no new armor?

so on 3/15 i purchase my defiant map pack and notice my three new awesome maps. got my self a nice new avatar item (honestly i wouldnt have bought the jet pack if i would have known my avatar woulndt actualy wear it) plus a silver mark 6 costume. turn on my halo: reach go strait to my armory and notice that their is no new armor. now im not mad im just not informed. so the only questions i have are
1)when can i get the helmet so i can quit buying dlc after dlc? (nothing personal i love halo but i have college to pay for)
2) when did they give the news thier wouldnt be aromr included?
3) and were on waypoint do i find this kind of news?

thank you all for your time and patince.

Yes there were leaked pics of a “new” helmet, but no where did anyone working for 343i or BUNGIE say that it came with the new map pack. Sorry buddy.

I’m sorry that you thought you would be getting new armor, but there were made any announcement that there were new armor in the Defiant Map Pack. It was a rumor that spread as wildfire. It was clarified here on the forum numerous times, and had you read through the content of your DLC before you bought it, you would’ve seen it. You need to be more careful about trusting rumors on the internet. It’s a lesson we’ve all learned at some point.

Rumours that Bungie started by having a pic of that helmet on their own site? Or Frankie confirming that new armor was out there?

If it was in fact a rumour, then its a dirty tactic.

Expect a lot of new stuff, because I have seen a couple Helmet Tiers not in-game at this moment. The Defiant helmet ain’t the only thing that is coming soon.

@Ktan

Care to elaborate slightly? I’m also under the impression that some new stuff is on the way, based purely on speculation and the odd interview from 343 staff (Frankie!)

But do you have some hard proof or is it also just hear say?

What do you mean by new Helmet tiers? Should I be saving my credits!?

> @Ktan
>
> Care to elaborate slightly? I’m also under the impression that some new stuff is on the way, based purely on speculation and the odd interview from 343 staff (Frankie!)
>
> But do you have some hard proof or is it also just hear say?
>
> What do you mean by new Helmet tiers? Should I be saving my credits!?

In the final Lone Wolf cutscene, you may get a random helmet that may or may not be available in the Armory. According to what I heard in the Legendary Edition Commentary, they filmed those cutscenes using game-play, and recorded that cutscene using every helmet and visor color combination in the game. That said, it means there are Helmets and Helmet Tiers that Bungie has access to, but we do not currently.

> so on 3/15 i purchase my defiant map pack and notice my three new awesome maps. got my self a nice new avatar item (honestly i wouldnt have bought the jet pack if i would have known my avatar woulndt actualy wear it) plus a silver mark 6 costume. turn on my halo: reach go strait to my armory and notice that their is no new armor. now im not mad im just not informed. so the only questions i have are
> 1)when can i get the helmet so i can quit buying dlc after dlc? (nothing personal i love halo but i have college to pay for)
> 2) when did they give the news thier wouldnt be aromr included?
> 3) and were on waypoint do i find this kind of news?
>
> thank you all for your time and patince.

Unfortunately there was lots of rumor and speculation surrounding the armor issue. As far as when you can expect to see the helmet, I dunno. Bungie made mention of unlocking pieces of armor once the community has reached certain milestones, i.e. killing 7 billion grunts. So whatever their or 343’s magic number or challenge is, it’s still unknown to us.

Bungie also mentioned in their Weekly Update that there would be no new armor added for this map pack release.

"There is no new armor coming with the Defiant Map Pack. On March 15th, you can look forward to three new maps: Condemned (supports 6 - 12 players), Highlands (supports 8 - 16 players), and Unearthed (supports up to 4 players in Firefight mode"
Hope this helps!

Maybe next map pack?

> Maybe next map pack?

Doubtful. I think we get enough armor already. I am sure you haven’t done every single variation possible with all the different pieces for your Spartan. Lacking Elite armor is what I hope gets made up for next Halo game. I play as a Spartan, but I would like the customization for when I play as an Elite as well.

> Rumours that Bungie started by having a pic of that helmet on their own site? Or Frankie confirming that new armor was out there?
>
> If it was in fact a rumour, then its a dirty tactic.

Lol bungie didnst start the rumon. The new helm pic was brought out on Ign.com then everybody started posting on the Bnet forums cause thats where the halo community is mostly at and spread like crazy.

Yeah, and Bungie posted it on their front page and in a weekly update. So if it was unofficial, why would they do that?

It was to erupt discussion and make people want to purchase the Defiant Map Pack. :slight_smile:

If that is the case, its a bit of a dirty tactic.

> If that is the case, its a bit of a dirty tactic.

It’s not dirty. And from what I remember, armor isn’t supposed to be DLC. It’s already unlockable, but not active yet. so them showing you the picture is just a preview of what is to come. Think of it like a teaser trailer.

> According to what I heard in the Legendary Edition Commentary, they filmed those cutscenes using game-play, and recorded that cutscene using every helmet and visor color combination in the game. That said, it means there are Helmets and Helmet Tiers that Bungie has access to, but we do not currently

That is in reference to permutations of attachments and accessories on a the dead Spartans. It has nothing to do with the new helmet seen in the pictures. You can get any combination of helmet and attachment on the dead Spartans. You could also gets ones with only one side of their armour lined with grenades.

About new armour:

First, it is a different shade blue than the players own armour. Second, it has been established that new armour would require redownloading all the existing maps with the new armour encoded within. Third, it is likely that CA can make their own armour with the tools the have access to.

Apparently Rooster Teeth has the actual Tool System on their PCs too from what I’ve seen (I bet they’re MACs). They can literally create their machimas with the Halo Reach source code. I’m mixed on that if true. Yaaa Reboot Style Halo. Booo at not having an Indie-style ode to your game.

Is it too much to ask for both :wink: