No Paid MP Content Until Coop and Forge Return

As a gesture of appreciation to fans for patiently controlling frustration over the growing list of cut and delayed features, 343i should bundle the paid $60 solo campaign with the Season 1 Battle Pass and all its microtransactions for free. Charge away once Forge rolls out, whenever that is.

Does it make sense from a business perspective? Probably not, at least not initially. I’m sure there are hundreds of thousands of fans who will hand over their money this holiday season regardless of how incomplete the game is. But would it show a human side of the company that empathizes with some of the diehard fans who feel alienated and earn them back some credibility? Yes.

No human side required i feel some people on this forum seem to forget 343 are hard working people just like yourself and me.

Bundling campaign and battle pass will probably be a deluxe edition at time of release but i doubt we’ll see individual armour sets or whatever microtractions included with it.

As you can ask any Developer or publisher in the business they’ll tell you to for go the chance of selling these microtractions at start of the games release is just a missed opportunity of revenue when the game is probably at the highest point in sales/population

> 2535421108515819;1:
> As a gesture of appreciation to fans for patiently controlling frustration over the growing list of cut and delayed features, 343i should bundle the paid $60 solo campaign with the Season 1 Battle Pass and all its microtransactions for free. Charge away once Forge rolls out, whenever that is.
>
> Does it make sense from a business perspective? Probably not, at least not initially. I’m sure there are hundreds of thousands of fans who will hand over their money this holiday season regardless of how incomplete the game is. But would it show a human side of the company that empathizes with some of the diehard fans who feel alienated and earn them back some credibility? Yes.

Season 1 is free dude. Unyshek already confirmed this

Smh where do these people come from FML.

The most you’ll probably see is a double exp pack and I doubt much else.

> 2533274882898126;3:
> > 2535421108515819;1:
> > As a gesture of appreciation to fans for patiently controlling frustration over the growing list of cut and delayed features, 343i should bundle the paid $60 solo campaign with the Season 1 Battle Pass and all its microtransactions for free. Charge away once Forge rolls out, whenever that is.
> >
> > Does it make sense from a business perspective? Probably not, at least not initially. I’m sure there are hundreds of thousands of fans who will hand over their money this holiday season regardless of how incomplete the game is. But would it show a human side of the company that empathizes with some of the diehard fans who feel alienated and earn them back some credibility? Yes.
>
> Season 1 is free dude. Unyshek already confirmed this

wait, when? I can’t find it.

> 2533274937939153;6:
> > 2533274882898126;3:
> > > 2535421108515819;1:
> > > As a gesture of appreciation to fans for patiently controlling frustration over the growing list of cut and delayed features, 343i should bundle the paid $60 solo campaign with the Season 1 Battle Pass and all its microtransactions for free. Charge away once Forge rolls out, whenever that is.
> > >
> > > Does it make sense from a business perspective? Probably not, at least not initially. I’m sure there are hundreds of thousands of fans who will hand over their money this holiday season regardless of how incomplete the game is. But would it show a human side of the company that empathizes with some of the diehard fans who feel alienated and earn them back some credibility? Yes.
> >
> > Season 1 is free dude. Unyshek already confirmed this
>
> wait, when? I can’t find it.

I just fact checked myself and I can’t find it either, I just might be full of -Yoink- lmao

> 2533274882898126;7:
> > 2533274937939153;6:
> > > 2533274882898126;3:
> > > > 2535421108515819;1:
> > > > As a gesture of appreciation to fans for patiently controlling frustration over the growing list of cut and delayed features, 343i should bundle the paid $60 solo campaign with the Season 1 Battle Pass and all its microtransactions for free. Charge away once Forge rolls out, whenever that is.
> > > >
> > > > Does it make sense from a business perspective? Probably not, at least not initially. I’m sure there are hundreds of thousands of fans who will hand over their money this holiday season regardless of how incomplete the game is. But would it show a human side of the company that empathizes with some of the diehard fans who feel alienated and earn them back some credibility? Yes.
> > >
> > > Season 1 is free dude. Unyshek already confirmed this
> >
> > wait, when? I can’t find it.
>
> I just fact checked myself and I can’t find it either, I just might be full of -Yoink- lmao

I heard it too, season 1 is free.

