No Ranks=No Buy

I hate to be “that guy” however I honestly will not buy this game if we get anything like Reach.
I want a playlist in which ranks are the carrot. I don’t care about silly credit system or any special armor…

Take it for what it is… no visable ranking system this game will tank as fast as Reach.

Flame Over!

Alongside the SR1-50 ranks, there will be skill-based searching for all playlists which will prioritise skill when searching for games.

It will be a hell of a lot stricter than it was for Halo: Reach.

XiViTiManxILLXi: lvl 50

sorry couldn’t resist

I would give it a shot, it may have its faults, but overall it looks promising.

Deja Poo.

You feel you’ve heard this crap before.

This game will not be anything like reach, and if you wont buy it because of such a silly reason. The only one losing out is you.

Honestly, if you enjoy Halo a ranking system shouldn’t make it or break it. A ranking system is very important to me since it made Halo 3 that much better for me, but you wont even play the campaign because there is no ranking system? At least get it for campaign and spartan ops.

Moa Do you sleep?

Well I’m glad you are actually talking with your money!

Really… you’re not going to buy solely for that reason…??? You’ll be missing out on such a great game!!!

Ok we will not miss you. But believe me its better than reach credit system.

What if I told you that you need to play the game before judging it.

> Moa Do you sleep?

Week off from college :wink:

I don’t play games unless they have arbitrary number attached to them. >:(

Really?

> I don’t play games unless they have arbitrary number attached to them. >:(

People that still brag about a 50 in Halo 3 is the reason why I want to slap people through the internet.

How many threads of this exact statement does it make. I’ll admit I really am hoping for a ranking system closer to Halo 3’s but I’ll enjoy the game never-the-less. A skill based ranking system will just be a huge bonus for me

OP is obviously a troll. 0/10. Troll harder.

> I hate to be “that guy” however I honestly will not buy this game if we get anything like Reach.
> I want a playlist in which ranks are the carrot. I don’t care about silly credit system or any special armor…
>
> Take it for what it is… no visable ranking system this game will tank as fast as Reach.
>
> Flame Over!

Good then. Anyone who gets all uppity about a video game shouldnt play it.

Sorry but only the ignorant would think this game will survive without one. Bungie was a gaming monster because they offered a competitive gaming experience… I know 343 is not bungie and I am more then happy they took up the Halo story.
Yes I had a 50 in 3 and your point being what?
Reach was so flawed and I wont purchase 4 unless I see that shiny carrot to trap my mind!
I know I know its awful that someone wants to continue the tradition of ranked/competitive games…
Campagin is for days when the internet is down…

When people say that they’re not really coming off as a Halo fan to me.

and no, that’s not an insult or mean spirited. I’m not saying wanting a ranking system doesn’t make you a fan, or that you should play the game a specific way to be considered one (although I am sure that someone will report this comment regardless). I am saying that a “ranking system” isn’t a “Halo specific feature”. Any game can easily include a ranking system. It really doesn’t come off as “loyalty” when you’re so quick to jump between games for a feature that isn’t tied to one franchise.

You should play Halo 4 for what it has to offer and determine to yourself whether or not you would like to keep playing the game. People like to say that Halo shouldn’t have “perks” or “killstreaks” to appeal to the “CoD gamers” who only like games for that reason, but a ranking system is the exception?

A ranking system isn’t “automatic success”, it’s very possible for Halo 4 to have a 1-50 ranking system like Halo 3, but still have people who don’t like to play the game. Who don’t enjoy the overall package, the campaign or extra features and can decide for themselves that the game just isn’t for them.

and people who hate a game but keeps on playing it due to the ranking system says something completely different.