No ONI symbol in trailer?

I noticed that in the trailer, Locke’s armor doesn’t have the ONI symbol on his chest. Do you think this means that he is gonna be leaving ONI?

Maybe he doesn’t have it because the trailer isn’t an accurate representation of the game? On the flip side, they do say in Nightfall, that he questions a lot of what he knows about the UNSC, so we’ll see.

I’ve noticed that as well, but I don’t think it has anything to do with him possibly leaving ONI. Perhaps he doesn’t have it on his armour since showing off that he’s ONI may be dangerous. After all, ONI did fuel the Sangheili civil war… The Arbiter might not be too keen to help him if he knew that Locke was Oni, so perhaps he’s trying to stay undercover or hide his true identity?

> I’ve noticed that as well, but I don’t think it has anything to do with him possibly leaving ONI. Perhaps he doesn’t have it on his armour since showing off that he’s ONI may be dangerous. After all, ONI did fuel the Sangheili civil war… The Arbiter might not be too keen to help him if he knew that Locke was Oni, so perhaps he’s trying to stay undercover or hide his true identity?

This, I don’t think Arbiter would be too happy. ONI may be the good guys but they have a tendency of doing bad things to get to the good things if that makes any sense.

-Bradley

I like the idea of him leaving ONI after he learns how boss Master Chief is.(he wants to make a Spartan friend)

I also am interested in the lights on the back of his armor. It almost reminds me of Forerunner design the way the blue lights line it. I am assuming in any case, it was still developed by ONI, so the emblem on it may not be completely necessary to show that he is from ONI. I do think it is possible that he may have quit too.

> > I’ve noticed that as well, but I don’t think it has anything to do with him possibly leaving ONI. Perhaps he doesn’t have it on his armour since showing off that he’s ONI may be dangerous. After all, ONI did fuel the Sangheili civil war… The Arbiter might not be too keen to help him if he knew that Locke was Oni, so perhaps he’s trying to stay undercover or hide his true identity?
>
> This, I don’t think Arbiter would be too happy. ONI may be the good guys but they have a tendency of doing bad things to get to the good things if that makes any sense.
>
> -Bradley

Well ONI are the ‘good’ guys.

They may be on the side of humanity, but in reality organisations like ONI are the people who come up with the worst stuff in the times of war. They’re generally the people who see units as numbers and success probabilities, not people. The moment you do something they don’t want, you’re -Yoink- is toast.

I mean ONI aren’t even liked by the military, no matter how needed they are in wartime.