No more forge?

Hey 343 Industries :slight_smile:
Is it possible, to drop Forge completly in Halo 4?
Because i dont want this crap in Halo again. Why?
Look what happened in Reach. Bungie was done with halo since the development of Reach. And u can see it.

All the MP Maps are from the Campaign and HORRIBLE to play.
Not one of this maps is great.
Then comes forge.
I dont know why people are so hyped about this -Yoink-. Its a horrible mapmaker. If u look at the current Matchmaking, 90% of Matches is on a Forge Map. And this maps are full of problems!
Firstly the Performance. Some maps providing framerate drops. They are looking ugly all that gray and without any proper shadows. Lightning looks wrong. And the last big thing 98% of this messed maps are horrible to play.
Look at Rebirth for example.

I hope that 343 Industries will create more Unique MP Maps and pls dont copy paste from campaign. I want more NON forge maps. Like Halo 2.

Some people should try some real editors like the Farcry 2 one or Sandbox Crysis Editor before they flaming. But Forge? Meh, drop it.

I would like updates made to forge :slight_smile:

There are a many ‘clean’ forge maps not found directly in matchmaking. If you think about it some of the best maps that came from halo 3 forge were found toward the end of Halo 3’s lifecycle when it was the foremost installation of the halo series. And that’s only because that forge did not launch with halo 3 and a bunch of glitches and tricks needed to be discovered for that editor. Halo reach is different I think the most fruitful maps have yet to be grown and plucked for MM. Bungie did a stellar job on maintaining a gradual forge map integration from the community so would absolutely love to see this continue for 343i. Now if only MLG did this. Now that is a different topic.

Okay, so the people who have made hobbies of making maps, mazes, and forge art shouldn’t have their game. I totally understand.

Wait, no I don’t.

No. Just no. Forge offers so much.

I agree that improvements are needed to Forge yet. It’s still a prototype in my opinion, and more is possible with the game engine. However Forge should not be scraped what-so-ever.

I will also agree that some forge-built maps in Reach’s MM aren’t all that great to play, especially the most of the community maps. I hope that 343 put in some unique maps that might compliment the campaign, but aren’t cheap rips like Boardwalk or Power House.

So since Bungie decided to add maps made by players to matchmaking, you want forge gone so the people who like forging can’t use it anymore? That’s like saying 343 should remove matchmaking because you don’t like some features of it.

Forge is one of the top reasons why halo has proved itself to be one of the best games ever, and your saying to get rid of that??? You do realize the matches you play on are meant for slayer, CTF, bomb assault and not ones for actually having fun? There is so much more you can do with forge and all 343 has to do with it is add some more stuff and it will be perfect.

Someone get this person out of my Optimat- oh, yeah. That’s right…

I can’t fathom how people can think like this. Forge was a breakthrough. Taking it away would be a negative. I don’t care if its too grey or too anything, it helps in the making of quality maps for map creators like A 3 Legged Goat and Godly Perfection. The maps made in Forge by the community are some of the best maps I have ever played, and I prefer playing customs over MM because of it (and Classic Settings).

Forge is great, not for MM maps, but for the other fun game-types that can be made and the awesome trick maps etc. If forge isn’t included in H4, I don’t know a single person who would buy it.

Although Forge could be greatly improved on, and even at that isn’t the best map editor, it, or something similar, is very much wanted and possibly needed since Halo 3. It is a great tool for multiplayer. I do agree that I’d rather see default maps that I’d rather play again and again rather than mostly Forge created maps, but don’t deny the community a tool so great because of your unsound logic.

The reason bungie made maps in forge is because they wanted to showcase the possibilities of forge. Them converting campaign missions into multiplayer maps has nothing to do with forge what so ever, so don’t bring that into the argument.

Also, forge extends the life of the original game. And, it got some sort of award last year.

This post has been edited by a moderator. Please refrain from making posts that do not contribute to the topic at hand.

*Original post. Click at your own discretion.

> Hey 343 Industries :slight_smile:
> Is it possible, to drop Forge completly in Halo 4?
> Because i dont want this crap in Halo again. Why?
> Look what happened in Reach. Bungie was done with halo since the development of Reach. And u can see it.
>
> All the MP Maps are from the Campaign and HORRIBLE to play.
> Not one of this maps is great.
> Then comes forge.
> I dont know why people are so hyped about this -Yoink!-. Its a horrible mapmaker. If u look at the current Matchmaking, 90% of Matches is on a Forge Map. And this maps are full of problems!
> Firstly the Performance. Some maps providing framerate drops. They are looking ugly all that gray and without any proper shadows. Lightning looks wrong. And the last big thing 98% of this messed maps are horrible to play.
> Look at Rebirth for example.
>
> I hope that 343 Industries will create more Unique MP Maps and pls dont copy paste from campaign. I want more NON forge maps. Like Halo 2.
>
> Some people should try some real editors like the Farcry 2 one or Sandbox Crysis Editor before they flaming. But Forge? Meh, drop it.

