NO MORE REMIXES PLEASEEEEEEEEEEE

Now before you guys jump down my throat hear me out!

I’d like to see a larger variety of maps and more originality. I feel like 343i comes up with a good idea for a map then instead of coming up with another good idea they capitalize on that good map and beat the poor thing to death. What I mean by this is, almost every maps has an evil twin or as they say “remix”.
Truth - Regret
Plaza - Overgrowth
Torque - Stasis
Empire - Eden
Fathom - Riptide

that’s a total of 10 maps but in reality its only 5.

Not a complaint, just looking for some feedback.

Bruh no one would beat you I think everyone hates remixes

Im fine with them i just wish they werent nearly all unsc themed or that the remix shared the exact same aesthetic.
But stand alone maps would be nice imo.

> 2533274852797395;1:
> Now before you guys jump down my throat hear me out!
>
> I’d like to see a larger variety of maps and more originality. I feel like 343i comes up with a good idea for a map then instead of coming up with another good idea they capitalize on that good map and beat the poor thing to death. What I mean by this is, almost every maps has an evil twin or as they say “remix”.
> Truth - Regret
> Plaza - Overgrowth
> Torque - Stasis
> Empire - Eden
> Fathom - Riptide
>
> that’s a total of 10 maps but in reality its only 5.
>
> Not a complaint, just looking for some feedback.

Woah woah woah, hold up a minute…

Overgrowth is a remix of Plaza?? Riptide a remix of Fathom??

> 2533274797328974;4:
> > 2533274852797395;1:
> > Now before you guys jump down my throat hear me out!
> >
> > I’d like to see a larger variety of maps and more originality. I feel like 343i comes up with a good idea for a map then instead of coming up with another good idea they capitalize on that good map and beat the poor thing to death. What I mean by this is, almost every maps has an evil twin or as they say “remix”.
> > Truth - Regret
> > Plaza - Overgrowth
> > Torque - Stasis
> > Empire - Eden
> > Fathom - Riptide
> >
> > that’s a total of 10 maps but in reality its only 5.
> >
> > Not a complaint, just looking for some feedback.
>
> Woah woah woah, hold up a minute…
>
> Overgrowth is a remix of Plaza?? Riptide a remix of Fathom??

And Molten is a remix of The Rig.

> 2533274797328974;4:
> > 2533274852797395;1:
> > Now before you guys jump down my throat hear me out!
> >
> > I’d like to see a larger variety of maps and more originality. I feel like 343i comes up with a good idea for a map then instead of coming up with another good idea they capitalize on that good map and beat the poor thing to death. What I mean by this is, almost every maps has an evil twin or as they say “remix”.
> > Truth - Regret
> > Plaza - Overgrowth
> > Torque - Stasis
> > Empire - Eden
> > Fathom - Riptide
> >
> > that’s a total of 10 maps but in reality its only 5.
> >
> > Not a complaint, just looking for some feedback.
>
> Woah woah woah, hold up a minute…
>
> Overgrowth is a remix of Plaza?? Riptide a remix of Fathom??

Riptide indeed is a remix of Fathom, its like a more forgotten/destroyed version of it, and the similarities are there, but I agree with you, I can’t find the resemblance between Overgrowth and Plaza

> 2535437652903765;5:
> > 2533274797328974;4:
> > > 2533274852797395;1:
> > > Now before you guys jump down my throat hear me out!
> > >
> > > I’d like to see a larger variety of maps and more originality. I feel like 343i comes up with a good idea for a map then instead of coming up with another good idea they capitalize on that good map and beat the poor thing to death. What I mean by this is, almost every maps has an evil twin or as they say “remix”.
> > > Truth - Regret
> > > Plaza - Overgrowth
> > > Torque - Stasis
> > > Empire - Eden
> > > Fathom - Riptide
> > >
> > > that’s a total of 10 maps but in reality its only 5.
> > >
> > > Not a complaint, just looking for some feedback.
> >
> > Woah woah woah, hold up a minute…
> >
> > Overgrowth is a remix of Plaza?? Riptide a remix of Fathom??
>
> And Molten is a remix of The Rig.

The other ones are quite noticeable… But this entire time I would have never realized the OG-Plaza and RT-Fathom connections…

At least they play a lot different IMO. Like I said I never even realized it.

As much as I like the looks of the remixes - they are pretty darn cool looking, especially Overgrowth, Molten, and Mercy - I agree I’d like to see some fully unique new maps. Maybe some hand crafted BTB maps…?

I think personally riptide and overgrowth don’t feel like remixes, yes they both use the same assets but it still gives a unique feel to it. truth ( although it is a remake of midship) I hate because the BR overpowers the carbine and the sword can easily overpower the plasma caster if your not really skilled with it.
Regret I just hate purely because as soon as game starts, it’s a race for overshield, and fuel rod is too op for that small of a map.
Just my opinion

> 2533274850869596;8:
> As much as I like the looks of the remixes - they are pretty darn cool looking, especially Overgrowth, Molten, and Mercy - I agree I’d like to see some fully unique new maps. Maybe some hand crafted BTB maps…?

Agreed, I am sick on playing on Boulevard, ever 3 games

> 2535421468038469;6:
> > 2533274797328974;4:
> > > 2533274852797395;1:
> > > Now before you guys jump down my throat hear me out!
> > >
> > > I’d like to see a larger variety of maps and more originality. I feel like 343i comes up with a good idea for a map then instead of coming up with another good idea they capitalize on that good map and beat the poor thing to death. What I mean by this is, almost every maps has an evil twin or as they say “remix”.
> > > Truth - Regret
> > > Plaza - Overgrowth
> > > Torque - Stasis
> > > Empire - Eden
> > > Fathom - Riptide
> > >
> > > that’s a total of 10 maps but in reality its only 5.
> > >
> > > Not a complaint, just looking for some feedback.
> >
> > Woah woah woah, hold up a minute…
> >
> > Overgrowth is a remix of Plaza?? Riptide a remix of Fathom??
>
> Riptide in did is a remix of Fathom, its like a more forgotten/destroyed version of it, and the similarities are there, but I agree with you, I can’t find the resemblance between Overgrowth and Plaza

Yeah, IDK… Fathom is the most symmetrical map in the game and Riptide is anything but… so you can see why I would have never noticed.

