No more room for ranks....

OK so when we had this discussion about 343 not implementing visible ranks because there is no more room to expand… why are they adding more DLC like maps , armor , skins and gamer types as there shouldn’t be any room. Am i just getting confused or something or do i have a valid point? lol

I think it’s more like they kept it a secret, than adding. Bungie couldn’t add new content so if 343i followed that path, it would be that.

> OK so when we had this discussion about 343 not implementing visible ranks because there is no more room to expand… why are they adding more DLC like maps , armor , skins and gamer types as there shouldn’t be any room. Am i just getting confused or something or do i have a valid point? lol

Adding a change in the UI isn’t the same as adding more content to a list of content.

It is more than likely that this was planned out well in advance and is part of the post-ship support.

To put it another way: it would be like if you were to walk in to a restaurant and they say they have no room yet you are staring at an empty table. They just are holding that table for a reservation.

One does not simply reconfigure the games user interface.

> One does not simply reconfigure the games user interface.

Except they did it in halo 3 which would have been harder then than now. The UI runs as a map file. They seem to be just injecting the new armor and all that into the current maps so please tell me why they couldn’t add a simple symbol which by the way would be 100X easier than armor. The fact of the manner op is that they dont want to, most likely to keep CSR from hurting anyones feelings because they may not be good enough to get a high rank.

> > One does not simply reconfigure the games user interface.
>
> Except they did it in halo 3 which would have been harder then than now. The UI runs as a map file. They seem to be just injecting the new armor and all that into the current maps so please tell me why they couldn’t add a simple symbol which by the way would be 100X easier than armor. The fact of the manner op is that they dont want to, most likely to keep CSR from hurting anyones feelings because they may not be good enough to get a high rank.

Another plausible theory.