No more remakes!

With CEA coming, I believe Reach has enough remakes. Leave some for future Halo games.

What do you think?

> With CEA coming, I believe halo has enough remakes. Leave some for future Halo games.
>
> What do you think?

FTFY.
and yes. They need to work as much as they can on halo 4 and not any more remakes. I doubt they were planning on another one soon, anyway.

Well, remaking Halo 2 would be great though and it would give 343i enough revenue for the rest of the Halo trilogy.

> Well, remaking Halo 2 would be great though and it would give 343i enough revenue for the rest of the Halo trilogy.

If i’m understanding correctly your talking about a campaign remastering of H2 like CEA. I’m not so sure H2 will be remade. First off, 343i is not going to make a good impression if all they plan on doing is making money of off something thats allready there. CE was an acception because it’s the first Halo game and it sure as hell deserved to be remastered. Thats not to say that they can’t make a H2 anniversary map pack (That I do expect). Also as drew dude said they need to envest as much time in making their next three games as good as possible and remaking H2 will take too much of that time.

Remakes are what keep great old maps alive! I wish they remade every map from every Halo game.

> > Well, remaking Halo 2 would be great though and it would give 343i enough revenue for the rest of the Halo trilogy.
>
> If i’m understanding correctly your talking about a campaign remastering of H2 like CEA. I’m not so sure H2 will be remade. First off, 343i is not going to make a good impression if all they plan on doing is making money of off something thats allready there. CE was an acception because it’s the first Halo game and it sure as hell deserved to be remastered. Thats not to say that they can’t make a H2 anniversary map pack (That I do expect). Also as drew dude said they need to envest as much time in making their next three games as good as possible and remaking H2 will take too much of that time.

It didn’t take them that much time to remaster halo ce. Halo 2 had a pretty good campaign also with DLC for Reach and/or Halo 4 that are based off of Halo 2 multiplayer maps.

> > > Well, remaking Halo 2 would be great though and it would give 343i enough revenue for the rest of the Halo trilogy.
> >
> > If i’m understanding correctly your talking about a campaign remastering of H2 like CEA. I’m not so sure H2 will be remade. First off, 343i is not going to make a good impression if all they plan on doing is making money of off something thats allready there. CE was an acception because it’s the first Halo game and it sure as hell deserved to be remastered. Thats not to say that they can’t make a H2 anniversary map pack (That I do expect). Also as drew dude said they need to envest as much time in making their next three games as good as possible and remaking H2 will take too much of that time.
>
> It didn’t take them that much time to remaster halo ce. Halo 2 had a pretty good campaign also with DLC for Reach and/or Halo 4 that are based off of Halo 2 multiplayer maps.

343i was working on CEA for 2 years. I’m not saying that it wouldn’t be cool for H2 to be remastered, it’s just that it would take too much time out of 343i making the next trilogy and they need to stick with their own games rather than just working off of Bungie’s accomplishments. As much as CEA is going to rock, it’s just another chance for Microsoft to make cash off Halo fans.

> > > > Well, remaking Halo 2 would be great though and it would give 343i enough revenue for the rest of the Halo trilogy.
> > >
> > > If i’m understanding correctly your talking about a campaign remastering of H2 like CEA. I’m not so sure H2 will be remade. First off, 343i is not going to make a good impression if all they plan on doing is making money of off something thats allready there. CE was an acception because it’s the first Halo game and it sure as hell deserved to be remastered. Thats not to say that they can’t make a H2 anniversary map pack (That I do expect). Also as drew dude said they need to envest as much time in making their next three games as good as possible and remaking H2 will take too much of that time.
> >
> > It didn’t take them that much time to remaster halo ce. Halo 2 had a pretty good campaign also with DLC for Reach and/or Halo 4 that are based off of Halo 2 multiplayer maps.
>
> 343i was working on CEA for 2 years. I’m not saying that it wouldn’t be cool for H2 to be remastered, it’s just that it would take too much time out of 343i making the next trilogy and they need to stick with their own games rather than just working off of Bungie’s accomplishments. As much as CEA is going to rock, it’s just another chance for Microsoft to make cash off Halo fans.

