no more dlc maps

343 removed the dlc maps from infinity slayer, and i understand that, because the population very low. but i want to play the dlc maps and the chance i will find a match that all players have the dlc is slight. why there is no playlist for the dlc maps?

Because that would make sense.

… No, really. 343i’s never given a good reason why there isn’t a DLC-dedicated playlist, and no one in the community’s never been able to give a satisfying speculation either. All I can say is, if you bought the map packs, you have my condolences, but I learned my lesson after Reach.

I feel the pain bro, try partying up with people to play DLC. The more people you already have with DLC the bigger the chance you find DLC!

thanks bros.

Its been said numerous times that a DLC playlist that uses all the DLC is impossible, since the maps require different team sizes (4v4 for Majestic and Champions and at minimum 6v6-8v8 for Crimson and Castle). You can’t play 8v8 on a map made for 4v4 gametypes and vice versa as the games would be unplayable).

Also, the number of playlist slots is limited, so they have to be careful what playlists they use. They only just separated the objective playlists a couple of months ago as there were too many people complaining about not being about to play specific game types. This led to low population of the playlist, and in turn it was removed.

It is also known that DLC specific playlists in any Halo game have had some of the lowest populations compared to other playlists, so again were removed to free up space.

ive not played halo 4 for a few weeks and don’t think i will play it again as im playing reach multiplayer witch is better but let’s hope the new halo for the xbox 1 will have a better multiplayer

I want to play Majestic maps and Castle for Swat, Snipers and TS I’m getting really fed up with only playing Haven, Abandon, Complex and Adrift.

343- Add an all-DLC playlist. It gets tiresome playing playing. Big Team Battle on Ragnarok and SWAT on Adrift, Solace and Haven. I didn’t pay extra money to have all these DLC maps that I cannot use.

> 343- Add an all-DLC playlist. It gets tiresome playing playing. Big Team Battle on Ragnarok and SWAT on Adrift, Solace and Haven. I didn’t pay extra money to have all these DLC maps that I cannot use.

Please read my post above. I explained why an all DLC playlist wont work.

343 should remove those crappy playlists with 100 ppl population and bring back the dlc playlists. i mean… i bought the dlc content and now i cant even play it? what the Halo did i pay for? :slight_smile:

> <mark>343 should remove those crappy playlists with 100 ppl population and bring back the dlc playlists</mark>. i mean… i bought the dlc content and now i cant even play it? what the Halo did i pay for? :slight_smile:

The DLC playlists’ populations were no better than “those crappy playlists with 100 ppl” we have today. They were pretty highly populated for their first few days (when each map pack was released), but after a week they barely ever broke the 150 player mark (200 at the most) and never do when they are reintroduced. This is why they were removed and put as rotational playlists, because they are basically dead when available and just take up playlist server space that could be used to improve matchmaking quality.