No Prometheans in Halo Wars 2 confirmed

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=KPueHXyU3u4

4 minutes

So IGN did a recent interview with one of the developers and when asked about factions he confirmed that there will only be UNSC and Banished. He did act a little weird and seemed to backtrack implying they might be DLC but he specifically sa
id “no Prometheans in the game”. Either way Iam really unhappy that the game will only have 2 factions.

I mean it’s a weird stance to take. The interviewer even asks that question immediately after this long description of the story being linked to post Halo 5. It just seemed a given that they would appear if you wanted that time period. I mean I don’t see the self declared ruler of the Galaxy being subtle here and not using massive robot legion. They should make an appearance.

Fingers crossed for the flood. I also hope we get a more traditional covenant faction/leader.

343 and CA shouldn’t have to give away details like that in an interview.
Every developer should be free to release key details of their creation at their own pace IMHO.
i.e. Ask no questions, hear no lies.

> 2533274826614653;3:
> 343 and CA shouldn’t have to give away details like that in an interview.
> Every developer should be free to release key details of their creation at their own pace IMHO.
> i.e. Ask no questions, hear no lies.

What makes you think he’s lying? He d have nothing to gain by saying only two factions and he deflects a later question on tournaments and e sports. To be that specific suggests he’s telling the truth.

> 2533274803587475;4:
> > 2533274826614653;3:
> > 343 and CA shouldn’t have to give away details like that in an interview.
> > Every developer should be free to release key details of their creation at their own pace IMHO.
> > i.e. Ask no questions, hear no lies.
>
>
> What makes you think he’s lying? He d have nothing to gain by saying only two factions and he deflects a later question on tournaments and e sports. To be that specific suggests he’s telling the truth.

What would there be to gain from releasing company secrets prematurely?
It might be possible, that questions have been deflected or answered incorrectly to preserve the integrity of a future announcement.
Either way, I don’t hold anyone to their word where sales are concerned.