tomorrow.

For me Holiday makes sense. The community had already fairly well settled on the 20th Anniversary week as most likely given all the other evidence and any later wasn’t ‘Fall’ anymore. The idea that Infinite’s release could overshadow the 20th anniversary has been slightly controversial in some quarters, so pushing

Given Battlefield releasing in late October and EA’s cosy position with Xbox just now, I suspect that may have pushed them as well - and that’s relatively recent info so that may have led to a late change.

In reality, I still expect it will be November, but this opens up 23 or 30 November as possible/probable dates.

On the whole I’m okay with no date beyond Holiday at this stage, but I would expect the date to come after the first of the summer technical tests/flights

It’s definitely disappointing they didn’t give a firm date. I’m hoping tomorrow they will announce a halo infinite console and legendary editions of the game or stuff like this. I’m not buying a series x until I get my Halo theme system as always :grin:

I agree. While I LOVED everything and the game looks fantastic, the fact that they didn’t go in depth either with the campaign or the multi (seems like tomorrow there is a showcase), and the fact that we have no date while things like Starfield have an exact estimate. I dunno, I fear the game is having trouble.

Let’s hope everything is okay!

Now we have to guess which holiday it is. Is Bastille day soon?

Normally, I would suggest not looking too deep into this. But, Horizon 5 has a firm release date and that’s an XGS game as well. Weird that Halo didn’t have one. In any case, the game looks great and I am looking forward to whenever it releases.

> 2533274824050480;15:
> Normally, I would suggest not looking too deep into this. But, Horizon 5 has a firm release date and that’s an XGS game as well. Weird that Halo didn’t have one. In any case, the game looks great and I am looking forward to whenever it releases.

I suspect 343 are doing this in case a major issue crops up during testing; that way they have a bit of a cushion to iron things out and have it ready within 2021 still.

Ideally, Beta goes off without a hitch, and we’ll all be playing Infinite on November 15th, 2021. :wink:

Honestly, they might wait with the release date until they see the community’s reaction to the game, so if they want to redo something they won’t have to delay it

Not going to lie, the MP portion was enough to show me a teaser but the story aspect was… short. Like 2-5minutes too short. They made out like it was going to be this thing and finally get some answer we’ve been asking for 12 months. I could have guaranteed 100% without a doubt that we should get a release date. Like that’s very basic and we all expected it.

I don’t know what their thoughts are. It felt like they’re pulling their punches still and this was literally the last time to give us something big.

More information is coming this week with a lot more details tomorrow. I’d wait before drawing too many conclusions.

I loved what I saw, for the record.

What they really should have done, is a video breakdown exactly like forza did. Like that is exactly how a video SHOULD be, to show a game with details and answers and get us hyped.

I liked what I saw but they really lack in the marketing department when it comes to showcases.