Where’s the source that Halo CEA was in development for two years?

> > > > > Well, remaking Halo 2 would be great though and it would give 343i enough revenue for the rest of the Halo trilogy.
> > > >
> > > > If i’m understanding correctly your talking about a campaign remastering of H2 like CEA. I’m not so sure H2 will be remade. First off, 343i is not going to make a good impression if all they plan on doing is making money of off something thats allready there. CE was an acception because it’s the first Halo game and it sure as hell deserved to be remastered. Thats not to say that they can’t make a H2 anniversary map pack (That I do expect). Also as drew dude said they need to envest as much time in making their next three games as good as possible and remaking H2 will take too much of that time.
> > >
> > > It didn’t take them that much time to remaster halo ce. Halo 2 had a pretty good campaign also with DLC for Reach and/or Halo 4 that are based off of Halo 2 multiplayer maps.
> >
> > 343i was working on CEA for 2 years. I’m not saying that it wouldn’t be cool for H2 to be remastered, it’s just that it would take too much time out of 343i making the next trilogy and they need to stick with their own games rather than just working off of Bungie’s accomplishments. As much as CEA is going to rock, it’s just another chance for Microsoft to make cash off Halo fans.
>
> Where’s the source that Halo CEA was in development for two years?

Watch the Vidoc for Anniversary.

I agreed. I want new fresh maps and no remakes. And for Halo 4 I hope they release it with as many maps as Halo 2 did. I’d be very disappointed if they cut corners like Bungie and decide to release horrible forge world iterations instead of real actual maps. In terms of maps, that plus multiplayer maps taken from campaign was two huge mistakes by Bungie. Let it no more be repeated.

I think this is the only time I’ll agree with you OP. Anniversary should be the only remake. They need to focus on the future.

> I think this is the only time I’ll agree with you OP. Anniversary should be the only remake. They need to focus on the future.

I know it might be nerdy to do this, but it just seems to fit in right.

“Fate had us meet as foes, but this ring will make us brothers.” - Gravemind H2

I want to have a good map remake be made. Like the halo 2 remakes of Halo CE maps; they had differences, but were still just as playable. Halo 3 remakes? Not so much. Blackout is probably the best example of how they ruined great map gameplay. Halo: Reach has all of these god awful forge remakes, and now the new HCEA remakes. Don’t get me wrong, I am definately getting CEA, but why is it necessary for them to make such huge changes to the map layout? Beaver Creek was fine; you don’t have to make it “work” with armor abilities like jetpack.

And yes, I know there is a “classic” version of all the maps. But honestly, the classic ones should be the ones in ALL of matchmaking, that way we could get some decent maps at least.

Prays to god to play Headlong in BTB again…

Agreed no more remakes when halo 4 is out, it is a brand new trilogy after all so i want new orignal maps. Espeacially we will also get to see 343i creativity, instead of remaking bungies maps.

I want to reiterate, I’m not against remakes for future Halo games. Just for Reach. We’ve got enough now.

> I want to reiterate, I’m not against remakes for future Halo games. Just for Reach. We’ve got enough now.

I think what you meant to say was “bump”.

> > I want to reiterate, I’m not against remakes for future Halo games. Just for Reach. We’ve got enough now.
>
> I think what you meant to say was “bump”.

Not at all. Some people got the wrong impression is all.

They do need to focus on the future and do some remakes of some maps. A lot of us would love to see all the maps of every halo game in one but new maps have that new map smell and feel. (Its hard to explain the feel of not knowing where everything is.
Plus some of the remake maps aren’t good for the newer halo game; Due to new things like sprint and jet pack.

Unless they made an world editor (like far cry 2) then there should be a balance of old and new maps.

Halo 4 is a year or more away it wouldn’t hurt to have a few more maps to reach. (343 doesn’t make the reach maps, they get another company to make them. Thou, 343 does make the blue print and over all theme to the map)

I would like to see Zanzibar/Last Resort again along with some other halo 3 and halo 2 maps.
At least we got Headlong (finally)