Just for you, I will be a Halo Whale, I plan to drop $200 in their store day one (if there’s enough content to purchase) I want to support the devs as much as possible.

> 2533275030042825;9:
> Just for you, I will be a Halo Whale, I plan to drop $200 in their store day one (if there’s enough content to purchase) I want to support the devs as much as possible.

I’ll do you one better. I will set aside an entire paycheck to drop in the store on Day 1.

No cap though i’ve probably spent over $400 on Warframe in my life

> 2533274882898126;10:
> > 2533275030042825;9:
> > Just for you, I will be a Halo Whale, I plan to drop $200 in their store day one (if there’s enough content to purchase) I want to support the devs as much as possible.
>
> I’ll do you one better. I will set aside an entire paycheck to drop in the store on Day 1.
>
> No cap though i’ve probably spent over $400 on Warframe in my life

Ayyyeeee :smiley: lets support 343 and show our appreciation!

I’ve spent close to $1000 or more in Fortnite across my account and my two boys accounts.

> 2533275030042825;11:
> > 2533274882898126;10:
> > > 2533275030042825;9:
> > > Just for you, I will be a Halo Whale, I plan to drop $200 in their store day one (if there’s enough content to purchase) I want to support the devs as much as possible.
> >
> > I’ll do you one better. I will set aside an entire paycheck to drop in the store on Day 1.
> >
> > No cap though i’ve probably spent over $400 on Warframe in my life
>
> Ayyyeeee :smiley: lets support 343 and show our appreciation!
>
> I’ve spent close to $1000 or more in Fortnite across my account and my two boys accounts.

Three cheers for those things that we don’t need but can’t live without!
I’m one of the few people that actually enjoys micro transactions as long as they’re fair

> 2533274882898126;12:
> > 2533275030042825;11:
> > > 2533274882898126;10:
> > > > 2533275030042825;9:
> > > > Just for you, I will be a Halo Whale, I plan to drop $200 in their store day one (if there’s enough content to purchase) I want to support the devs as much as possible.
> > >
> > > I’ll do you one better. I will set aside an entire paycheck to drop in the store on Day 1.
> > >
> > > No cap though i’ve probably spent over $400 on Warframe in my life
> >
> > Ayyyeeee :smiley: lets support 343 and show our appreciation!
> >
> > I’ve spent close to $1000 or more in Fortnite across my account and my two boys accounts.
>
> Three cheers for those things that we don’t need but can’t live without!
> I’m one of the few people that actually enjoys micro transactions as long as they’re fair

I agree with you in full. Let us enjoy Halo and everything it brings.

> 2533275030042825;13:
> > 2533274882898126;12:
> > > 2533275030042825;11:
> > > > 2533274882898126;10:
> > > > > 2533275030042825;9:
> > > > > Just for you, I will be a Halo Whale, I plan to drop $200 in their store day one (if there’s enough content to purchase) I want to support the devs as much as possible.
> > > >
> > > > I’ll do you one better. I will set aside an entire paycheck to drop in the store on Day 1.
> > > >
> > > > No cap though i’ve probably spent over $400 on Warframe in my life
> > >
> > > Ayyyeeee :smiley: lets support 343 and show our appreciation!
> > >
> > > I’ve spent close to $1000 or more in Fortnite across my account and my two boys accounts.
> >
> > Three cheers for those things that we don’t need but can’t live without!
> > I’m one of the few people that actually enjoys micro transactions as long as they’re fair
>
> I agree with you in full. Let us enjoy Halo and everything it brings.

