No new factions coming confirmed by 343

Just because it was in another thread and I felt it was important enough to break out on its own.

Sketch confirmed there will NOT be any more playable factions. Disappointing but not unexpected.

> hey guys - I’m all for transparency and realistic expectations - I’m genuinely excited about the content that’s yet to come for Halo Wars 2 but I can go ahead and confirm that there will not be any other playable factions in the game. I definitely get the excitement and desire (and I personally share it!) but it’s not in the plans for HW2.

Here’s hoping for some great final 4 leaders!

> 2533274806879197;1:
> Just because it was in another thread and I felt it was important enough to break out on its own.
>
> Sketch confirmed there will NOT be any more playable factions. Disappointing but not unexpected.
>
>
>
>
> > hey guys - I’m all for transparency and realistic expectations - I’m genuinely excited about the content that’s yet to come for Halo Wars 2 but I can go ahead and confirm that there will not be any other playable factions in the game. I definitely get the excitement and desire (and I personally share it!) but it’s not in the plans for HW2.
>
> Here’s hoping for some great final 4 leaders!

I’m glad they’ve done this. Otherwise the game would of just gotten silly. The only sad thing about this is no flood but that just adds to their infamy as a evil species. When you make something like the flood playable it makes them loose their sense of self and mystery. No doubt though this thread will get bombarded with hate posts.

I’m ok with this.

And let that be the end of it!

It won’t stop players from fantasizing about it though

I think people who wanted an entirely new faction had unrealistic expectations anyway.
Would have been nice to see Arbiter with reskinned units, but alas. I’m still holding out hope for Serina with Hawk and Elephant units at least.

Speaking personally, I never wanted a flood faction. But Prometheans would have been fun. Give me some phaetons!

I guess theoretically we could get Cortana and that would be her special unit. A guy can dream.

I’m glad they came out and said it! Anyone with realistic expectations knew this was coming, but I’m glad it will let people know so they don’t feel betrayed a few months down the line.

Just want my elephants, vampires, and brute infantry back.

> 2533274806879197;1:
> Just because it was in another thread and I felt it was important enough to break out on its own.
>
> Sketch confirmed there will NOT be any more playable factions. Disappointing but not unexpected.
>
>
>
>
> > hey guys - I’m all for transparency and realistic expectations - I’m genuinely excited about the content that’s yet to come for Halo Wars 2 but I can go ahead and confirm that there will not be any other playable factions in the game. I definitely get the excitement and desire (and I personally share it!) but it’s not in the plans for HW2.
>
> Here’s hoping for some great final 4 leaders!

sad face

> 2533274875970588;9:
> > 2533274806879197;1:
> > Just because it was in another thread and I felt it was important enough to break out on its own.
> >
> > Sketch confirmed there will NOT be any more playable factions. Disappointing but not unexpected.
> >
> >
> >
> >
> > > hey guys - I’m all for transparency and realistic expectations - I’m genuinely excited about the content that’s yet to come for Halo Wars 2 but I can go ahead and confirm that there will not be any other playable factions in the game. I definitely get the excitement and desire (and I personally share it!) but it’s not in the plans for HW2.
> >
> > Here’s hoping for some great final 4 leaders!
>
> sad face

mega sad face

I had high hopes for a 3rd faction but in time became less convinced it would happen so I’m not surprised in the end. It’s okay I can understand.

With that being said, the new leaders have been great and having plenty to choose from is always good. The different playstyles they each have does a better job than any other RTS at making a 2 factionn game feel refreshing and different. They sometimes do feel like a mini faction. (Especially Colony)

However, if they don’t add some new maps… None of this will matter. This game badly, horribly, seriously needs new maps. We are now at a point people… where we already have more leaders to play as… than we have maps to play them against each other on. Let that sink in for a moment.

343 I sure hope you have some new maps in the pipeline… at least with this mini campaign you have coming up. Throw in some themed maps to go along with it…

Meh. I honestly stopped caring. At the end of the day, dreaming big proves to be a fatal path to follow.

Dream small, guys. Maybe we can get some cool UNSC or Banished leaders, 343 has proven that is possible, but anything else? Nah. As much as I wanted to Flood the battlefield with infection forms (heh heh heh), I didn’t think it would happen.