no ranking system besides for halo 2a

<mark>This post has been edited by a moderator. Please refrain from making non-constructive posts.</mark>
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.

343 lied they said many times each playlist has a ranking system I can now tell you that is not true

What proof?

https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/community/bulletins/the-halo-bulletin-your-journey-begins

<mark>This post has been edited by a moderator. Please refrain from making non-constructive posts.</mark>

*Original post. Click at your own discretion.

“Post-launch”, so specific. So the only way I can play CE at launch is a social 4vs4 playlist, yeah piss off.

Not a big deal guys

I am pretty sure they said something along the lines of “every playlist uses the same skill based matchmaking as halo 2” or something like that. If they ever said “every playlist will have a number next to your name” then I would like to see a quote or something.

343 already confirmed every playlist has a skill based pairing system underneath. its just the H2A 4v4 will be the only one to have a number next to your name to represent your skill at launch. The fact that we have the skill based algorithm running in all playlists is good enough for me while they sort out the number issue. Rather it be working & rolled out than forced out & broken.

Before anyone starts freaking out & thinks all the playlists are social, they arent. they are using a real skill based search system underneath. they said this in the bulliten o.O the only thing is we dont have a number next to our name off the bat.

Here’s what’s going on with the ranking system and playlists, 343 didn’t lie about anything. First of all, there are ranked playlists and social playlists, kinda like in Halo 3. Every ranked playlist will give you an individual rank. Every playlist is ranked, except for Team Halo 2: Anniversary Social, Halo 2: Anniversary Rumble, and Big Team Battle, those 3 playlists are social and don’t contain a rank. Refer to this image for a better understanding. http://oyster.ignimgs.com/wordpress/stg.ign.com/2014/10/TMCC-UI-Multiplayer-Ranking-Pick-A-Fight-720x405.jpg

Can wait for this to become CSR 2.0

“It’ll totally be out soon after launch guys!”

“Ok maybe by years end!”

“Ok, February sounds good to release it to a near dead game”

> 2533274933219173;7:
> Here’s what’s going on with the ranking system and playlists, 343 didn’t lie about anything. First of all, there are ranked playlists and social playlists, kinda like in Halo 3. Every ranked playlist will give you an individual rank. Every playlist is ranked, except for Team Halo 2: Anniversary Social, Halo 2: Anniversary Rumble, and Big Team Battle, those 3 playlists are social and don’t contain a rank. Refer to this image for a better understanding. http://oyster.ignimgs.com/wordpress/stg.ign.com/2014/10/TMCC-UI-Multiplayer-Ranking-Pick-A-Fight-720x405.jpg

Except Frank just confirmed that only H2A has ranked at launch.

> 2533274921675227;9:
> > 2533274933219173;7:
> > Here’s what’s going on with the ranking system and playlists, 343 didn’t lie about anything. First of all, there are ranked playlists and social playlists, kinda like in Halo 3. Every ranked playlist will give you an individual rank. Every playlist is ranked, except for Team Halo 2: Anniversary Social, Halo 2: Anniversary Rumble, and Big Team Battle, those 3 playlists are social and don’t contain a rank. Refer to this image for a better understanding. http://oyster.ignimgs.com/wordpress/stg.ign.com/2014/10/TMCC-UI-Multiplayer-Ranking-Pick-A-Fight-720x405.jpg
>
> Except Frank just confirmed that only H2A has ranked at launch
>
> I believe they are only doing this so people will play the remastered tweaked maps they worked on first

I’m happy about this honestly. Now I’ll be able to practice in H2 Classic before it’s ranking system officially kicks in. I’ll be ready to kick -Yoink- by then.

lol @ all the pessimistic fans. Can’t you think good thoughts?

Oh no the world is coming to a end…ha ha ranks are dumb, just play for fun, right?

> 2533274794648158;11:
> I’m happy about this honestly. Now I’ll be able to practice in H2 Classic before it’s ranking system officially kicks in. I’ll be ready to kick -Yoink- by then.
>
> lol @ all the pessimistic fans. Can’t you think good thoughts?

actually the ranking system is already in. its just not giving visible numbers to anything but the one playlist at launch. In ranked playlists you will still be judged & filtered by a strict system, you just wont see a number at launch =P

Not really bothered by this … I just wanna play on all the maps again. Attempting to get a 50 again is nice and all but not a deciding factor for me really. The post says they will fix any exploits players may find and roll out ranks to other playlists as time goes by. I am ok with this. It’s much better than how bungie made a great Halo 3 system but didn’t try to fix the exploits later on and as a result it became one of the worst ranking systems when exploited.

Most people were not happy with the launch playlists anyways so when ranked rolls around they will be fine tuned by then.

This is so ridiculous. @ Shy Guy Theron I paid for this game 6 months ago with confidence in 343i to hold true to its word. They lied and I already got my money back. I hope a stupid amount of people do the same thing. Though, many of them will get the game and automatically be pissed off when they get home from the store and realize they were duped into believing a non existent ranking system was there. Tricking people into giving them their money, even if it isn’t the majority of players is FRAUD.

Wowwwwwww. How convenient they tell us after everybody pre downloaded. They made it out to seen like everything’s ranked besides the socials. No rank for esports and hardcore? Um ok then what’s even the point. Just play customs

Anyone solely getting the MCC because of the ranking system is completely mind boggling to me and if said individuals back out of getting the MCC it might actually be benefit for everyone else who will be enjoying the MCC anyway.

> 2533274839169051;17:
> Anyone solely getting the MCC because of the ranking system is completely mind boggling to me and if said individuals back out of getting the MCC it might actually be benefit for everyone else who will be enjoying the MCC anyway.

It just kills people that love the competitive side. They release the news bout hcs but then won’t have ranks lol. Get the hell outta here

> 2533274839169051;17:
> Anyone solely getting the MCC because of the ranking system is completely mind boggling to me and if said individuals back out of getting the MCC it might actually be benefit for everyone else who will be enjoying the MCC anyway.

I never thought of it like that and maybe that’s how 343i looks at it to. I understand that some people play for lore, forge, and even social but no one understands why people play competitively. That is what boggles my mind.

> 2533274831074612;13:
> > 2533274794648158;11:
> > I’m happy about this honestly. Now I’ll be able to practice in H2 Classic before it’s ranking system officially kicks in. I’ll be ready to kick -Yoink- by then.
> >
> > lol @ all the pessimistic fans. Can’t you think good thoughts?
>
>
> actually the ranking system is already in. its just not giving visible numbers to anything but the one playlist at launch. In ranked playlists you will still be judged & filtered by a strict system, you just wont see a number at launch =P

So this whole thing is either to piss people off or it’s a complete and utter lie. Honestly, I wouldn’t know at this point.