No Precision Editing Confirmed

Sadly, 343i said they dont have plans to include precision editing into Halo 4.
Go to 8:35

If you angle your view directly above the object your holding, it moves very slowly. Though it would be better if it zoomed in.

I don’t get it. It’s not like we’re asking them to put in a completely new feature in the game. We’re asking for an OLD feature that should have been in the game from the start. It’s simple logic.

DAE remember when CA made a statement shortly after release saying “no precision editing was a mistake, and we’re going to put it back in”?

> DAE remember when CA made a statement shortly after release saying “no precision editing was a mistake, and we’re going to put it back in”?

When did this happen?

> If you angle your view directly above the object your holding, it moves very slowly. Though it would be better if it zoomed in.

This works for moving Horizontally. But not Vertically.

A trick I have been using for Vertical Precision editing is, Grab the object> Edit coordinates> Raise Z 1 step above where you want it, then lower it hit X to close the Menu as fast as possible. After a couple attempts you can usually get pretty close and it falls in between coordinates.

> > DAE remember when CA made a statement shortly after release saying “no precision editing was a mistake, and we’re going to put it back in”?
>
> When did this happen?

In the weeks after Halo 4 came out, when the outcry for precision editing was huge.

I remember CA saying that too.

The problem isn’t just that there is no zoom option, it’s that every time you try getting close to align two walls perfectly you get pushed 500 meters away and can’t see what you’re doing. It’s as if they made it annoying on purpose.