That’s awesome. Like I said, I am fully aware that there are people who will buy up whatever it is 343 delivers this holiday. I actually rely on and appreciate people like you. On top of my normal salary, I spend about an hour each week pulling both fitness plans and PC workspace advice out of my butt and sell it back to people who mistakenly value it for a lot more money than it’s worth. Keep doing you.

> 2533274882898126;10:
> > 2533275030042825;9:
> > Just for you, I will be a Halo Whale, I plan to drop $200 in their store day one (if there’s enough content to purchase) I want to support the devs as much as possible.
>
> I’ll do you one better. I will set aside an entire paycheck to drop in the store on Day 1.
>
> No cap though i’ve probably spent over $400 on Warframe in my life

lol, no shame in that my dude/dudette, I mean, have you seen the trade chat lately? It’s almost impossible to get decent trades unless you barter for days sometimes. People who mass sell new or even old Frames ruin the market by demanding you pay 5x’s the amount for their sets while simultaneously expecting they should only have to pay 15-30% what the item they’re after is actually worth. It’s crazy. As someone who has spent almost 6 years playing the game without spending a dime, I’ve grown tired of it and just started buying the new Prime packs so I get all that sweet, sweet Plat plus all the goodies that come with the new Primes lol.

I’m not afraid to spend money on a game that I like and invest time into, but if I can earn it by playing/trading, then I’ll usually go that route first. The only time I’ll be disappointed in others for putting money out in games is if they do it just to poo-poo on those who put effort into the game (Neverwinter was a huge troublemaker for this. Especially when they added another tier of gem that required so much resources to make to have a decent build.)

So hell, if I see potential in the game and I want items I can’t just work for? I’ll drop some cash on the game. If it ever falls off the Game Pass (I doubt it will), I’ll buy the most expensive version.

> 2533274882898126;3:
> > 2535421108515819;1:
> > As a gesture of appreciation to fans for patiently controlling frustration over the growing list of cut and delayed features, 343i should bundle the paid $60 solo campaign with the Season 1 Battle Pass and all its microtransactions for free. Charge away once Forge rolls out, whenever that is.
> >
> > Does it make sense from a business perspective? Probably not, at least not initially. I’m sure there are hundreds of thousands of fans who will hand over their money this holiday season regardless of how incomplete the game is. But would it show a human side of the company that empathizes with some of the diehard fans who feel alienated and earn them back some credibility? Yes.
>
> Season 1 is free dude. Unyshek already confirmed this

And not the following seasons?

if I like I´ll pay,
developers eat and have families to feed, everyone should get paid for their work,

The entitlement is insane.

I understand where you’re coming from op, but it is a pipe dream. Especially because it is not fully up to 343. Just like it isn’t entirely up to them whether to delay or not. Don’t lay all the blame at the developer’s feet, they are doing the best they can under the direction of their parent company.

> 2533274882898126;12:
> > 2533275030042825;11:
> > > 2533274882898126;10:
> > > > 2533275030042825;9:
> > > > Just for you, I will be a Halo Whale, I plan to drop $200 in their store day one (if there’s enough content to purchase) I want to support the devs as much as possible.
> > >
> > > I’ll do you one better. I will set aside an entire paycheck to drop in the store on Day 1.
> > >
> > > No cap though i’ve probably spent over $400 on Warframe in my life
> >
> > Ayyyeeee :smiley: lets support 343 and show our appreciation!
> >
> > I’ve spent close to $1000 or more in Fortnite across my account and my two boys accounts.
>
> Three cheers for those things that we don’t need but can’t live without!
> I’m one of the few people that actually enjoys micro transactions as long as they’re fair

I don’t understand the problem with non gameplay effecting micro transactions. If you don’t like it, don’t buy it and the creators will be devastated by the lack of sales if you have enough like minded people. And you still got to play the game with no negative effects. if whales save the game creators, it still has no negative effect on you.

I have never purchased micro transactions from games I dont like and I never purchase things I dont like. So maybe this is unique behavior :man_shrugging: