no rankng system would be best

Ranking whether it be progressive system or a shown trueskill is pointless and only makes people complain cause its not the way they want it. Rank doesnt effect gameplay one bit yet people moan about it like it ruins a game …umm hello it doesn’t effect gameplay.

You can be competitive or just have fun without rank being shown maybe then people will focus on the game instead of pointless things

Well 1-50 actually helped competitive play since it paired you with people similar to you skill by number AND trueskill. Either way, a no-rank system would be nice.

> Well 1-50 actually helped competitive play since it paired you with people similar to you skill by number AND trueskill. Either way, a no-rank system would be nice.

All 1-50 was, was a dressed up version of Trueskill. It was Trueskill doing all the matching, you only saw the 1 - 50. A visual ranking system, be it skill or progressive based, is not needed to match anyone if Trueskill is in use. That’s why you see games out there that use Trueskill, but have completely arbitrary ranking systems.

> Well 1-50 actually helped competitive play since it paired you with people similar to you skill by number AND trueskill. Either way, a no-rank system would be nice.

U still get paired with people with same trueskill u just don’t have the number next to ur name. Even with 1-50 people complained about bad games or people that would de rank just to fight noobs or people who bought 50’s so be noobs in high skilled games.

There is no perfect rank system so best to get rid of it altogether

> > Well 1-50 actually helped competitive play since it paired you with people similar to you skill by number AND trueskill. Either way, a no-rank system would be nice.
>
> All 1-50 was, was a dressed up version of Trueskill. It was Trueskill doing all the matching, you only saw the 1 - 50. A visual ranking system, be it skill or progressive based, is not needed to match anyone if Trueskill is in use. That’s why you see games out there that use Trueskill, but have completely arbitrary ranking systems.

Least someone else gets it too

It sets a goal, adding tons of replay value. I played over 4000 games of halo 3 because of this system. Why it wasn’t included in halo 4 makes no sense to me.
I’m already bored with this installments multiplayer.

> It sets a goal, adding tons of replay value. I played over 4000 games of halo 3 because of this system. Why it wasn’t included in halo 4 makes no sense to me.
> I’m already bored with this installments multiplayer.

Exactly right. There’s a FUN element to the 1 - 50.

> > It sets a goal, adding tons of replay value. I played over 4000 games of halo 3 because of this system. Why it wasn’t included in halo 4 makes no sense to me.
> > I’m already bored with this installments multiplayer.
>
> Exactly right. There’s a FUN element to the 1 - 50.

Then I encourage you both to ask yourselves this :

“If I were to log on to Halo 4 right now, and the ONLY thing added was 1 - 50, would I keep playing, despite all the gameplay issues that are there?”

> > > It sets a goal, adding tons of replay value. I played over 4000 games of halo 3 because of this system. Why it wasn’t included in halo 4 makes no sense to me.
> > > I’m already bored with this installments multiplayer.
> >
> > Exactly right. There’s a FUN element to the 1 - 50.
>
> Then I encourage you both to ask yourselves this :
>
> “If I were to log on to Halo 4 right now, and the ONLY thing added was 1 - 50, would I keep playing, despite all the gameplay issues that are there?”

What I don’t get is why people think that just because there is not a rank next to their name they are not being paired with people of the same skill level. 4’s ranking system is the same as 3’s except you don’t know where you fall in comparison to tthe rest of the world. That’s it.

I do think this is a good idea though.

> Then I encourage you both to ask yourselves this :
>
> “If I were to log on to Halo 4 right now, and the ONLY thing added was 1 - 50, would I keep playing, despite all the gameplay issues that are there?”

If there was a 1 - 50 from the start, I can almost guarantee it. Many of my friends have stopped playing the game due to the lack of a ranking system and replay ability. Now, if it was just added today, I’d definitely play Halo 4 more than I do now. Although, that’s not saying much.

> > It sets a goal, adding tons of replay value. I played over 4000 games of halo 3 because of this system. Why it wasn’t included in halo 4 makes no sense to me.
> > I’m already bored with this installments multiplayer.
>
> Exactly right. There’s a FUN element to the 1 - 50.

Others find it complete opposite to where they got rank locked in 3 which made them quit and people played halo ce online without ranks tons more then they do any other halo and still have fun including myself.