forge saved halo reach and your saying it sucks ? and its already confirmed to return in halo 4 and probably all future halo games since most people like it

> > Hey 343 Industries :slight_smile:
> > Is it possible, to drop Forge completly in Halo 4?
> > Because i dont want this crap in Halo again. Why?
> > Look what happened in Reach. Bungie was done with halo since the development of Reach. And u can see it.
> >
> > All the MP Maps are from the Campaign and HORRIBLE to play.
> > Not one of this maps is great.
> > Then comes forge.
> > I dont know why people are so hyped about this -Yoink!-. Its a horrible mapmaker. If u look at the current Matchmaking, 90% of Matches is on a Forge Map. And this maps are full of problems!
> > Firstly the Performance. Some maps providing framerate drops. They are looking ugly all that gray and without any proper shadows. Lightning looks wrong. And the last big thing 98% of this messed maps are horrible to play.
> > Look at Rebirth for example.
> >
> > I hope that 343 Industries will create more Unique MP Maps and pls dont copy paste from campaign. I want more NON forge maps. Like Halo 2.
> >
> > Some people should try some real editors like the Farcry 2 one or Sandbox Crysis Editor before they flaming. But Forge? Meh, drop it.
>
> forge saved halo reach and your saying it sucks ? and its already confirmed to return in halo 4 and probably all future halo games since most people like it

You bumped a thread from a year ago?

you are adding to Halo when you create maps…I do not want to take anything away from Halo that is clearly being used.

Leave.

lets put it this way for you… have you seen the forge demo at RTX?
-dynamic lighting (objects you place cast and recieve shadows now!)
-3 different forge maps available at launch (on top of the 10 war games maps at launch that are completely new and not pasted from the campaign), and each of them has a unique theme and palette. i think this gets rid of the repitiveness of reaches bland forge made maps!

> Hey 343 Industries :slight_smile:
> Is it possible, to drop Forge completly in Halo 4?
> Because i dont want this crap in Halo again. Why?
> Look what happened in Reach. Bungie was done with halo since the development of Reach. And u can see it.
>
> All the MP Maps are from the Campaign and HORRIBLE to play.
> Not one of this maps is great.
> Then comes forge.
> I dont know why people are so hyped about this -Yoink!-. Its a horrible mapmaker. If u look at the current Matchmaking, 90% of Matches is on a Forge Map. And this maps are full of problems!
> Firstly the Performance. Some maps providing framerate drops. They are looking ugly all that gray and without any proper shadows. Lightning looks wrong. And the last big thing 98% of this messed maps are horrible to play.
> Look at Rebirth for example.
>
> I hope that 343 Industries will create more Unique MP Maps and pls dont copy paste from campaign. I want more NON forge maps. Like Halo 2.
>
> Some people should try some real editors like the Farcry 2 one or Sandbox Crysis Editor before they flaming. But Forge? Meh, drop it.

I’m sick and tired of “get rid of this, get rid of that, I don’t like this so it must suck.”

Honestly, if anyone would simply say “Hey, i don’t particularly like this aspect of this (insert item), could you possibly change [item] or work on it to make it better/more user friendly? That way those who DO like it still have it, and this way it works better for those who didn’t like the old one. What does the community think about the changes, what can the community come up with?”

Honestly, if one person, just one, did this, do you know what we could accomplish? i mean honestly, I love forge. Thats not to say it can be improved, but don’t scratch it completely. I want things to be hard to do, that way its more rewarding when you creat and AMAZING map.

Improve forge, don’t just say “lets -Yoink- 3 years of development and all possible map designes by members who already have map concepts for halo 4”

Fix, don’t destroy.

EDIT: Ooops, never mind. i see this thread is over a year old, so they wouldn’t have seen the RTX stuff…

not sure if trolling or just dumb.

Just dumb

> lets put it this way for you… have you seen the forge demo at RTX?
> -dynamic lighting (objects you place cast and recieve shadows now!)
> -3 different forge maps available at launch (on top of the 10 war games maps at launch that are completely new and not pasted from the campaign), and each of them has a unique theme and palette. i think this gets rid of the repitiveness of reaches bland forge made maps!

> not sure if trolling or just dumb.

You two, LOOK AT THAT TIME STAMP OF THE OP! It’s a year ago, there was no Forge information, it was WAY BEFORE RTX 2012, and after RTX 2011. DOES NO ONE -Yoinking!- READ TIME STAMPS AND JUST POST IN OLD AS THREADS LIKE THEY WAS MADE YESTERDAY!?

> I’m sick and tired of “get rid of this, get rid of that, I don’t like this so it must suck.”

DAMN -Yoinking!- STRAIGHT! I’m also sick and tired of said comments.