NO paper vehicles anymore please

2 sniper shots to kill a banshee? so why should i use the banshee? also with tanks,warthogs and all the other vehicles

also it would not fit into the canon,i can understand vehicles were week in 2552 at the fall of reach,but after halo 2 and 3 were you couldnt destroy vehicles with 2 sniper shot it should be also not possible in halo 4

so whos with me?

Even paper doesn’t explode after 2 shots. Seriously, this thread is an insult to paper.

I agree. If you want to stop a vehicle, you should be able to snipe the driver.

I agree. I hated how a decent sniper rifle operator could severely damage my tank, kill my banshee or even make my worthog do flips.

I have no problem with this.

As long as the Banshee goes back to being mediocre.

Totally agree. Vehicles in reach were so fragile feeling.

And it was way too easy to blow up tanks by hijacking them. I hated how you could plant a grenade before breaking the hatch open. It made no sense.

> 2 sniper shots to kill a banshee? so why should i use the banshee? also with tanks,warthogs and all the other vehicles
>
> also it would not fit into the canon,i can understand vehicles were week in 2552 at the fall of reach,but after halo 2 and 3 were you couldnt destroy vehicles with 2 sniper shot it should be also not possible in halo 4
>
> so whos with me?

It takes more than 2 sniper shots to kill a banshee. Plus that vehicle should be weak it’s incredapowerful, if you want more armor on it I’m cool with that but they should take away it’s flipping and bombs away as a result. As for the other vehicles yeah they could use a bit more armor but I still think that them taking damage from a team shooting it is a good thing.

> 2 sniper shots to kill a banshee? so why should i use the banshee? also with tanks,warthogs and all the other vehicles
>
> also it would not fit into the canon,i can understand vehicles were week in 2552 at the fall of reach,but after halo 2 and 3 were you couldnt destroy vehicles with 2 sniper shot it should be also not possible in halo 4
>
> so whos with me?

It takes 5 shots to destroy a Banshee and 7 shots to destroy a Warthog. I actually like that addition, it’s a damn futuristic sniper, it could easily do that amount of damage on vehicles.

While you’re at it can we please disable the whole Health bar being connected to the Vehicle. Sure you hit me fine, but shooting my tire and I’m suddenly going OWWWWW! sucks.

Technically it takes 5 shots to destroy a banshee. And for good reason. The banshee can be very OP in a lot of situations, like on spire in invasion.

And canonly it works and should work. In halo reach the sniper fire anti-material rounds.

Anti-material being the key words.

I can understand the use of vehicles are important but they shouldnt be used like a crutch. And the warthog felt op in halo 3. And the tank was at its best since halo 2. And most vehicles may feel weaker in reach, they made up for it in faster spawn times

that 2 shots thing was just sarcasm to show how ridiculous it is

I want Halo 3 vehicles back (except for the Ghost, I want the Halo 2 Ghost). :frowning:

Vehicles should feel powerful but they should also not be crutches. Reach didn’t do a good job of finding this balance, but neither did Halo 2 or 3. The best way to balance this is to make them more resistant to shots on the main body than in Reach but also have weak spots that accurate shots can exploit.

For example, the warthog should automatically flip and dump its passengers if you stick it or put a frag directly beneath it. Likewise, the tank hatch protecting the driver should be able to be shot off with the utility weapon (BR, DMR, Magnum) and thereby expose the driver to direct fire. For the ghost, the driver should be more exposed from the front so you can take him out with headshots…same thing with the Revnant.

REASON

> While you’re at it can we please disable the whole Health bar being connected to the Vehicle. Sure you hit me fine, but shooting my tire and I’m suddenly going OWWWWW! sucks.

> I agree. I hated how a <mark>decent sniper rifle operator</mark> could severely damage my tank, kill my banshee or even make my worthog do flips.

The worst part of them is that they have unlimited range, and wasting half your ammo by shooting a tank to death requires no skill at all. The sniper is easy enough to get headshots with in reach, so when you’re shooting a gigantic vehicle it’s almost impossible to miss.

I think that no matter how inexperienced a player is they can easily do this.

> REASON

Well the sniper rifle doesn’t have incendiary rounds. XD

> Vehicles should feel powerful but they should also not be crutches. Reach didn’t do a good job of finding this balance, but neither did Halo 2 or 3. The best way to balance this is to make them more resistant to shots on the main body than in Reach but also have weak spots that accurate shots can exploit.
>
> For example, the warthog should automatically flip and dump its passengers if you stick it or put a frag directly beneath it. Likewise, the tank hatch protecting the driver should be able to be shot off with the utility weapon (BR, DMR, Magnum) and thereby expose the driver to direct fire. For the ghost, the driver should be more exposed from the front so you can take him out with headshots…same thing with the Revnant.

Reach does a good job of not tying your shields to your vehicle heath, which Halo 2 and 3 did very annoyingly.Reach does do that, but its just a small percentage of damage going to your shields.

As for the Sniper Rifle issue with Vehicles, I suugest that it takes WAY more sniper shots to hurt an vehicle in the front and the sides.That way, sniper would have to snipe the driver, or the hatch protecting the driver, then the driver.

“Sniper as a vehicle killer” —> NO
“Sniper as a driver/passenger killer” —> YES

Bungie confused the two when they did Halo Reach I think.

> “Sniper as a vehicle killer” —> NO
> “Sniper as a driver/passenger killer” —> YES
>
> Bungie confused the two when they did Halo Reach I think.

yep definitely