If u need that goal to hit 50 imo to have fun is honestly kinda sad cause what happens when u hit 50? U quit playing cause it isn’t fun? Or do u keep playing even tho u have no more rank to work towards and have fun which u cud of done to begin with

Or they could just do it like Halo 3 and have ranked playlists for people who like the competitive gameplay, and then have social playlists with their own ranks for each playlist, so it’s the best of both world. Everyone wins, although this doesn’t solve the problem of people selling accounts, I’d still rather have a ranking system.

> > > > It sets a goal, adding tons of replay value. I played over 4000 games of halo 3 because of this system. Why it wasn’t included in halo 4 makes no sense to me.
> > > > I’m already bored with this installments multiplayer.
> > >
> > > Exactly right. There’s a FUN element to the 1 - 50.
> >
> > Then I encourage you both to ask yourselves this :
> >
> > “If I were to log on to Halo 4 right now, and the ONLY thing added was 1 - 50, would I keep playing, despite all the gameplay issues that are there?”
>
> What I don’t get is why people think that just because there is not a rank next to their name they are not being paired with people of the same skill level. 4’s ranking system is the same as 3’s except you don’t know where you fall in comparison to tthe rest of the world. That’s it.
>
> I do think this is a good idea though.

I’m not being paired with people on the same skill level as me though. A good portion of the games I play end with me on top of the leaderboard with our team crushing the other. The other matches end with my team getting absolutely destroyed. A very small percentage of the time the game is very close, such as one or two kills.

> > > > > It sets a goal, adding tons of replay value. I played over 4000 games of halo 3 because of this system. Why it wasn’t included in halo 4 makes no sense to me.
> > > > > I’m already bored with this installments multiplayer.
> > > >
> > > > Exactly right. There’s a FUN element to the 1 - 50.
> > >
> > > Then I encourage you both to ask yourselves this :
> > >
> > > “If I were to log on to Halo 4 right now, and the ONLY thing added was 1 - 50, would I keep playing, despite all the gameplay issues that are there?”
> >
> > What I don’t get is why people think that just because there is not a rank next to their name they are not being paired with people of the same skill level. 4’s ranking system is the same as 3’s except you don’t know where you fall in comparison to tthe rest of the world. That’s it.
> >
> > I do think this is a good idea though.
>
> I’m not being paired with people on the same skill level as me though. A good portion of the games I play end with me on top of the leaderboard with our team crushing the other. The other matches end with my team getting absolutely destroyed. A very small percentage of the time the game is very close, such as one or two kills.

So many factors are there that you and most people don’t realize. For example

1. Multiple people could be using sane GT disorienting trueskill for the GT
  2. People could be in a party with a huge trueskill gap making them pair up with or fight an enemy team with huge gap too.
  3. Game could be close in the beginning but once one team gets map control its easier to keep control and dominate then it is to try and to gain control.
  4. People could be having of days or drinking or high which could obsecure their play.
  5. They could boosting certain commendations or achievements.
  6. Could be just messing around .

There is so many reasons I didn’t name either that can make it seem like truesill isn’t there but it is . For every game that doesntseem even , there is someone else having a close game

> > > > > > It sets a goal, adding tons of replay value. I played over 4000 games of halo 3 because of this system. Why it wasn’t included in halo 4 makes no sense to me.
> > > > > > I’m already bored with this installments multiplayer.
> > > > >
> > > > > Exactly right. There’s a FUN element to the 1 - 50.
> > > >
> > > > Then I encourage you both to ask yourselves this :
> > > >
> > > > “If I were to log on to Halo 4 right now, and the ONLY thing added was 1 - 50, would I keep playing, despite all the gameplay issues that are there?”
> > >
> > > What I don’t get is why people think that just because there is not a rank next to their name they are not being paired with people of the same skill level. 4’s ranking system is the same as 3’s except you don’t know where you fall in comparison to tthe rest of the world. That’s it.
> > >
> > > I do think this is a good idea though.
> >
> > I’m not being paired with people on the same skill level as me though. A good portion of the games I play end with me on top of the leaderboard with our team crushing the other. The other matches end with my team getting absolutely destroyed. A very small percentage of the time the game is very close, such as one or two kills.
>
> So many factors are there that you and most people don’t realize. For example
> <mark>1. Multiple people could be using sane GT disorienting trueskill for the GT</mark>
> 2. People could be in a party with a huge trueskill gap making them pair up with or fight an enemy team with huge gap too.
> 3. Game could be close in the beginning but once one team gets map control its easier to keep control and dominate then it is to try and to gain control.
> <mark>4. People could be having of days or drinking or high which could obsecure their play.</mark>
> <mark>5. They could boosting certain commendations or achievements.</mark>
> <mark>6. Could be just messing around .</mark>
>
> There is so many reasons I didn’t name either that can make it seem like truesill isn’t there but it is . For every game that doesntseem even , there is someone else having a close game