That’s ironic tho because Plaza is my favorite arena map and Overgrowth is probably my least favorite.

> 2533274852797395;1:
> Now before you guys jump down my throat hear me out!
>
> I’d like to see a larger variety of maps and more originality. I feel like 343i comes up with a good idea for a map then instead of coming up with another good idea they capitalize on that good map and beat the poor thing to death. What I mean by this is, almost every maps has an evil twin or as they say “remix”.
> Truth - Regret
> Plaza - Overgrowth
> Torque - Stasis
> Empire - Eden
> Fathom - Riptide
>
> that’s a total of 10 maps but in reality its only 5.
>
> Not a complaint, just looking for some feedback.

in addition, different environments. i think this problem is even worse because 80% of the maps use the same human-city look/feel to the structures. i’d like more outdoor environments like Halo 4’s abandon, which is mostly a forest (overgrowth doesn’t count, despite the plant life, it us still mostly human structures). or more maps that have promethean or covenant designs.

Remixes confuse me cause I forget what map I’m playing. I go to a section of the map thinking I’m playing the other map.

Sad thing is out of the maps I see only about 6 of them in rotation. I think I’ve only had riptide 2 times over a year so when ever I get it I normally do badly.

> 2533274829664406;12:
> > 2533274852797395;1:
> > Now before you guys jump down my throat hear me out!
> >
> > I’d like to see a larger variety of maps and more originality. I feel like 343i comes up with a good idea for a map then instead of coming up with another good idea they capitalize on that good map and beat the poor thing to death. What I mean by this is, almost every maps has an evil twin or as they say “remix”.
> > Truth - Regret
> > Plaza - Overgrowth
> > Torque - Stasis
> > Empire - Eden
> > Fathom - Riptide
> >
> > that’s a total of 10 maps but in reality its only 5.
> >
> > Not a complaint, just looking for some feedback.
>
> in addition, different environments. i think this problem is even worse because 80% of the maps use the same human-city look/feel to the structures. i’d like more outdoor environments like Halo 4’s abandon, which is mostly a forest (overgrowth doesn’t count, despite the plant life, it us still mostly human structures). or more maps that have promethean or covenant designs.

True, I would also like to see smoother and flashy maps, in my opinion, i’m not a fan of the amount of Forge-born maps i am playing on

Every one hates remixes, I hate them too, its basically recycling the same map with slightly different structures and theme but map being the same.

> 2535409489305717;15:
> Every one hates remixes, I hat them too, its basically recycling the same map with slightly different structures and theme but map being the same.

it’s just lazy game development, imo.

> 2535421468038469;10:
> > 2533274850869596;8:
> > As much as I like the looks of the remixes - they are pretty darn cool looking, especially Overgrowth, Molten, and Mercy - I agree I’d like to see some fully unique new maps. Maybe some hand crafted BTB maps…?
>
> Agreed, I am sick on playing on Boulevard, ever 3 games

One of two reasons why I don’t play the MCC much anymore: The same few maps ALWAYS get picked time and time again The other being rampant quitting.
*(Snipped most of the post since it ended up being an off-topic rant)*So yeah. I’d like to see some actual handcrafted BTB maps, rather than just Forge ones. Some of which are cool I’ll admit, but I’d like to see some some gorgeously crafted from the ground up ones like we see in Arena.

> 2533274850869596;8:
> As much as I like the looks of the remixes - they are pretty darn cool looking, especially Overgrowth, Molten, and Mercy - I agree I’d like to see some fully unique new maps. Maybe some hand crafted BTB maps…?

I’ve been waiting for a dev BTB map in Halo 5 for forever. I think they spent all their time on WZ maps though and left BTB to the forgers.

> 2533274961306591;18:
> > 2533274850869596;8:
> > As much as I like the looks of the remixes - they are pretty darn cool looking, especially Overgrowth, Molten, and Mercy - I agree I’d like to see some fully unique new maps. Maybe some hand crafted BTB maps…?
>
> I’ve been waiting for a dev BTB map in Halo 5 for forever. I think they spent all their time on WZ maps though and left BTB to the forgers.

Yeah, seems to be that way. I mean I do like Warzone - frustrating moments and all - but I’d like to see some quality BTB maps built from the ground up as well. I do like the CE ~ 3 Forge remakes sure, but I’d kill (not really) for a handmade BTB in the same level of detail as Mercy, Molten, etc.

> 2533274850869596;19:
> > 2533274961306591;18:
> > > 2533274850869596;8:
> > > As much as I like the looks of the remixes - they are pretty darn cool looking, especially Overgrowth, Molten, and Mercy - I agree I’d like to see some fully unique new maps. Maybe some hand crafted BTB maps…?
> >
> > I’ve been waiting for a dev BTB map in Halo 5 for forever. I think they spent all their time on WZ maps though and left BTB to the forgers.
>
> Yeah, seems to be that way. I mean I do like Warzone - frustrating moments and all - but I’d like to see some quality BTB maps built from the ground up as well. I do like the CE ~ 3 Forge remakes sure, but I’d kill (not really) for a handmade BTB in the same level of detail as Mercy, Molten, etc.

Right? I felt like they put a little extra effort into those maps. Just one BTB map with that kind of detail would be amazing.