No more slide boosts.

The new update notes are up. It includes a blurb about fixing fast fall and slide boosts. Is this good or bad in your opinion? Personally I’m going to miss slide boosting across the map.

Seeing as how it’s a skill move, I think they should have left it in there.

well, no more rushing then ^^

Had to youtube it because ive never seen it done. Interesting. I see why they took it out though.

> 2533274792641480;2:
> Seeing as how it’s a skill move, I think they should have left it in there.

I agree. It was incredibly useful for rushing in breakout.

How did you do it? I heard about slide jumps in speed runs but I thought it was just landing on transitions to speed up slightly

> 2533274857405414;6:
> How did you do it? I heard about slide jumps in speed runs but I thought it was just landing on transitions to speed up slightly

At the edge of a drop you could fall very quickly by running thrusting and crouching at the right time. At ramps and downward slopes you could run, thrust, crouch, and jump and fly across the map at high speeds. All it took was some decent timing and turning off maintain sprint and toggle crouch.

Damn that sounds cool, but I can see why it would be removed. Sliding on metal surfaces would make sense to me though.

I would’ve liked it staying in I didnt use it often but I did think it was super cool when I did.

I would prefer it to have stayed in since it would have made some cool vids as well as helped with parkour maps.

> 2533274846173289;9:
> I would’ve liked it staying in I didnt use it often but I did think it was super cool when I did.

I had got into the habit of using it, now I’m going to have to make a conscious effort not to lol.

> 2533274857405414;8:
> Damn that sounds cool, but I can see why it would be removed. Sliding on metal surfaces would make sense to me though.

It was really fun to do. I’m going to miss it :frowning:

well now slide is useless.

I think fixing the possible map exploits that were available using slide boost rather than removing it would have been much nicer. The slide took some practice and coordination, but if you took the time to practice it, then it had its place in a lot of strategies, especially rushing power weapons.

I’m actually in disagreement with this… This could hardly be exploited, the chances of it working were every so often, it’s not as if it worked 100% of the time. And if you did run back and fourth on a ledge to attempt to do it, you might as well of just ran to the other side, would of saved your time. I have no idea why they moved it, I saw almost no play of it in games, and if it was used you would rarely get any benefit out of it. This could of been so good for custom game modes but they just decided to remove it for the sake of it, this is like removing Halo’s crouch jump.

> 2533274922548956;10:
> I would prefer it to have stayed in since it would have made some cool vids as well as helped with parkour maps.

I never even thought about how useful it could be in parkour maps. That makes me even sadder.

> 2533274867011991;14:
> I’m actually in disagreement with this… This could hardly be exploited, the chances of it working were every so often, it’s not as if it worked 100% of the time. And if you did run back and fourth on a ledge to attempt to do it, you might as well of just ran to the other side, would of saved your time. I have no idea why they moved it, I saw almost no play of it in games, and if it was used you would rarely get any benefit out of it. This could of been so good for custom game modes but they just decided to remove it for the sake of it, this is like removing Halo’s crouch jump.

I agree with your overall opinion, but I disagree that it only worked every so often. I hardly ever had problems with it working. I found it useful when attacking the fortress on warzone assault. You could slide boost to the platform the marine spawned on to get to the back a little bit quicker and avoid detection.

Wow that is so stupid, it shouldn’t even be considered an exploit. But leave it to 343…

> 2533274839077070;16:
> > 2533274867011991;14:
> > I’m actually in disagreement with this… This could hardly be exploited, the chances of it working were every so often, it’s not as if it worked 100% of the time. And if you did run back and fourth on a ledge to attempt to do it, you might as well of just ran to the other side, would of saved your time. I have no idea why they moved it, I saw almost no play of it in games, and if it was used you would rarely get any benefit out of it. This could of been so good for custom game modes but they just decided to remove it for the sake of it, this is like removing Halo’s crouch jump.
>
>
> I agree with your overall opinion, but I disagree that it only worked every so often. I hardly ever had problems with it working. I found it useful when attacking the fortress on warzone assault. You could slide boost to the platform the marine spawned on to get to the back a little bit quicker and avoid detection.

You must of been good at it, I could only get it to work every so often. And exactly i would do the same. I would use it mainly in competitive play to get to strong hold to strong hold, or even found a few ways to cross map in community breakout. I just don’t see why they had to remove something that no one complained about.

I am super dissapointed that it’s gone. It was honestly one of my favorite things to do in the game, and was really satisfying.

Less 1vs2… Thats good side.