No More H5 Content Updates

Yesterday Grim confirmed that Halo 5 is not likely going to be getting another content update.

> “How about more content for Halo 5?” “very unlikely assuming you are talking maps/reqs etc.”

Very unfortunate considering most of the community thought there would be one more. Looks like we won’t be seeing the rumored tier 3 grenade launcher or brute weapons in Halo 5. I wish they would have at least told us that Monitor’s Bounty would be the last so that we didn’t get our hopes up.

It’s a real shame that it came down to this. So much for my idea of a Warzone map set on Requiem / Genesis. :frowning:

EDIT: I just realized that there also won’t be a second edition of the Classic Helmet pack…the ODST boys are going to flip out.

> 2535429593088083;2:
> It’s a real shame that it came down to this. So much for my idea of a Warzone map set on Requiem / Genesis. :frowning:
>
> EDIT: I just realized that there also won’t be a second edition of the Classic Helmet pack…the ODST boys are going to flip out…

Im betting 6 will be next year so this isnt that surprising.

How I feel. :neutral_face:

It would be nice if they told us that here on the forums instead of Twitter, but what do I know.

If they don’t at least expand the motion tracker range to 25m when the Fall Update arrives, I will have officially given up on this game. I’ve been waiting for them to nerf Spartan Charge and get rid of respawn timer penalties as well; the latter should be a simple fix given such penalties were not in the beta, and yet across 2 major content updates and over a year they have done nothing.

And now that we know there will be no new content, if they do not at least fix these persistent issues with gameplay, there will be no reason for me to return to this game. 900 games played and it on the whole has not been a pleasant experience. If I had to describe Halo 5 in one word, it would be “frustrating”.

Was really hoping for something to hold me over until 6. I see another long break here soon after enjoying many more hours after a initial long 2-3 month break.

> 2533274912984822;6:
> It would be nice if they told us that here on the forums instead of Twitter, but what do I know.

It would’ve made the most sense, really.

So you don’t consider getting new maps and new playlists a content update?

At least they are ripping this band aid off before the 4K update.

> 2533274950162674;1:
> Yesterday Grim confirmed that Halo 5 is not likely going to be getting another content update.
>
>
> > “How about more content for Halo 5?” “very unlikely assuming you are talking maps/reqs etc.”
>
> Very unfortunate considering most of the community thought there would be one more.

To be honest, no one in my group of friends thought there would be another content update, including me. I can’t speak for most of the community, but 343i stated what updates we would get, they delivered, I don’t know why players thought there would be more. There is the 4K and sandbox update to come.

We need more content

I thought there was one more Fall Update coming yet to be the assumed final one? or did I dream this…

> 2535429593088083;2:
> It’s a real shame that it came down to this. So much for my idea of a Warzone map set on Requiem / Genesis. :frowning:
>
> EDIT: I just realized that there also won’t be a second edition of the Classic Helmet pack…the ODST boys are going to flip out

AHHH! RAA! APP!! AAAP!

Is that flippy enough? In all seriousness, I am deeply saddened.

Figures. I thought for sure they would have said something in regards to another update either coming out or being done. It’s a shame it took this long. The PR is terrible when it comes to communication.

With this being confirmed, i am hoping for some Halo 6 news (teasers) soon enough. Halo 6 should come out next year if the timeline is to stay intact (3 years).

> 2533274950162674;1:
> Yesterday Grim confirmed that Halo 5 is not likely going to be getting another content update.
>
>
> > “How about more content for Halo 5?” “very unlikely assuming you are talking maps/reqs etc.”
>
> Very unfortunate considering most of the community thought there would be one more. Looks like we won’t be seeing the rumored tier 3 grenade launcher or brute weapons in Halo 5. I wish they would have at least told us that Monitor’s Bounty would be the last so that we didn’t get our hopes up.

I’m the most sad about maps. Halo 5 could really use some new Warzone maps to spice up the game. Though could this be because Halo 6 is possibly coming out soon?

> 2533274912984822;6:
> It would be nice if they told us that here on the forums instead of Twitter, but what do I know.

Considering you are an ODST here on the forums, and have Achilles armor, I’d say you know enough to make that statement. I agree by the way.

> 2533274821886199;14:
> I thought there was one more Fall Update coming yet to be the assumed final one? or did I dream this…

I recently dreamed I had an iPhone SE. Did I wake up with an iPhone SE? No. Of course I didn’t. :’(