No more "legendary" ranks?

One of my favorite things about Halo: Reach’s ranking system was the completely unrealistic but awesome ranks you could achieve after General. They required boatloads of XP, so each match you played counted at least a little towards something. Not to mention, the rank icons looked really cool.

I don’t know, I just don’t like Halo 4’s ranking system. Moving up through SR ranks feels dull and unrewarding, especially since it’s text only and there’s no accompanying icon. It also has a rather quick level cap at SR-130, with nothing to work towards after that asides from commendations.

Yeah, I know it’s not game breaking. I still play H4 just to have fun, but I always thought it was a neat feature in Halo: Reach. Hey, maybe it’s possible to add a legendary specialization via update.

That was actually cool. I feel that Halo 4 Ranks end too quickly, (I’m SR72, so I don’t have to worry about anything yet :P).

But I’d like to see them back. Anyways, maybe the Ranking system on the next TU will give us something to keep playing for :slight_smile:

I think it’s likely that more ranks will be added eventually, but honestly, it’s not really needed for now. I’d rather max out commendations than rank up anyway, you get better armor.

I agree and sure hope that they bring more specializations. It doesn’t even have to have more armor, I’d be happy if they would just take off the SR130 cap or something and let us keep moving on to higher levels.

An “inheritor” helmet like in Reach would be pretty sweet, though.

I don’t think it would be possible to get Legendary “ranks” because of the SR system. But instead they should introduce “legendary specialization”.

> One of my favorite things about Halo: Reach’s ranking system was the completely unrealistic but awesome ranks you could achieve after General. They required boatloads of XP, so each match you played counted at least a little towards something. Not to mention, the rank icons looked really cool.
>
> I don’t know, I just don’t like Halo 4’s ranking system. Moving up through SR ranks feels dull and unrewarding, especially since it’s text only and there’s no accompanying icon. It also has a rather quick level cap at SR-130, with nothing to work towards after that asides from commendations.
>
> Yeah, I know it’s not game breaking. I still play H4 just to have fun, but I always thought it was a neat feature in Halo: Reach. Hey, maybe it’s possible to add a legendary specialization via update.

soooo… you must be joking. You actually want another reach grindfest??? I would rather get to the max rank quickly exp wise and play for skill and fun afterward. CSR 1-50 is much better than further exp skill ranks.

Imo… long exp ranks suck… they are pointless short ones are much better… unless for some reason you prefer grinding to actual playing… however long skill ranks, thats an entirely different thing and is quite enjoyable =).

> I agree and sure hope that they bring more specializations. It doesn’t even have to have more armor, I’d be happy if they would just take off the SR130 cap or something and let us keep moving on to higher levels.
>
> An “inheritor” helmet like in Reach would be pretty sweet, though.

Forget about that Skull-Helmet, I want the Ancient-Human Helmet. That one was pretty cool, IMO.