No More REQs in Halo 6!

Back in Halo 3, your armor served as a physical representation of your in-game accomplishments. You looked at the player decked out in EOD or Recon and you knew that they had to fight for it. As a result, a simple cosmetic change made people willingly go through hell and back. That explosives-handling armor alone made people come together to push their way through hours of pain and frustration. However, memories were made and in the end they all wore their blocky trophies with pride. Then Halo: Reach came along and started the trend of grind-for-armor. Fast forward to Halo 5: Guardians and the grinding continues. With a totally “optional” microtransaction system, Halo 5 gives two options: Grind for days for a single common helmet or spend hundreds on REQ packs to maybe get it. Now, not only does your badass Spartan mean nothing, but you’ve successfully wasted time/money for nothing but crushing disappointment. Now, I know what you’re saying: “Then don’t grind/pay for them!” In response, I ask this: “Why should I have to? Why should I have to not customize my Spartan all because of a sleazy unlock system that’s designed to milk gamers for all they’re worth?” That’s all I have to say.