No more paid DLC maps

There shouldn’t be any more paid DLC maps, especially not like halo 3 where you had to have DLCs to play certain game types, the only thing I can say bad about its multiplayer. Maybe try to make DLCs for the campaign instead of matchmaking, also the DLCs in halo 4 weren’t even worth it IMO.

If we dont pay for DLC, we have to pay extra for something else, because business.

Also, no campaign DLC that costs money.
Ever.

Free DLC that is mandatory is the only fair solution to solve the problem with DLC. If paid DLC is mandatory, I don’t care what anyone says, then it is unfair and a cheap strategy to force DLC purchase, unless it comes with an ODST deal which makes it tolerable.

I think DLC shoudnt be mandatory but at the same time I dont like when I buy DLC and I cant play the maps because theres a lowly populated DLC playlist.

So I agree with the op that dlc should be free. They can make there extra money from cosmetic microtransactions.

I think they would earn alot of respect that way instead of selling both like H4!

Free maps and gamemodes and cosmetic microtransactions.

Also I would love a campaign DLC from the perspective of the Covvies like Ramms Shadow(GOW3)

Actually I like h3’s system of handling DLC’S’s more. At least u have a guaranty that you can play your DLC maps also in MM and not only in custom games.

> If we dont pay for DLC, we have to pay extra for something else, because business.
>
>
> Also, no campaign DLC that costs money.
> Ever.

Then why was Gurella Games able to give away free DLC maps for Killzone Shadow Fall without charging for anything else? They didn’t want Shadow Fall’s multiplayer to be fractured.

They also do occasional Campaign DLC so it can’t be to expensive, though that you have to purchase.

> > If we dont pay for DLC, we have to pay extra for something else, because business.
> >
> >
> > Also, no campaign DLC that costs money.
> > Ever.
>
> Then why was Gurella Games able to give away free DLC maps for Killzone Shadow Fall without charging for anything else? They didn’t want Shadow Fall’s multiplayer to be fractured.
>
>
> They also do occasional Campaign DLC so it can’t be to expensive, though that you have to purchase.

Because Microsoft

$$ DLC will only fragment the online community and impair matchmaking quality.

343, make the maps free. You’ll have a much healthier game. There are plenty of other ways to get our money.

> $$ DLC will only fragment the online community and impair matchmaking quality.
>
> 343, make the maps free. You’ll have a much healthier game. There are plenty of other ways to get our money.

Aesthetic microtransactions are the future!

Every time these threads pop up I feel I’m parroting myself, because I still feel the way that it should be handled is similar to Gears of War 3. Meaning that map pack DLC should be included with extras such as cosmetic armors, and when a player purchases the DLC they get the extras and early access to the maps, and then a month or two later the maps are released to everyone for free, but the extras remain exclusive to those that purchased the DLC pack. That way map pack DLC will not fracture the multiplayer community as it had for Halo 4.

Now I feel different about if it is a campaign expansion DLC, as it doesn’t really affect the main multiplaying community. And if it is the quality of say ODST, then I’m all for paying for it, because there is a lot of work that would go into that.

> > > If we dont pay for DLC, we have to pay extra for something else, because business.
> > >
> > >
> > > Also, no campaign DLC that costs money.
> > > Ever.
> >
> > Then why was Gurella Games able to give away free DLC maps for Killzone Shadow Fall without charging for anything else? They didn’t want Shadow Fall’s multiplayer to be fractured.
> >
> >
> > They also do occasional Campaign DLC so it can’t be to expensive, though that you have to purchase.
>
> Because Microsoft

Yup… so sad.

> Aesthetic microtransactions are the future!

Sing it loud. Skins, tattoos, insignia, armor, up armor, armor effects, stances, gamertag icons… the possibilities are endless, and stand a much better chance of making oodles of money for the developer. The analogy I like to use is the iTunes model – people will spend more buying the singles they want instead of being forced to buy entire albums.

> > Aesthetic microtransactions are the future!
>
> Sing it loud. Skins, tattoos, insignia, armor, up armor, armor effects, stances, gamertag icons… the possibilities are endless, and stand a much better chance of making oodles of money for the developer. The analogy I like to use is the iTunes model – people will spend more buying the singles they want instead of being forced to buy entire albums.

+1

Case-in-point: Look at my helmet.

> > $$ DLC will only fragment the online community and impair matchmaking quality.
> >
> > 343, make the maps free. You’ll have a much healthier game. There are plenty of other ways to get our money.
>
> Aesthetic microtransactions are the future!

This. DLC maps should be required and free. Then charge for weapon skins and armor that don’t affect matchmaking or gameplay. Do some package deals with the maps that include exclusive incentives to buy the package.

I find free DLC unlikely but it would be very nice to have some DLC that becomes mandatory and is free, and other DLC that is not free but also isnt mandatory. The $$ DLC can have a separate playlist dedicated to it, and can be added to normal playlists and it can be offered for votes so long as the entire lobby has it of course. And in order to boost sales simply make them awesome and have them come with aesthetic gizmos to make us want it more, like armor skins and the like.

This sounds like a much better game plan than what was implemented. Gamers love a free map here and there.

> > > > If we dont pay for DLC, we have to pay extra for something else, because business.
> > > >
> > > >
> > > > Also, no campaign DLC that costs money.
> > > > Ever.
> > >
> > > Then why was Gurella Games able to give away free DLC maps for Killzone Shadow Fall without charging for anything else? They didn’t want Shadow Fall’s multiplayer to be fractured.
> > >
> > >
> > > They also do occasional Campaign DLC so it can’t be to expensive, though that you have to purchase.
> >
> > <mark>Because Microsoft</mark>
>
> Yup… so sad.

As much as 343i may want to, Microsoft makes the rules for DLC. We’re not likely to get anything as significant as a new MP map or campaign content without paying for it.

> > > > > If we dont pay for DLC, we have to pay extra for something else, because business.
> > > > >
> > > > >
> > > > > Also, no campaign DLC that costs money.
> > > > > Ever.
> > > >
> > > > Then why was Gurella Games able to give away free DLC maps for Killzone Shadow Fall without charging for anything else? They didn’t want Shadow Fall’s multiplayer to be fractured.
> > > >
> > > >
> > > > They also do occasional Campaign DLC so it can’t be to expensive, though that you have to purchase.
> > >
> > > <mark>Because Microsoft</mark>
> >
> > Yup… so sad.
>
> As much as 343i may want to, Microsoft makes the rules for DLC. We’re not likely to get anything as significant as a new MP map or campaign content without paying for it.

Yeah… I really hate that.

> > > Aesthetic microtransactions are the future!
> >
> > Sing it loud. Skins, tattoos, insignia, armor, up armor, armor effects, stances, gamertag icons… the possibilities are endless, and stand a much better chance of making oodles of money for the developer. The analogy I like to use is the iTunes model – people will spend more buying the singles they want instead of being forced to buy entire albums.
>
> +1
>
> Case-in-point: Look at my helmet.

As long as we don’t pay for that same helmet in future games.

Also make sure there are plenty of armor to be unlocked through challenges and achievements as well.