No more Team Demon and Team Fury?

From this video @ PAX, we can see that Team Demon and Team Fury have been reverted back to Red Team and Blue Team.

Im sure a lot of people are happy about this. Although, not sure if this is a placeholder and if Demon and Fury will be back in the final build.

I kind of liked the idea of Demon and Fury, but that’s just me.

Nope, Frankie said those were placeholder names

> Nope, Frankie said those were placeholder names

What were, Demon/Fury or Red/Blue? Personally though, I hope we can choose our own team names in custom game options. Preferably allow us to type in our own (it would [Yoink!] bad words), but a large list of chooseable names would be fine.

> > Nope, Frankie said those were placeholder names
>
> What were, Demon/Fury or Red/Blue? Personally though, I hope we can choose our own team names in custom game options. Preferably allow us to type in our own (it would [Yoink!] bad words), but a large list of chooseable names would be fine.

Demon/Fury were the placeholders.

Demon and Fury were pointless additions anyway.

> > > Nope, Frankie said those were placeholder names
> >
> > What were, Demon/Fury or Red/Blue? Personally though, I hope we can choose our own team names in custom game options. Preferably allow us to type in our own (it would [Yoink!] bad words), but a large list of chooseable names would be fine.
>
> Demon/Fury were the placeholders.

Oh I see. Haha, what was the point of having placeholders for Red and Blue?

> Nope, Frankie said those were placeholder names

Thank God I loved Demon and Fury

> > Nope, Frankie said those were placeholder names
>
> Thank God I loved Demon and Fury

That means that it WON’T be Demon and Fury

What I think, is the names should be featured as part of the Grifball mode/playlist. That would make a lot more sense, and be a cool unique feature to that mode. Since it is supposed to be a “sport”. Why not let it have team names that each team can vote on before the match? Each team having select options, and maybe even colors to go along with the name. I think that would be pretty awesome.

Team 1 (warmer colors):

Red Demons
Yellow Hornets
Pink Predators
Brown Bulls

Team 2 (cooler colors):

Blue Fury
Green Gorillas
Purple Hunters
White Tigers

Obviously you could come up with better options/names than that, but that’s just an example. Gives the teams personality, color options to mix things up, and an identity. I definitely would think that would be cool, and add to the idea that Grifball is an actual event/sport. Now that it is it’s own mode, why not?

I’d get behind that. Here’s my names (I kept some):

Red Rangers
Yellow Yankees
Pink Pain
Brown Bulls

Blue Blazers
Green Gorillas
Purple Predators
White Wanderers

I thought Demon and Fury were cool. A little less bland than “red team and blue team.”

> > > Nope, Frankie said those were placeholder names
> >
> > What were, Demon/Fury or Red/Blue? Personally though, I hope we can choose our own team names in custom game options. Preferably allow us to type in our own (it would [Yoink!] bad words), but a large list of chooseable names would be fine.
>
> Demon/Fury were the placeholders.

why were they place holders? it dosnt make sense why not have the names red and blue in the first place why make creative names when they are gonna be reverted back, in fact why do they even have place holder names for the teams anyway?

red and blue sound more like placeholder names.

> > > > Nope, Frankie said those were placeholder names
> > >
> > > What were, Demon/Fury or Red/Blue? Personally though, I hope we can choose our own team names in custom game options. Preferably allow us to type in our own (it would [Yoink!] bad words), but a large list of chooseable names would be fine.
> >
> > Demon/Fury were the placeholders.
>
> why were they place holders? it dosnt make sense why not have the names red and blue in the first place why make creative names when they are gonna be reverted back, in fact why do they even have place holder names for the teams anyway?
>
> red and blue sound more like placeholder names.

QFT

I’m kind a glad as I didn’t want my tough old spartan to be a unicorn, it’s halo not my little pony.

Fine, well I’m going to make my own teams! With blackjack and hookers! In fact, forget the teams!

They had Shark and Manta Ray for CTF on Exile so.

With whatever name 343i gives them, you know you’re just going to call them red and blue.

The names don’t really matter to me.
I thought the whole Demon/Fury thing was new and interesting, but Red and Blue is ok.

What I care about is the animal pictures they set for the teams.
First it was Unicorns and something else.
Now it’s Sharks and Rays.
Will we be able to change the animal in Customs?
And in MM, will they be randomized?

> What I think, is the names should be featured as part of the Grifball mode/playlist. That would make a lot more sense, and be a cool unique feature to that mode. Since it is supposed to be a “sport”. Why not let it have team names that each team can vote on before the match? Each team having select options, and maybe even colors to go along with the name. I think that would be pretty awesome.
>
> Team 1 (warmer colors):
>
> Red Demons
> Yellow Hornets
> Pink Predators
> Brown Bulls
>
> Team 2 (cooler colors):
>
> Blue Fury
> Green Gorillas
> Purple Hunters
> White Tigers
>
> Obviously you could come up with better options/names than that, but that’s just an example. Gives the teams personality, color options to mix things up, and an identity. I definitely would think that would be cool, and add to the idea that Grifball is an actual event/sport. Now that it is it’s own mode, why not?

Pink Predators XD

The true squad names are Majestic and Crimson