No Regional Search Is KILLING ME

Seriously.

I live in a non-populated area, and every other game is a JIP.

Nothing says fun like a JIP-SWAT match where it’s 25-10 in their favor.

Don’t ban me for quitting, when it’s your fault.

I have the same problem. 3/4 games I find are usually JIP (despite the playlists having a good 2000 players…

Just use the trick to avoid JIP. It doesn’t count as a quit.
-Press start when you know you are in a JIP lobby (player cards show up with no options. They were not incoming players, no options to vote for map). Go to your network settings and change it to my xbox. This disconnects you from matchmaking. Then change it back to xbox live, returning you to the war games menu.

Its a quick neat little trick which I use about 40 times a day…

Thank you!

Great tip I did not know.

Know your pain mate. I’m in Australia and only really find local games in Infinity Slayer at certain times of the day. Would rather deal with that though then moving to the big cities lol.

I have been trying that tip, but man you hafta be fast.

I just want to play the damn game.

Jumping into a match underway when your team is down is like playing Chess when you are down a Knight and three pawns.

To the Australian mate, I feel your pain bro.

Also, in Australia, also feel your pain

Not having the local search option gives me laggy U.S hosts 95% of the time

I also feel your Lag pain.

I’m in Western Canada in a city of 1+ million people and 70% of my 1400 H4 War Games are lagged by 0.5+ seconds.

I have ADSL connection direct to the XBox, 7 ms ping local, 70 ms ping across North America (measured), 50 mbps download 11 mbps upload and only one person using the connection (me). None of 5 other titles I play lag anywhere near what H4 does.

I switched back permanently to Halo Reach on June 6th, and using the “Best Connection” filter in Reach, only 5% of my Reach games are as lagged as 70% of my H4 games are. That’s with less than 1,000 people in the BTB Reach Game Lobby too - versus 8,000+ in the BTIS Halo 4 lobby for player selection.

The other issue is that Halo4 uses “Host History” for picking host rather than selecting the best connection (ping time and band width), so if your a new player, you have no host history and always pull host. Here is my Rant on this topic :

https://forums.halowaypoint.com/yaf_postsm2567780_Is-Halo-4-s-Netcode-Bogging-Down.aspx#post2567780

(with actual occurrences of it) if you want to read it. Fixing these issues can be done on the server side too. The server picks the players for a game based on criteria not the Xbox app - so it’s just a lack of will on 343’s part on fixing basic multiplayer issues 9+ months after it was launched.

> Also, in Australia, also feel your pain
>
> Not having the local search option gives me laggy U.S hosts 95% of the time

It’d be nice if MS put servers in your area but with your 3rd world internet, I can see why they don’t. Isn’t your whole infrastructure undergoing changes?

Eastern Europe feels your pain bros.

> It’d be nice if MS put servers in your area but with your 3rd world internet, I can see why they don’t. Isn’t your whole infrastructure undergoing changes?

A lot of the richer suburbs in the cities now have fiber optic but my suburb isn’t due to get it until 2014.

OP, you’ve got a great name XD

> It’d be nice if MS put servers in your area but with your 3rd world internet, I can see why they don’t. Isn’t your whole infrastructure undergoing changes?

They are currently working on whats known as the NBN (national broadband network) however it is really only going to effect major metropolis’ such as Brisbane Melbourne Sydney Perth essentially its a “national” program that is impossible to roll out nationally thus making it a waste of 80b dollars, but that’s a politics rant which are forbidden from the forums

“It’d be nice if MS put servers in your area but with your 3rd world internet, I can see why they don’t. Isn’t your whole infrastructure undergoing changes?”.

How wonderfully charming of you.

> How wonderfully charming of you.

He’s just saying it how is it really. Everyone knows Australia has lousy internet lol. Don’t think many of us Aussies take offense to the truth of the matter.

> I have the same problem. 3/4 games I find are usually JIP (despite the playlists having a good 2000 players…
>
> Just use the trick to avoid JIP. It doesn’t count as a quit.
> -Press start when you know you are in a JIP lobby (player cards show up with no options. They were not incoming players, no options to vote for map). Go to your network settings and change it to my xbox. This disconnects you from matchmaking. Then change it back to xbox live, returning you to the war games menu.
>
> <mark>Its a quick neat little trick which I use about 40 times a day…</mark>

LOL wow.
The things people do to avoid a join in progress game.
You know what I do? I just play, even if I know I’m going to lose, because once that game ends you’ll have a fresh new lose to start a new game that’s not join in progress. It’s not that hard to endure a losing game once in a while.

People here act like playing a join in progress game will result in their home and car evicted and repossessed.

> You know what I do? I just play, even if I know I’m going to lose, because once that game ends you’ll have a fresh new lose to start a new game that’s not join in progress.

That would be nice, but most of the time people leave the lobby after a match.
You are then back to square one.

It’s just frustrating.
I can live with the lag, it happens.
But jumping into a match time after time gets real old, real fast.

> > You know what I do? I just play, even if I know I’m going to lose, because once that game ends you’ll have a fresh new lose to start a new game that’s not join in progress.
>
> That would be nice, but most of the time people leave the lobby after a match.
> You are then back to square one.
>
> It’s just frustrating.
> I can live with the lag, it happens.
> But jumping into a match time after time gets real old, real fast.

In all honesty i’m sure you’ll survive.

You can just dashboard that’s what I do to avoid JIP.

shame,I thought he was a nice guy :c (lolz jk)

> In all honesty i’m sure you’ll survive.

Thanks man. You talked me off the ledge.

But…

I now have this stuck in my head.

LINK

aaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!

I live ~25 miles from 343 and Microsoft, yet I get laggy east coast host all the time. It’s what happens in a P2P game with a low population. I hate to say it but a regional filter won’t fix this. Signing out does the same this as the switching to my Xbox trick but it’s a whole lot faster. Dashboard button, press X, select yes, then sign back in.