No point to play without a RANKING SYSTEM

This game got boring way to fast I just don’t see a reason to play I need something to work towards I mean SR ranks mean nothing skill wise .We need a ranking system 1-50 or just like the halo 2 ranking system would be perfect! And more then one ranked playlist like doubles,snipers,team slayer ,mlg . The only other Halo without ranks Was Reach and that was the worst thing to ever happen to Halo .Lets only hope 343 can make a change before its to late!

You can always work on commendations, complete specializations, play Spartan Ops…

This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not flame or attack other members.

*Original post. Click at your own discretion.

^ lmao at this reply. Typical 343 fan, no lifer. Play spartan ops? Why is that even in my game… I am still entirely confused why that -Yoink- mode is even playable more than once, makes for -Yoink- little level booster kids like yourself, and is enforcing the reason for a CSR.

This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not flame or attack other members. This includes stat-flaming.

*Original post. Click at your own discretion.

> <mark>no lifer</mark>

Says the guy who is a SR 104.

> You can always work on commendations, complete specializations, play Spartan Ops…

I lol’d so hard…

> You can always work on commendations, complete specializations, play Spartan Ops…

I can’t keep my eyes open long enough to even try and play boring spartan ops .Halo is about competitive multiplayer gameplay talking crap ranking up well i guess it used to be anyway now it’s just user friendly and boring.

> ^ lmao at this**…**

Sorry, but how could anyone be a fan of company, which shipped only one game? :confused:

I realise, that stuff I named will never replace good ranking system, like in Halo 2 or Halo 3. I was just trying to cheer up the guy…

> ^ lmao at this**…**

Just so you know; Reported.

On the topic, I see that many people base their play sessions on ranked games. I can understand it, but you can always play to improve your stats, clear out commendations, test out strategies, get better clearings for Spartan Ops/Campaign, Forge maps, make crazy gametypes, play said Forge maps and gametypes, grind the Challenges, give yourself meta-objectives (“In this game I will dedicate myself to the Warthog”), on and on.

Ranked games aren’t the end all unless all you care about is your rank (which I have a lot of things to say against that attitude but that’s another thread). Don’t write the game off for a reason like that, you still have things to do. And I say this for every game with multiplayer, don’t boil it down to some rank status. Give these things a try and have fun. Later.

> > You can always work on commendations, complete specializations, play Spartan Ops…
>
> I lol’d so hard…

CulturalLemur;2061853 wrote:
You can always work on commendations, complete specializations, play Spartan Ops…

I lol’d so hard…

Who the heck cares about that kind of stuff? The multiplayer component of a FPS is invariably the part people spend most time on. Ranks would keep anyone who really enjoys the game in it more. The funnest games are the ones with people your skill level exerting some level of energy into it. Now there are no ranks, and little reason to play it very much.

Its just a bunch of people with no mics quitting in and out of games. And sometimes I am one of them.

I always thought ranks were one of the most important things in the game. After Reach and H4 I realize they are arguably THE most important thing.

Haven’t you heard the good news? CSR, the Halo Reach Invisable Ranks are coming to Halo 4!

It’s exactly like Reach because to check your Reach 1-50 you had to go to HaloTracker.com, so just like Reach, it’s there but in the background so no one feels sad about obtaining a low rank! Everybody wins!

The only difference, the rank will be viewable on waypoint, not just Halo Tracker.

Guess What!!!

We get ranks! That you can only see on Waypoint…
We get classic FFA! Only on obj gametypes…
We get a Doubles playlist! That will be rotated in and out…
We get new maps! That are gigantic and not symmetrical…

Let us rejoice in this bad news!

It does not take skill to play a video game, they are for entertainment. The problem with the Halo community is that people like you think you need some rank next to your gamertag to feel special.

It takes skill to heal the sick, to build a house, to do something good in this world, not aim and shoot in a video game…

Just play the game and have fun.

way to less sarcasm there.

also there gonne implement a Lv system, but only you can see your own on waypoint. fack us right?

plz 343 dump on our face some more with H5 and H6…

> Haven’t you heard the good news? CSR, the Halo Reach Invisable Ranks are coming to Halo 4!
>
> It’s exactly like Reach because to check your Reach 1-50 you had to go to HaloTracker.com, so just like Reach, it’s there but in the background so no one feels sad about obtaining a low rank! Everybody wins!
>
> The only difference, the rank will be viewable on waypoint, not just Halo Tracker.

If that’s true I’m selling halo today to take anything from reach is a mistake that game killed halo Why would I want to look up a rank that defeats the purpose and if people feel sad about the rank they have they should play better or quit.

> Guess What!!!
>
> We get ranks! That you can only see on Waypoint…
> We get classic FFA! Only on obj gametypes…
> We get a Doubles playlist! That will be rotated in and out…
> We get new maps! That are gigantic and not symmetrical…
>
> Let us rejoice in this bad news!

Exactly this. I’m glad I’m not the only person who gets it! Thank you!

> It does not take skill to play a video game, they are for entertainment. The problem with the Halo community is that people like you think you need some rank next to your gamertag to feel special.
>
> It takes skill to heal the sick, to build a house, to do something good in this world, not aim and shoot in a video game…
>
> Just play the game and have fun.

I’m sorry I have to disagree with your statement about skill playing a video game. There is clearly skill involved in trying to be the best player you can be, coordinating tactics etc. and one other thing, you don’t have fun doing something if you have major issues with it. If for some people, which includes me, you do not have fun without skill levels, then you don’t have fun. How you can say ‘play the game and have fun’ when we are explaining why we aren’t having fun does feel a touch ignorant. Please underhand, we are not actually saying everyone should be forced to have a skill level, as I’m sure may want separate ranked and social game types. We are saying we want some of our views to be heard. Could I quickly ask you, would you be against having separate ranked and social gameplay?

> > It does not take skill to play a video game, they are for entertainment. The problem with the Halo community is that people like you think you need some rank next to your gamertag to feel special.
> >
> > It takes skill to heal the sick, to build a house, to do something good in this world, not aim and shoot in a video game…
> >
> > Just play the game and have fun.
>
> I’m sorry I have to disagree with your statement about skill playing a video game. There is clearly skill involved in trying to be the best player you can be, coordinating tactics etc. and one other thing, you don’t have fun doing something if you have major issues with it. If for some people, which includes me, you do not have fun without skill levels, then you don’t have fun. How you can say ‘play the game and have fun’ when we are explaining why we aren’t having fun does feel a touch ignorant. Please underhand, we are not actually saying everyone should be forced to have a skill level, as I’m sure may want separate ranked and social game types. We are saying we want some of our views to be heard. Could I quickly ask you, would you be against having separate ranked and social gameplay?

I wouldn’t be against having separate playlists, however for me it isn’t the end of the world if there aren’t separate playlists. Yeah it gets annoying when you get placed with a bunch of noobs and their guests in a game like team snipers, but to me a rank isn’t that important. I play to have fun, winning of course is more fun than losing, but if I lose I take solace in at least ending up positive in my k/d.

> > You can always work on commendations, complete specializations, play Spartan Ops…
>
> I can’t keep my eyes open long enough to even try and play boring spartan ops .Halo is about competitive multiplayer gameplay talking crap ranking up well i guess it used to be anyway now it’s just user friendly and boring.

This is so true the game is so dull without a rank system and that’s y reach was unplayable for at least me

If your only reason for playing is improving a silly number next to your name, then I feel you have bigger problems.