Take note of the points I highlighted. Each of those would be fixed with either a visible 1-50 rank or even a Ranked/social playlist split. I know for a fact that in Halo 2/3 I did not play ranked if I was in the mood to fool around with friends lest I screw up my rank. Any of the people who are doing the above would head to social, thus clearing up the matches for people who are on even playing fields skill and interest wise.

> > Well 1-50 actually helped competitive play since it paired you with people similar to you skill by number AND trueskill. Either way, a no-rank system would be nice.
>
> U still get paired with people with same trueskill u just don’t have the number next to ur name. Even with 1-50 people complained about bad games or people that would de rank just to fight noobs or people who bought 50’s so be noobs in high skilled games.
>
> There is no perfect rank system so best to get rid of it altogether

No you don’t. I would have been around a level 40 yet I was still playing people who played like it was their first game.

Here we go again with the no rank people who just want the game to be how they want it and never want to compromise. Why can’t we have a few ranked and a few non ranked playlists? Right now as it is only the people who like non ranked are happy so how about we add some ranked playlists and make everyone happy.

> > > > > > It sets a goal, adding tons of replay value. I played over 4000 games of halo 3 because of this system. Why it wasn’t included in halo 4 makes no sense to me.
> > > > > > I’m already bored with this installments multiplayer.
> > > > >
> > > > > Exactly right. There’s a FUN element to the 1 - 50.
> > > >
> > > > Then I encourage you both to ask yourselves this :
> > > >
> > > > “If I were to log on to Halo 4 right now, and the ONLY thing added was 1 - 50, would I keep playing, despite all the gameplay issues that are there?”
> > >
> > > What I don’t get is why people think that just because there is not a rank next to their name they are not being paired with people of the same skill level. 4’s ranking system is the same as 3’s except you don’t know where you fall in comparison to tthe rest of the world. That’s it.
> > >
> > > I do think this is a good idea though.
> >
> > I’m not being paired with people on the same skill level as me though. A good portion of the games I play end with me on top of the leaderboard with our team crushing the other. The other matches end with my team getting absolutely destroyed. A very small percentage of the time the game is very close, such as one or two kills.
>
> So many factors are there that you and most people don’t realize. For example
> 1. Multiple people could be using sane GT disorienting trueskill for the GT
> 2. People could be in a party with a huge trueskill gap making them pair up with or fight an enemy team with huge gap too.
> 3. Game could be close in the beginning but once one team gets map control its easier to keep control and dominate then it is to try and to gain control.
> 4. People could be having of days or drinking or high which could obsecure their play.
> 5. They could boosting certain commendations or achievements.
> 6. Could be just messing around .
>
> There is so many reasons I didn’t name either that can make it seem like truesill isn’t there but it is . For every game that doesntseem even , there is someone else having a close game

Those are some of the dumbest excuses I have ever heard to try and clarify a point. Even though there was glitches with the 1-50 it was a better system. I played way more close games in Halo 3 then I have in Reach and 4 combined.

So playing against a team with 2 or more guests is supposed to be competitive? If you want players to come back than you need to put in a competitive ranking system like 1 - 50, if you don’t then continue watching your game to die. Your choice.

Edited by Moderator - Please do not flame/attack others.

*Original post, click at your own discretion.

If there is no fixed ranking system it eliminates competitive gameplay like that… Anyone can play halo 4 so much and get to highest level and they could be terrible, then what happens to all the other die hard halo fans who are in it for the competitive side and they get paired up with some utter -Yoinking!- trash and its all yay i like having fun when playing halo.

Halo is not fun. Halo is serious business.

FU

>

Playing for a rank can still be fun. And it gives you more of a reason to stay and play. Playing a game where you can level up by doing nothing gets boring really fast.